Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 11:46 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Hmm.

The part that continually deflects from any stain via association with the church, pretends there's no support for the perps and no glancing past empathy for the victims, and instead of trying to save children, harps on protecting Christianity?

That part.

HTH.
Do you realize that a church that doesn't actually teach Christianity does not represent Christianity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 11:56 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Can we just agree though, that these guys are the deviation from the norm? These are NOT what Christianity teaches.
I do not really know about a deviation. I wonder why men are drawn to affiliations where they seek vulnerable children, and teens. I consider these men suspect when it comes to children.

I trusted my transgendered friends with my children. Preacher, Pastor, Priest? Never.

I wonder why any Pastor who believes he is Christian would give a sex offender the pulpit to preach. Those men call themselves Christian.

How do you preach the Gospel and sodomize the alter boy? This is Christianity whether you believe it, or not.

Some how, these Christian men justify their behavior. They live by the Bible, and I am sure that is where they justify it. Christianity seems to be complicit.

I realize you do not want them to be Christian. That does not change what some Christian men, with authority, do.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:06 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I do not really know about a deviation. I wonder why men are drawn to affiliations where they seek vulnerable children, and teens. I consider these men suspect when it comes to children.

I trusted my transgendered friends with my children. Preacher, Pastor, Priest? Never.

I wonder why any Pastor who believes he is Christian would give a sex offender the pulpit to preach. Those men call themselves Christian.

How do you preach the Gospel and sodomize the alter boy? This is Christianity whether you believe it, or not.
I share those same concerns.
Quote:
Some how, these Christian men justify their behavior. They live by the Bible, and I am sure that is where they justify it. Christianity seems to be complicit.

I realize you do not want them to be Christian. That does not change what some Christian men, with authority, do.
If you believe they're Christians, why would you NOT want one to preach, etc?

I, on the other hand, realize their actions are not consistent with the faith and do not represent Christianity.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:27 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
I share those same concerns.

If you believe they're Christians, why would you NOT want one to preach, etc?

I, on the other hand, realize their actions are not consistent with the faith and do not represent Christianity.

I call them Christian because they identify as such. It is what they believe. What I believe is unimportant.

I would not want a pedophile at the pulpit to preach. I tend not to listen to men who preach anyway, but that is just me.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:20 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio
So..again..what's your point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I've made it, and we have seen right here in these forums where so-called christians blamed a 13 year old girl who had a knife at her throat while being raped and sodomized. Suspecting her of being complicit, perhaps even a "tramp" who seduced the rapist.
Again, this is a statement and it concerns me personally. "I" am the one to whom the OP is referencing above. And, I take exception to his continually attempting to besmirch my (generally honorable) character and highlighting it thus on thread after thread! The OP has implied that "I" am a rapist simply because I question and delve into the contents of his posts that I find are are creepy at best and seriously disturbing at worst. And, he hides behind the safety of anonymity like so many cowards do. Why others are continually accommodating the OP and his obsessiveness with such subject material I have no idea. But, that's up to them. I DO have an idea, however, what inner psych issues may drive the OP. One does not have to be an active sex offender to be turned on by the subject.

OP, LEAVE ME ALONE!

Old 04-28-2016, 09:46 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Again, this is a statement and it concerns me personally. "I" am the one to whom the OP is referencing above. And, I take exception to his continually attempting to besmirch my (generally honorable) character and highlighting it thus on thread after thread! The OP has implied that "I" am a rapist simply because I question and delve into the contents of his posts that I find are are creepy at best and seriously disturbing at worst. And, he hides behind the safety of anonymity like so many cowards do. Why others are continually accommodating the OP and his obsessiveness with such subject material I have no idea. But, that's up to them. I DO have an idea, however, what inner psych issues may drive the OP. One does not have to be an active sex offender to be turned on by the subject.

OP, LEAVE ME ALONE!
Your own words were what defined your character. No one spoon fed them to you, and you repeated them again, and again, and again. You showed NO empathy for the victim, at all. But you certainly had a lot of excuses and empathy for the perpetrator.

Most of us cannot understand that.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:46 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
I have inside knowledge that sexual impropriety is more common in conservative/evangelical religions than people might think.

Also, I credit this guy
THE SECOND COMING OF BILLY WEBER - D Magazine

With being the Inspiration which caused me to renounce my membership in the Baptist church.
I spoke to the guy on a few occasions, Just being around him, there was something just not right about him. I mentioned this to my family, a few friends, they all said "No you are wrong. he is a minister called by God"
Well, I was right. Bill Weber was a sociopath, Nothing less.

But the scandals at the church he founded continue to this day.
http://baptistnews.com/article/pasto...udge-accusers/

Now Again, I quit about a week after my parents forced me to join up. renounced my membership, walked away mad. No one (other than my mom) cared, and she now admits that it was a mistake ever to have been involved there.

I am glad I left. In the same situation, I would do the same again.

But I feel sorry for the less insightful who fall prey to these criminals who hide behind the piety of the ministry to abuse others.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:24 PM

20,012 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Weird...I was JUST thinking that. You just never stop, do you?

I've asked this a hundred times, but have yet to see anyone tell me. What tenet of Christianity do you believe informs a Christian that we should do this? Do you believe that the religion actually tells pastors to do that?
Sorry, but particularly when it comes to molesting children it is not about believing correctly, but acting correctly.

I don't care what the Bible says or doesn't say ... I care about what people using the Bible do or don't do.

For the sake of argument let us assume this pervert is Not Really A Christian. Shouldn't you want to sue him for copyright infringement and defamation then for claiming to be a Christian?

The indifference of "real" Christians and contention that this kind of thing is "not my problem" is really awful.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:28 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
I'm beginning to think these religious nut jobs are offering up their kids as a sexual sacrifice to these animals for heaven points.

Employees of god inc

Old 05-28-2016, 08:32 AM

247 posts, read 236,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I have inside knowledge that sexual impropriety is more common in conservative/evangelical religions than people might think.
Unfortunately, I could offer personal testimony to the validity of this statement as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Also, I credit this guy
THE SECOND COMING OF BILLY WEBER - D Magazine

With being the Inspiration which caused me to renounce my membership in the Baptist church.
I spoke to the guy on a few occasions, Just being around him, there was something just not right about him. I mentioned this to my family, a few friends, they all said "No you are wrong. he is a minister called by God"
Well, I was right. Bill Weber was a sociopath, Nothing less.

But the scandals at the church he founded continue to this day.
http://baptistnews.com/article/pasto...udge-accusers/

Now Again, I quit about a week after my parents forced me to join up. renounced my membership, walked away mad. No one (other than my mom) cared, and she now admits that it was a mistake ever to have been involved there.

I am glad I left. In the same situation, I would do the same again.

But I feel sorry for the less insightful who fall prey to these criminals who hide behind the piety of the ministry to abuse others.
Holy cow! Thanks for the D magazine article ...I just skimmed, but this very Prestonwood Baptist was one of the first I went to (that my father wasn't the pastor of) after I graduated HS in West Texas and moved to the DFW area in the mid-80's, so this guy would probably have been the pastor that I heard. The pastor and the youth group there were fairly key in my reaching the conclusion that they weren't too far removed from what I left (and deplored); I was already well along my way in my questioning, but they certainly helped move me along in the suspicion that the toxicity I grew up with was institutional rather than merely local.

To be honest, the largest single factor that led to my questioning was the "read the Bible cover to cover in a year" program though, and I highly recommend it to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality