Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2016, 02:41 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why wouldn't atheists know there is more to this life than live, breathe and die?

The atheists I know have extremely full lives. Maybe more so BECAUSE they can't just write this one off as inconsequential as compared to "the afterlife." They have to live to the fullest and make an impact and a difference for themselves and for the future, right now, here on earth. They can't just white-knuckle it through their lives waiting for their "reward" and write off life on earth as a temporary stop to grit one's teeth to on the way to Paradise.

Your "more to life" comment simply doesn't fit.
Sorry I'm not buying what you're selling. Funny how every single atheist I've encountered online crows on about how wonderful and great their live is away from God. Yet they spend a lot of time online writing ugly extremely bitter rants against Christians. That's not indicative of a happy content person. That's indicative of hatred towards God and God's Word. That's the reason why you will NEVER agree with anything I write or anything another Christian posts, and I can be quite confident in that claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 02:46 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sorry I'm not buying what you're selling. Funny how every single atheist I've encountered online crows on about how wonderful and great their live is away from God. Yet they spend a lot of time online writing ugly extremely bitter rants against Christians. That's not indicative of a happy content person. That's indicative of hatred towards God and God's Word. That's the reason why you will NEVER agree with anything I write or anything another Christian posts, and I can be quite confident in that claim.
No doubt the result of unpleasant personal experiences.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:50 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
No, it's the sign of someone who wants to protect not only his/her freedom, but the freedom of those to come.

And yes, that absolutely is important, critically important. Because there are those who do continuously attempt to squirt religion into every possible segment of society, down to schools (teach 'em in the cradle)...and we've all seen how freedom-robbing and anti-progress, anti-intellect and anti-acceptance that's been in the past.

So yeah, they get strident...for sure.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:57 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:

Prove it. Show one ugly bitter rant I have made against Christians. Show just one. No you can't. Disagreeing with you is not hatred of Christians. You do not represent Christians. But I have agreed with Christians on this forum and in real life. I agreed with Vizio on one recent thread unless he is not a Christian. you even call Christians who do not agree with you atheists and that they cannot be Christians. And then you shoot back with your agape love. It certainly is not for anyone who disagrees with you. Heck on one post I even agreed with you. But you make these outrageous accusations against large groups of people and then attempt to hide behind being a Christian in order to avoid anyone from agreeing with you.

We should not scare you that much that you need to attack us for not believing what you do. You have made all kinds of false claims about what we thing or how we feel without bothering to read what we actually feel and how we think.

I dislike discrimination, the attempt to keep science out of schools and lies. I do not believe in any gods and certainly not any demons therefore I do not hate him or them regardless of what you say. I have never even bad mouthed your God on this or any other forum. Not all Christians think like you and not all of them post such hated of all those different from themselves, in fact most Christians on this site anyway are nice people who one can have a discussion with. I believe that you are the only Christian on this site that I cannot have a civil discussion with. You are too angry to have a discussion with.

Cheers and take care

Old 04-27-2016, 03:19 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
I could not comment on the thread that just got closed but Vizio again made a post I agree with him about religion and ones kids and at least one other person who considers themselves a Christian also made an excellent post. One Christian made a comment about politics that I disagree with. So Jeff during reading that thread do I only hate God one third of the time or one third of amount.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:22 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
You won't even define what is required to be considered valid proof. Probably because you would be too scared to have to finally admit that God is real.
Here is a proof I, and I would venture, most atheists, would accept.

Take your most profound experience that you find is the reason you believe in a god. How could we have that same feeling, every time, and have it exactly the same way you did, and, every other person would have that same feeling also.

In other words, the feeling you have that you think is a result of a god is identifiable, and replicatable.

We'll wait while you come up with that.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:27 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
No doubt the result of unpleasant personal experiences.
With atheists? Yep, every time.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:31 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
An unpleasant personal experience with an atheist would lead one to write an angry rant against Christians? That doesn't make any sense at all to me. Can you explain the logic?

Old 04-27-2016, 05:38 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Just heard on TV news that 22 veterans per day commit suicide. Maybe if "Christians" would stop cheering on wars that number could be reduced. But the modus operandi of conservative churches has as its theme song "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition."

What war is showing people of peace is that no amount of "faith," "flag-waving," and "prayer for vets," can mitigate the awful impact on those the "faithful" send to fight often unjustified or falsely justified (Weapons of Mass Destruction) wars.

What would jeffbase do to halt his part in those suicides?

Old 04-27-2016, 05:55 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Every time? Well then, perhaps you should consider the common denominator there, Jeff. Nearly everyone I know IRL is Christian and I haven't had negative experiences with any of them, nor any of them with me. If every single atheist you run into turns into a negative experience, and they're all different, varied people, and the one constant in the situation is you, well...I mean...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality