Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 05:07 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,739,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
100's of proofs, but when questioned, he won't supply any evidence because he won't waste time of people without an open mind, without realizing it is an open mind that WANTS to see these proofs. I, for one, and open to anything, I would think that someone who wants to spread the word of God would be willing to share these proofs, especially if they were so SURE it was PROOF UNDENIABLE. But that's just me.
If you had an open mind, you would be out there seeking evidence instead of standing there, arms folded, defiantly asking the Christian, "oh yea, convince me" And then immediately going to work to shred the evidence so you can feel better about your atheism. Goading doesn't work with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 05:11 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,034 times
^ And many of us do just that. But we ALSO ask the Christians that we meet. And they.... like you example so well here.... have no answers to give.

And how do you know people shred the evidence given you have NEVER presented any? You have no idea what we will do with evidence until such time as you stop saying you have it.... and actually present it.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:11 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Did you miss jeffy's (in)famous Flaming Hand Proves God post?

Perhaps he'll favour us with it again for those who missed it 1st time around.
For those who missed it....

Old 05-11-2016, 07:53 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Correction - there is insufficient evidence to convince people who have harden their hearts against God.
There is written documentation that your god hardens hearts. Prove to me your god isn't intentionally hardening mine Jeff. Please?

Old 05-11-2016, 07:57 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I can't believe it! Jeffbase40 is this thread's OP
I sense a disturbance in the force.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:45 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
For those who missed it....

Thank you for proving my point. Any attempts to provide evidence is always met with mockery and NEVER an ounce of consideration. I stand behind that point of evidence also. An entire film crew reporting supernatural events on set is at least worth a second of consideration.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:03 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Thank you for proving my point. Any attempts to provide evidence is always met with mockery and NEVER an ounce of consideration. I stand behind that point of evidence also. An entire film crew reporting supernatural events on set is at least worth a second of consideration.
I'm at a loss for words.

It's a fire. That sort of looks like a hand.

Why do you think that is evidence for something supernatural?

Old 05-11-2016, 09:58 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Hey, all I did was repost the picture! Where did I mock it??

But seriously, Jeff, from what I have read on it, the director knew nothing of it until the picture came out. He then went frame by frame and it wasn't there. I see no mention of anyone seeing this, except in this picture. People claim to see all sorts of things. Do you believe in all those as well? Show me proof that there was no photoshop/photo manipulation involved, or proof where all these people say they saw it, and we will have an actual conversation. Fact is, there is very little info on the event.

Even so, how would this be evidence of anything, much less your personal God?

Old 05-11-2016, 10:46 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Correction - there is insufficient evidence to convince people who have harden their hearts against God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
There is written documentation that your god hardens hearts. Prove to me your god isn't intentionally hardening mine Jeff. Please?
Bump in case you missed this Jeff. Can you prove to me that jesus isn't hardening my heart Jeff?

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 05-11-2016 at 12:15 PM..

Old 05-11-2016, 01:32 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
If you had an open mind, you would be out there seeking evidence instead of standing there, arms folded, defiantly asking the Christian, "oh yea, convince me" And then immediately going to work to shred the evidence so you can feel better about your atheism. Goading doesn't work with me.
I've certainly never done that to you, Jeff. I've asked over and over to offer up the proofs you say you have so many of, that's all. But you never do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality