Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 01:13 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
For all those who scoffed at my claim that suicide is growing in the US, well here is my proof:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/us-suicide...opstories.html

I certainly know why. This is a glaring consequence when you kick faith and God out of the culture and society. We are seeing a rapid increase in suicide at the same time we are seeing an increase of people leaving the church and faith. Furthermore, you can find high suicide rates in countries like Japan where religion is not a part of the culture.

The ugly truth is that atheism and suicide are tied at the hip.

Religion and Suicide: Religious Affiliation, Atheism, Suicide
If there were a lower rate of aggression and suicide in religious people, as the article claims, why are there so many self-proclaimed Christians, and very few Atheists in US prison population? Looks like religion is teaching followers to be afraid of killing themselves, while having no fear of harming, or murdering other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 01:40 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Facts, facts, facts ,facts, facts.

Logic,logic,logic,logic,logic.

Blah,blah,blah,blah,blah.

You atheists sure know how to ruin a good rant

Old 04-22-2016, 01:52 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Facts, facts, facts ,facts, facts.

Logic,logic,logic,logic,logic.

Blah,blah,blah,blah,blah.

You atheists sure know how to ruin a good rant
Yes, interesting that Jeff has not been able to respond when the details are pointed out to him.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:55 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Word of advice to Jeff

If your mission is to rail against atheists, please check all your facts and make sure your conclusion is sound and logical. Otherwise it will look to you that we are picking on you when we are just correcting your conclusion and logic.

Rail all you want though as I am responsible for myself, my words and my actions it does not matter to me, however false statements and accusations and poor logic will provide me with reasons to respond. But I will not respond with starting threads based on what Pastor Manning, Rich Wild or Pat Robertson have said about atheists s those are not the views of most Christians that I know. Have fun.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:10 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Well now you folks are just picking on Jeff and persecuting him by not accepting his claims at face value .

Shame on the mean atheists .
Another example of atheist mockery. Mean atheist = mockery. Funny that in your attempt to pick at me, you only prove my point even more.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:20 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,074,940 times
Quote:
Funny that in your attempt to pick at me, you only prove my point even more.
I thought your point was that a rise in atheism has increased the rate of suicides.

Was that ... not ... the point of creating this thread?

Old 04-22-2016, 02:22 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
I thought your point was that a rise in atheism has increased the rate of suicides.

Attention Deficit Order can be mitigated.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post

No I think the point of the thread was to give Jeff a reason to get his feelings hurt .

Old 04-22-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Another example of atheist mockery. Mean atheist = mockery. Funny that in your attempt to pick at me, you only prove my point even more.

You seem to think I care about whether you want to whine or not . I have just about given up on you. This type of whining post is all anyone gets from you anymore . Really, from the day I joined that's all I've seen . I wonder how long before me it has gone on? Has there ever been a time when Jeff just posted on topic and didn't whine ?

Old 04-22-2016, 02:48 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
This is foolishness. You're making the assumption that correlation equals causation which is not the case. Violent crime has also decreased over the years.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...rimemain_final

If you're going to say that atheism causes more suicides then you have to say that belief in god causes more violent crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality