Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 11:11 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Suicide has increased
Please cite this. Since when has it increased, is this worldwide, USA wide or a region of States in the USA.

Quote:
and the spread of dangerous diseases like HIV as a result of your "evolution".
Not sure what you are trying to state about evolution and the spread of HIV. Please expand on this thought.

Quote:
BTW, the notion that all people are equal is straight out of the Bible.
Where in the Bible does the concept of all people being equal exist. There are multiple examples of exactly the opposite, seeing that the Jews were more equal than others, seeing that slavery was regulated and condoned, even by Jesus, and women are property. Please be specific.

Quote:
Christians played a significant role in abolishing slavery and civil rights.
Christians were on both sides of the issue, and arguably those christians who were on the side of slavery were more vehement.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:52 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Denying people a good or service should not be a violation of their rights or freedom. It is the business owners right and freedom to deny doing business with anyone they want. It is also the customers right and freedom to go out and tell people that the business owner wouldn't do business with them because they are X, Y, and Z. If enough humans decide not to do business with the business owner, then that person would either have to change how they operate, or fade from existence.

The issue I have is that people want the government to force bigots to do business with everyone. All this does is result in society blindly supporting a bigot. I guess I am an odd duck in the fact that I would like to know that the guy I am purchasing a cake from is a flaming pile of S.
My grandfather in Louisiana felt exactly as you do but about black people. If we followed your moral ideas, we would still have water fountains dedicated to the "colored." I know, I used to see them. So I guess it's okay as long as the minority group is much smaller?

Old 05-13-2016, 04:50 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
My grandfather in Louisiana felt exactly as you do but about black people. If we followed your moral ideas, we would still have water fountains dedicated to the "colored." I know, I used to see them. So I guess it's okay as long as the minority group is much smaller?
I like to think that human morals evolve over time. Also, you must remember that government created segregation, not the free market.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:06 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Your own thread showed that suicide is around the same rate as when prayer was banned in schools. Christians played a big part in abolishing slavery but also a big part in maintaining it as at that time just about everyone was a Christian. It was also Christians who opposed the Civil Rights movement. When both sides are Christians you cannot take the credit without the blame.
This is simply false. My data clearly showed a significant increase in suicide especially over the last 10 years. One has to be blind and extremely biased to refuse to admit that the scale is going up and up and up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

Have no idea how you can blame the spread of HIV on evolution. If you are calming it is a gay disease that has nothing to do with evolution.
You now full well I was not blaming HIV on evolution. The blame falls on the homosexual community for their lifestyle of risky sexual behavior and extreme promiscuity. You can deny the facts all you want, but you are denying reality. Homosexual behavior causes widespread STDS and increased social problems.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:33 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
This is simply false. My data clearly showed a significant increase in suicide especially over the last 10 years. One has to be blind and extremely biased to refuse to admit that the scale is going up and up and up.
Let's suppose this were true, how would one ascertain the cause of the trend? It is quite possible that there is some other cause of the increase in suicide rate.

When I was at school, morning prayers were held daily yet two of my class mates committed suicide. Having being there I can safely say that prayer had nothing to do with it. Prayer most certainly did not prevent it. Neither did prayer cause it.

Quote:
You know full well I was not blaming HIV on evolution. The blame falls on the homosexual community for their lifestyle of risky sexual behavior and extreme promiscuity. You can deny the facts all you want, but you are denying reality. Homosexual behavior causes widespread STDS and increased social problems.
You say "denying the facts and reality" but what is the proof (or evidence)? What you are claiming here is exactly what the rumors were in the early days of the epidemic but are they true? Can they be substantiated?

In Africa where I come from, there can be no doubt that AIDS is a purely heterosexual epidemic. Likewise with all STD'S. Promiscuity is a way of life there.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:42 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,040 times
Quote:
I can make the same argument for the gay baker. They do sell cakes. They refused to sell same product to a Christian because they were uncomfortable doing so.
You might have a point, if only you could find a case where the latter actually happened.

And I'm still waiting for any Christian business using this excuse for any other sinner other than gay customers. Weird you can't find a single example of that. Seems like there's a lot of stuff you claim which doesn't actually happen.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:47 AM

Quote:
How is a gun used for hunting vs murder any different?
How is it any different than a wedding cake? Seriously, how bad must the other arguments against a baker selling people a cake be if this is what you've ended up with.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyl3r View Post
No, you have to consider the additional regulations on businesses that the government would have to enforce if this went through.
I have nothing against the general LGBT community, and would serve them in my own business; but the punishment for not serving them should come from the customers and lack thereof, not from the government.
Why? We have good examples of your approach failing miserably. Why would this time be any different?

Old 05-14-2016, 06:43 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:

You now full well I was not blaming HIV on evolution. The blame falls on the homosexual community for their lifestyle of risky sexual behavior and extreme promiscuity. You can deny the facts all you want, but you are denying reality. Homosexual behavior causes widespread STDS and increased social problems.
Jeff, do you realize that it is not homosexual sex that spreads AIDS in most parts of the world?

Old 05-14-2016, 09:16 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Jeff, do you realize that it is not homosexual sex that spreads AIDS in most parts of the world?
And your point is? I guess you somehow think if you can find any other cause for HIV then that suddenly null and voids homosexuality as a MAJOR cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.