Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:00 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm willing to bet that there are even more cases of school teachers out there having sex with students. So with your reasoning, I guess that means we should trash all school teachers or do away with them.
* Don't confuse them. The mob feels safe bashing religion here. They don't want to have to think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 09:10 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Sure it does. I've seen it in my own life, and the life of others. But you and the others are complaining that every yahoo that claims the name of Jesus isn't a perfect angel. Great. I get that. God never promised we would be. But in time, behavior does follow if a person's faith is real.
No, were not complaining that they're not perfect angels. We're complaining that they rape helpless children.

There is a little bit of a difference.

Nice minimization though. "Oh, okay, so he sodomized a few fifth grade boys, duh, he's not a perfect agel, I mean what we're you people expecting, perfection? Eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll snort" is how this comes off. Nice.

Gotta wonder, if it were the minimizer's little child, how "big deal, so the man is not an angel" s/he would be about it.

When *your* little son comes home forever changed with years of therapy ahead of him and constant nightmares of being held down by a grown man while he cried because it hurt, will you laugh good naturally and still tell all of us here that heck, nobody's a perfect angel?

Some of the responses to child rape and sodomy here lately are shocking.

Last edited by JerZ; 04-28-2016 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: Autocorrect mistake

Old 04-28-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, were not complaining that they're not perfect angels. We're complaining that they rape helpless children.
And I'm saying that you guys love to sling mud and accuse Christianity as being bad when some yahoo that claims to be a part of it does evil, despite the fact that Christianity teaches none of it.

He showed by his actions that he wasn't a Christian.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
And I'm saying that you guys love to sling mud and accuse Christianity as being bad when some yahoo that claims to be a part of it does evil, despite the fact that Christianity teaches none of it.

Love to?

No, what we'd love is that it never happened. And we'll never accomplish that or even come close if there are "protected" factions.

What I'd "love" would be if no little child were ever raped again. That's a tall order and obviously not only the religious rape children (duh) but those in a position of authority (in this case, religious authority) who have children in their care not only have easy access to their sick desires, but tend to receive a cloak of protection afterward. That MUST stop or such positions of both access and protection will ALWAYS draw pedos, full stop.

As for the tired old "oh, that guy wasn't REALLY a Christian," yeah, great...closing the barn door after the horse got out. So...that really doesn't help at all. All it does is make other "Christians" feel better about themselves...great...it really doesn't help those kids, now does it?

Old 04-28-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Love to?
Yah. I think so. I detect a certain amount of glee from certain posters on this board every time they post a story like this.
Quote:
No, what we'd love is that it never happened. And we'll never accomplish that or even come close if there are "protected" factions.

What I'd "love" would be if no little child were ever raped again. That's a tall order and obviously not only the religious rape children (duh) but those in a position of authority (in this case, religious authority) who have children in their care not only have easy access to their sick desires, but tend to receive a cloak of protection afterward. That MUST stop or such positions of both access and protection will ALWAYS draw pedos, full stop.
We absolutely agree. No Christian is FOR that kind of stuff. But you need to realize that some knucklehead claiming to be a Christian while doing stuff like this does not mean that Christianity teaches it.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Yah. I think so. I detect a certain amount of glee from certain posters on this board every time they post a story like this.

We absolutely agree. No Christian is FOR that kind of stuff. But you need to realize that some knucklehead claiming to be a Christian while doing stuff like this does not mean that Christianity teaches it.
If you detect glee that's on you. I think you may be projecting. Something to think about.

I don't think every Christian is like this man or that pedophilia is what Christianity teaches, so don't be silly. I mean really.

YOU should perhaps make.it less personal and all about "the important thing here is to protect Christianity (basically)" - because no, the important thing is to stop allowing religion to be a cloak that protects child rapists. It's not all about you, Viz.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:32 AM

1,166 posts, read 754,663 times
Quote:

Maybe you will learn some empathy for the crap that Muslims have been dealing with for years, a lot of it done by the same Christians protesting in this thread.

Is it really that hard to admit that some Christians are scumbags and pedophiles, why invoke the retroactive "not a Christian" excuses while simultaneously downplaying the pure evil of sexually molesting children.

This "circle the wagons" around the cross mentality that some Christians display is sickening.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
If you detect glee that's on you. I think you may be projecting. Something to think about.
I'm not the one posting 2-3 posts a day to attack the deity that I claim I don't believe in.
Quote:
I don't think every Christian is like this man or that pedophilia is what Christianity teaches, so don't be silly. I mean really.
Perhaps you don't.
Quote:
YOU should perhaps make.it less personal and all about "the important thing here is to protect Christianity (basically)" - because no, the important thing is to stop allowing religion to be a cloak that protects child rapists. It's not all about you, Viz.
Or...wait...maybe you do.

Christianity is not trying to protect any rapist. This rapist is trying to claim Christianity. Christianity does not claim him. There is a difference.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:38 AM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm willing to bet that there are even more cases of school teachers out there having sex with students. So with your reasoning, I guess that means we should trash all school teachers or do away with them.
I think the argument is clearly to speak out in favor of victims and against victimizers. I typically see that being done with school teachers who have sex with students. I often see the opposite with people who have presented themselves as allies of god -- I see the victims ignored or even blamed, and the perpetrators excused and justified, either outright, or as Not Really One Of Us and therefore we're not responsible to bear any responsibility or shame for it.

Now that I have clarified the actual point you will, I trust, not find it necessary to assert your alternate narrative that we are arguing that all pastors or Christian leaders should be "done away with" while having a double standard about school teachers. I certainly would be entirely happy if you would acknowledge that Hastert harmed victims and that you would not try to provide him with public absolution that would surely not be given to a school teacher.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Maybe you will learn some empathy for the crap that Muslims have been dealing with for years, a lot of it done by the same Christians protesting in this thread.
This is an interesting parallel. I'd never have thought of it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality