Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2016, 07:21 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
False hope. It may bring peace, but Buddhism's strive for Nirvana gives them peace. So does spiritual naturalism when communing with nature. Pantheism works for some. The good part about these examples is that they do not bring false hopes, which makes them more honest as a philosophy.
False hope? That's only your biased opinion. You don't have a single shred of evidence to prove that people's faith in Christ is false or imaginary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Gee Jeff, the reason why God is imaginary is that there is insufficient evidence for the existence of one. Just as there is insufficient evidence to suggest unicorns exist. The default position is non existence until existence is proven through reason and evidence. If God's exists, then his / her / it's action's can be judged. Why wouldn't they be able to be judged? The point some atheists make about actions is hypothetical, meaning that if this Biblical God exists, then we can make some assertions about judging it's behavior.
Correction - there is insufficient evidence to convince people who have harden their hearts against God. NOTHING I repeat NOTHING would ever convince people as your self even if I had a live camera on a visit from an angel. You would find some way to explain it. Supernatural events and miracles happen every day. You just want to stay blind to this reality.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:58 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Correction - there is insufficient evidence to convince people who have harden their hearts against God. NOTHING I repeat NOTHING would ever convince people as your self even if I had a live camera on a visit from an angel. You would find some way to explain it. Supernatural events and miracles happen every day. You just want to stay blind to this reality.
If supernatural events and miracles happen everyday, certainly it would be easy for you to cite an example, right?

Old 05-10-2016, 09:06 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Maybe reality is too hard to understand, and that's why you choose to be blind? It's so much easier to just say, Oh Jesus/God did it, so you don't have to think for yourself.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
If supernatural events and miracles happen everyday, certainly it would be easy for you to cite an example, right?
100's of proofs, but when questioned, he won't supply any evidence because he won't waste time of people without an open mind, without realizing it is an open mind that WANTS to see these proofs. I, for one, and open to anything, I would think that someone who wants to spread the word of God would be willing to share these proofs, especially if they were so SURE it was PROOF UNDENIABLE. But that's just me.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Did you miss jeffy's (in)famous Flaming Hand Proves God post?

Perhaps he'll favour us with it again for those who missed it 1st time around.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:42 PM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
False hope? That's only your biased opinion. You don't have a single shred of evidence to prove that people's faith in Christ is false or imaginary.
Well, one could ask ourselves whether faith in Christ is not false or imaginary. Where does this faith in Christ lie? Does it not lie in one's imagination? Or is it something we can touch and see?

I would say it is undoubtedly imaginary.

Can you prove that faith in Christ is not imaginary?

Old 05-10-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Maybe reality is too hard to understand, and that's why you choose to be blind? It's so much easier to just say, Oh Jesus/God did it, so you don't have to think for yourself.
We need to talk about this Jesus/God thing. Perhaps a new thread.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that the almighty god, creator of the universe and all that's in it, including the very flawed man (who is created in God's image), does not have the power to convince us? What happened to the almighty bit?

Old 05-11-2016, 05:01 AM

Quote:
I have before and it gets laughed off every time. No point in bothering again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality