Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 04:20 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
That's a perception, but to try and confine faith to such limitation is only a choice you choose.
We have people running for President, talking about faith as if to divide people, not to inspire people, we have people talking about dooms day because of little faith, and we have a mass of anti God people saying and doing anything they can to try and deny the concept or premise of God. We have people of claims of faith talking about jihad and killing people because of their faith, and you are trying to avoid thinking beyond the surface. Geez!!!!!!

The premise of the topic of the OP is talking about people turning from God and God premise and being of little faith.
What is it that you are missing or choosing to ignore or disregard, or to try and deter the commentary to what you might find more digestible to your perspective.
Typing space is free and you are quite free to expound on your concepts, to support, deny of paint a caption you want to convey. But to try and throw stones to seize the blog serves no purpose.

It was an honest question. Sorry if I took up valuable space in your thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 04:36 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
It was an honest question. Sorry if I took up valuable space in your thread.
It's not my thread, it is a posted blog open for dialog. I'd be delighted to read your expanded commentary. I just want to make it clear that the aspect and concept and elements of faith is broad and deep in the whole of all that makes up what is our lives, this nation, the society and how we live within it.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:01 PM

99,601 posts, read 4,493,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Billy Graham's Daughter?

Property of Billy Graham, hereto with known as Billy Graham's daughter.

Billy Graham's daughter is a woman who has lived a privileged life as Billy Graham's daughter.

Billy Graham's daughter is really really disappointed in America.

Billy Graham's daughter absolutely hates the pursuit of money. It hurts her delicate privileged sensibilities. Poor dear.

Billy Graham's daughter has difficulty with women showing skin. It might give her impure thoughts.

I think being known as Billy Graham's daughter has been traumatizing for Billy Graham's daughter.
Indeed. And it's worth pointing out that Billy Graham's daughter is voting for Donald Trump. I suppose God will be pleased and look more favorably on America if Trump is elected?

Who Anne Graham Lotz will vote for in November

Old 05-15-2016, 05:16 PM

20,018 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
Indeed. And it's worth pointing out that Billy Graham's daughter is voting for Donald Trump. I suppose God will be pleased and look more favorably on America if Trump is elected?

Who Anne Graham Lotz will vote for in November
Lol -- this quote says it all: "Lotz maintains that there is little to think about when making her decision for President"

Old 05-15-2016, 05:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
God is turning away from America.... so Ms Graham-Lotz is going to vote for a guy who is on his third wife.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:50 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
Hypocrites abound in this country. Believe here and drop money in the basket....
That makes you a good worthwhile person? Give me a break you religious nut cases. LEAVE US ALONE.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:42 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
They are accomplishing CONTROL and COMPLIANCE from the believing masses.
Exactly. Religious / supernatural ideas dumb down a population in my opinion. It's why the U.S. is full of religious nutjobs and arguably the least intelligent people in the developed world. I say that as an American also.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:13 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
It's not my thread, it is a posted blog open for dialog. I'd be delighted to read your expanded commentary. I just want to make it clear that the aspect and concept and elements of faith is broad and deep in the whole of all that makes up what is our lives, this nation, the society and how we live within it.
This is a thread. A blog is something else entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality