Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 08:18 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You claimed you were not being disrespectful to me. I proved you wrong. Your response? "oh call em as I see em!" At least own up to it instead of claiming I'm the one being rude.
Get over it man! Grow a thicker skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 08:42 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
you claimed you were not being disrespectful to me. I proved you wrong. Your response? "oh call em as i see em!" at least own up to it instead of claiming i'm the one being rude.
lol!

Old 05-11-2016, 09:26 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
lol!
Thank you for proving my point again.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Thank you for proving my point again.
jeffy, you've become a caricature.

Congratulations.

Ish....

Old 05-11-2016, 11:20 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Aren't they 2 of the trinity, father, son and holy ghost?
Father and son. Some people switch between them. "Father god, we pray ..... " then switching over to "Lord Jesus who died on the cross to save us from our sins .... " Subject for a separate thread.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:40 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I'm at a loss for words.

It's a fire. That sort of looks like a hand.

Why do you think that is evidence for something supernatural?
It doesn't 'sort of' look like a hand to me, it vaguely looks like a dinosaur claw or paw or whatever dinosaurs had. I've seen clouds that look like things. When I look at that image I see a fire.

Jeff, a special effects fireball on a movie set does not constitute evidence of God. Real evidence of God would be the ending of all the suffering in the world, the ending of the starvation of all those children in north Africa and other parts, the ending of child sex slavery and harvesting of organs from children (who die in the process) and the ending of fundamentalist persecution and hatred of homosexuals and child abuse and things like that.

If the 'hand' in the fireball looked more like this, it would have been more convincing.

Moderator cut: Potentially offensive image removed

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-12-2016 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: Image removed

Old 05-12-2016, 04:30 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Correction - there is insufficient evidence to convince people who have harden their hearts against God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
There is written documentation that your god hardens hearts. Prove to me your god isn't intentionally hardening mine Jeff. Please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Bump in case you missed this Jeff. Can you prove to me that jesus isn't hardening my heart Jeff?
You don't have me on ignore, do you Jeff?

Or is this another checkmate moment?

Old 05-12-2016, 07:01 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I'm at a loss for words.

It's a fire. That sort of looks like a hand.

Why do you think that is evidence for something supernatural?
Why would the film crew even bother reporting if it is a perfectly natural occurrence? Did you even read the article? They saw apparitions and vehicles driving off by themselves. Oh perfectly natural in your dismissive world huh? There is NOTHING that will phase you obviously.

James Bond Movies: Licence to Kill - The Flaming Hand @ Universal Exports, The Home of James Bond, 007

Old 05-12-2016, 07:31 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Why would the film crew even bother reporting if it is a perfectly natural occurrence? Did you even read the article? They saw apparitions and vehicles driving off by themselves. Oh perfectly natural in your dismissive world huh? There is NOTHING that will phase you obviously.

James Bond Movies: Licence to Kill - The Flaming Hand @ Universal Exports, The Home of James Bond, 007
You see the unknown as proof of the supernatural. I don't. It's a fundamental difference between you and I.

People report "weird" stuff all the time. I attribute most of it as people wanting to get noticed. The rest I simply see as the unknown. I don't fall for the "I don't understand it, therefore it's supernatural" fallacy.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:54 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:

Oh yes, a blog about James Bond movies is where I go for ALL my reputable news!

Where are all the other people talking about this stuff? The director didn't even say anything about seeing something other than the hand, in a picture (Which could have been altered). A truck moved by itself and a truck burst into flames.... Was it the same truck, or two different trucks? If it was the same truck, then obviously there was something wrong with the truck.

Do you believe that people who see Bigfoot are telling the truth, and therefore Bigfoot is real? What about aliens? Ghosts? Demons? What about people who see apparitions at their house? Do you really take something like this flaming hand at face value? Do you really see this as some kind of evidence for your specific God? If so, please explain how this is evidence of anything of the sort.

I mean, seriously Jeff, if this is all it takes for you to believe in something, then I understand why you are a theist, as you are obviously very easily led to believe things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality