Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 07:25 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Let's try this again.

37 million total HUMANS are living with HIV/AIDS

20 million of these HUMANS are women and children.

17 million of these HUMANS are male. (You need to do that math, Jeff)

Even if all those male HUMANS were homosexuals, that still doesn't make it a homosexual issue, Jeff. And do you honestly believe all those HUMAN males are gay? Really? Be honest Jeff.

Do you need me to post the chart again? Do you for some reason think WHO is wrong? Which is it Jeff? What makes you right and WHO wrong.
Ok so you think homosexuals have NOTHING to do with the HIV rate. Absolutely nothing. Wow, talk about denying facts, but I knew you would especially since you have no problem making up lies about someone.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:38 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,581,667 times
This is a non issue. What these leftists groups do is go around to a hundred different shops, then make a big deal about the one shop that won't bake the cake. I agree, citing religion is bull****. If I don't want to make you a cake because I don't like gay people, then I don't have to.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:48 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Ok so you think homosexuals have NOTHING to do with the HIV rate. Absolutely nothing. Wow, talk about denying facts, but I knew you would especially since you have no problem making up lies about someone.
Where does Cupper state that gays had nothing to do with the HIV rate?

Old 05-14-2016, 07:54 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
This is a non issue. What these leftists groups do is go around to a hundred different shops, then make a big deal about the one shop that won't bake the cake. I agree, citing religion is bull****. If I don't want to make you a cake because I don't like gay people, then I don't have to.

In the more famous cases the gays or lesbians either went to a shop they previously bought from or a shoo that someone in their family has done business with.

Perhaps you have documentation that these people went to numerous bakeries until they found one that would not severe them and if you do please link to that evidence. Do you also have evidence that they are left wing people? In many places refusing to serve gays because you don't like gays is as legal as not serving blacks because you don't like blacks, in other words not legal.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Where does Cupper state that gays had nothing to do with the HIV rate?
No surprise that you would defend someone who makes disgusting lies about me. You can't have it both ways. If that's not his position then he must agree with me that homosexuality is a big problem with HIV.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
No surprise that you would defend someone who makes disgusting lies about me. You can't have it both ways. If that's not his position then he must agree with me that homosexuality is a big problem with HIV.
Your "arguments" are increasingly infantile.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your "arguments" are increasingly infantile.
Your cesspool mockery barbs were already at "infantile" stage a long time ago.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:21 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Wrong. If you sell cakes, you cannot discriminate in most jurisdictions. And what does a political perspective have to do with this issue? Some of us are politically conservative, but also humanists. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:24 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Jeff, why do you jump to conclusions? Why do you look at a very simple, very clear chart, and see only what you want to see?

More than half of the HIV/AIDS case are women and children. The remainder are not all homosexuals. Do you doubt that? It is NOT a homosexual issue, it is a HUMAN issue. Being homosexual is one of the high risk cohorts, but that does not make it a homosexual issue.

I'm not sure why you can't see that.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:17 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
I like to think that human morals evolve over time. Also, you must remember that government created segregation, not the free market.
I agree most morality grows over time--except in some cases such as jeff demonstrates.

On the other hand government may have had the laws made--but slavery was an economic issue 100%. Capitalists desired to make money paying the least amount for "workers" that they could.

Works the same way today. So we have a minimum wage unchanged with the impact of inflation:

Quote:
Since 1984, the purchasing power of the federal minimum wage has decreased. Measured in real terms (adjusted for inflation) using 1984 dollars, the real minimum wage was $3.35 in 1984, $2.90 in 1995, $2.74 in 2005, and $3.23 in 2013. If the minimum wage had been raised to $10.00 in 2013, that would have equated to $4.46 in 1984 dollar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimu..._United_States

And who are some of the biggest opponents of decent wages? Why those same people that want the right to discriminate by refusing to sell to people with a different sexual proclivity!! Their political arm controls how they think about the economy AND morality--not the other way around.

I can't stand Trump, but give him credit for not swallowing the social garbage that is the main product of fundamentalist christians.

So I don't have any compassion at all for businesses who have spent the last three decades dumping retirement programs after underfunding them and cheating their employees, systematically disobeying federal and some state laws because they know when caught the fine will be less than the blazillions they made by cheating the American people, shoving more and more of the health care costs onto employees, and raising real wages only for the top staff in their god-forsaken companies.

Yes, I know how it works. I spent 30 years in the insurance industry doing everything from underwriting to ratemaking to compliance. I left at the end of that time because for the last six or seven years insurance companies routinely were putting out programs and policies that violated state laws. And they wanted me to say it was okay. My last full year I made about 100K, but left the industry to work as a $10.50 an hour medical records clerk because my conscience wouldn't let me listen to the crap senior executives were trying to spin--and I knew it was but a matter of time before I was "dismissed" for some cause or another.

So I'm quite happy to see SCOTUS and, in this case, my own Colorado Supreme Court, rule against the hate-mongers of America. No one is hurt by selling a cake to a gay person.

And worse, the hypocrites like jeffbase40 will openly say that their "morality" doesn't apply to physicians or nurses or public transportation workers and on and on with their "exceptions" to the rules they want in place. Apparently morality is pure only in certain professions (like "luxuries" according to jeffie).

How mean spirited!! What bull!! Leave it to someone who has a religion without morals to come up with exceptions for social morality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.