Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 04:07 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times

Advertisements

Here we go again and it never stops. Another pastor, another sex scandal on minors.

East Bay minister charged with 23 counts of child sex abuse - SFGate

Seriously folks, this HAS to stop, and part of what will make it stop is that just as muslims are the answer for combating islamic terrorism, christians must be the answer to stop apologizing and defending these creeps and pedophiles.

To their credit, his church has suspended him. But I'm sure the usual suspects on here will tell us he will be redeemed and we must forgive.

Stuff it with your sanctimonious clap trap. Pastors and priests are preying on young children because they can, and are perceived as trustworthy, as well as having an enormous amount of influence over the faithful of their community.

This is getting to be a daily occurrence. Is that what your religion teaches you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 04:12 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Here we go again and it never stops.
Weird...I was JUST thinking that. You just never stop, do you?
Quote:

Another pastor, another sex scandal on minors.

East Bay minister charged with 23 counts of child sex abuse - SFGate

Seriously folks, this HAS to stop, and part of what will make it stop is that just as muslims are the answer for combating islamic terrorism, christians must be the answer to stop apologizing and defending these creeps and pedophiles.

To their credit, his church has suspended him. But I'm sure the usual suspects on here will tell us he will be redeemed and we must forgive.

Stuff it with your sanctimonious clap trap. Pastors and priests are preying on young children because they can, and are perceived as trustworthy, as well as having an enormous amount of influence over the faithful of their community.

This is getting to be a daily occurrence. Is that what your religion teaches you?
I've asked this a hundred times, but have yet to see anyone tell me. What tenet of Christianity do you believe informs a Christian that we should do this? Do you believe that the religion actually tells pastors to do that?

Old 04-27-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Weird...I was JUST thinking that. You just never stop, do you?

I've asked this a hundred times, but have yet to see anyone tell me. What tenet of Christianity do you believe informs a Christian that we should do this?
The point is that these are supposed moral leaders in their community. When their transgressions are exposed, too many christians come to the defense the individuals. Why?

Why are christians so quick to forgive and forget some of the worst crimes other than murder? Any suggestion on why that is? Rather than working on ways to stop this stuff that we see daily.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
The point is that these are supposed moral leaders in their community. When their transgressions are exposed, too many christians come to the defense the individuals. Why?
I've never met a Christian that defends actions like this. Never.
Quote:
Why are christians so quick to forgive and forget some of the worst crimes other than murder? Any suggestion on why that is? Rather than working on ways to stop this stuff that we see daily.
We aren't. This is despicable. We are working to stop it. But no matter how many policies and procedures in place, it's impossible to stop. For the same reason this stuff happens in schools, and other places where adults have access to kids.

So..again..what's your point?

Old 04-27-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:

We aren't. This is despicable. We are working to stop it. But no matter how many policies and procedures in place, it's impossible to stop. For the same reason this stuff happens in schools, and other places where adults have access to kids.

I've made it, and we have seen right here in these forums where so-called christians blamed a 13 year old girl who had a knife at her throat while being raped and sodomized. Suspecting her of being complicit, perhaps even a "tramp" who seduced the rapist.

When there is a bunch of rotten apples in the bin, they must all be rooted out, not excused, not washed and their smell avoided. Just as muslims need to stop the terrorists in their mosques, christians need to stop this from happening again and again, and more so, stop excusing the perpetrators.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I've made it, and we have seen right here in these forums where so-called christians blamed a 13 year old girl who had a knife at her throat while being raped and sodomized. Suspecting her of being complicit, perhaps even a "tramp" who seduced the rapist.
So why are you creating another thread attacking Christianity to make the point you attempted to make on that thread?
Quote:
When there is a bunch of rotten apples in the bin, they must all be rooted out, not excused, not washed and their smell avoided. Just as muslims need to stop the terrorists in their mosques, christians need to stop this from happening again and again, and more so, stop excusing the perpetrators.
Agreed. So should teachers and little league coaches. Now how do you propose we do that?

Old 04-27-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
So why are you creating another thread attacking Christianity to make the point you attempted to make on that thread?
Because it is a new instance. And the more these are exposed, the more likelyhood of action from within, except those, of course, who excuse this predatory behavior as the fault of the victim, and stress forgiveness of the perpetrator over empathy for that victim.

Quote:
Agreed. So should teachers and little league coaches. Now how do you propose we do that?
But they already are. I volunteered at a local school in Tampa (yes, as a Canadian, I did that, as my girlfriend at the time was a teacher there). I had to go through a security and background check before I was even allowed past the admin office, and that took a day.

Rotarians and anyone who may be involved with contact of an exchange student (like the Rotarian's neighbor who may have tickets to a hockey game for the exchange student) need to go through a police check before it is allowed that the exchange student can be in their home or car with them.

Teachers are subject to extensive background checks in the jurisdictions I am familiar with. So are coaches in many leagues.

You've outlined the safety checks your church does to ensure that there are always two adults around and that you and other church members are not alone with children. That is being proactive. I also have not heard you jumping on the quick forgiveness wagon others have, and although you and I have differences, I think we see eye to eye on that issue.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Because it is a new instance. And the more these are exposed, the more likelyhood of action from within, except those, of course, who excuse this predatory behavior as the fault of the victim, and stress forgiveness of the perpetrator over empathy for that victim.

But they already are. I volunteered at a local school in Tampa (yes, as a Canadian, I did that, as my girlfriend at the time was a teacher there). I had to go through a security and background check before I was even allowed past the admin office, and that took a day.

Rotarians and anyone who may be involved with contact of an exchange student (like the Rotarian's neighbor who may have tickets to a hockey game for the exchange student) need to go through a police check before it is allowed that the exchange student can be in their home or car with them.

Teachers are subject to extensive background checks in the jurisdictions I am familiar with. So are coaches in many leagues.

You've outlined the safety checks your church does to ensure that there are always two adults around and that you and other church members are not alone with children. That is being proactive. I also have not heard you jumping on the quick forgiveness wagon others have, and although you and I have differences, I think we see eye to eye on that issue.
Perhaps put three or five of these incidents into one thread if you wish to discuss any systemic problems.

I had to have an annual police check when I did foster parenting and so did any adult that lived with us except for ESL students as there were screened before they could enter the country. Police checks only catch those who already on some list not those not yet caught. I also agree that the policy in place at Vizio s church is set up to protect both the kids and the adults, tragic it has to be but if these policies were wide spread in the past there would be much less alter boys, natives in residential schools and Sheldon Kennedy needing to recover. For those who do not know I just briefly covered religion, education and sports.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:56 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio

Quote:

I would prefer this to be my only contribution to this thread. It's a one-time statement only and doesn't necessarily need a response.

I refer the reader to the above bolded part that refers to ME personally. The OP has a tendency to juggle the truth somewhat and his intent on this forum with his obsession for these kinds of threads should be obvious to most anyone who is familiar with the OP. Why people keep encouraging him I have no idea. But, I believe this person has an agenda and I doubt that it's anywhere near as honorable as he would have us believe.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:16 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
I am not a Christian but I agree with Vizio's notion.

What OP needs to understand is that such "Pastors" are criminals on a tripple count. They are criminals of the local laws, they are criminals of humanity and they are criminals of God who abuse the religion.

Religion NEVER tells anyone to do such crimes. These wolves in the skin of a sheep simply use the name of religion to do all different kinds of crimes to satisfy their own lust and greed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality