Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 08:16 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
My closed mind? Jeff, you do realize that your mind is shut off more than anyone else's on this forum, right? Your mind could not be any less open. To even suggest that about anyone else, whether true or not, is just plain funny, man!
Give me a valid point and I'll accept it. You never do.

Quote:

At any rate, my mind is open. This is the reason I have been asking you for proof of where a Christian was turned away for being Christian. You can't seem to bring me any though, so that is all the proof I need that you don't know what you are rambling about, as per usual, you are simply parroting talking points.
Which only shows that you are close minded. All you are doing here is running from having to look at the situation objectively by proposing a trap question.

Quote:

And yes, I do dislike Texas, immensely. Austin is okay, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio have redeeming qualities, but overall, the state is a hellhole for anyone not religious (Christian) or Republican. It is a state where you can legally screw animals, and discriminate against those you don't like.... So yea, you don't have to worry about me moving there, Jeff. I have morals.

Well perhaps you would be more comfortable in places like CA where they have gay pride events featuring some of the most public displays of nudity and sick perversion. In my state, public indecency gets you arrested, but anything goes there. I'm sure beastality with eventually be legal everywhere since the path of perversion only gets worse. After all, you don't want to discriminate against animal love, right? All forms of discrimination are wrong, right?

Quote:

So those Muslims should be able to use Sharia law within their communities?
I never said that.

Quote:

The fact that you can't tell the difference shows how naïve you are about the realities of life. Please, explain to me how a gay couple uses a cake differently than a straight couple. I will await your answer. I hope it isn't as dumb as the above though.

A straight couple uses a wedding cake to celebrate a God approved and created institution. A gay couple uses a wedding cake to celebrate a perversion of that ceremony.

Quote:

Oh, so you don't know of any, yet you consistently claim Christians are being turned away by gay bakers... Why the dishonesty Jeff? Are you lying for Jesus? Would he approve of your dishonesty?
You might want to get your facts straight before accusing me of being a liar.

Quote:

Jack told the civil rights agency the bakery treated him unequally and denied him goods or services based on his religious creed, Christianity. He said he found this "demeaning to his beliefs."

Silva denied that she discriminated against Jack, saying she refused to make the requested cakes solely because the writing and imagery were "hateful and offensive."
Denver's Azucar Bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cake - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Quote:

Point is, which I notice you still can't seem to wrap your little head around, is that the Christians that have been turned away were asking for something the baker does not do. That was not the case with the gay couples.

No the point is that it's perfectly fine for a gay baker to turn away a customer because they found it offensive, but your side doesn't give a rip if Christians find serving a gay wedding to be offensive. It's still a cake. SAME product.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:57 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Give me a valid point and I'll accept it. You never do.
Oh, I do, you just use your FundaShield to ignore them.

Quote:
Which only shows that you are close minded. All you are doing here is running from having to look at the situation objectively by proposing a trap question.
How is it a trap question, Jeffery? Either there is such a thing going on, or there isn't. There is no trap question here.

Quote:
Well perhaps you would be more comfortable in places like CA where they have gay pride events featuring some of the most public displays of nudity and sick perversion. In my state, public indecency gets you arrested, but anything goes there. I'm sure beastality with eventually be legal everywhere since the path of perversion only gets worse. After all, you don't want to discriminate against animal love, right? All forms of discrimination are wrong, right?
Nah, I don't think I could live out west..... The northeast and mid-Atlantic is where I will be headed pretty soon. It is sad that you think allowing gay people to get married is going to lead to bestiality being legal....

Folks, this is really how fundamentalists think. Believe it or not, there are people who actually believe that gay people being allowed to get married will lead to legal bestiality.... It is sad that so many people are so misled.

Quote:
I never said that.
But Jeff, you said that, "Nope, I don't think anyone should be forced to violated their religious beliefs. Including Muslims."

If they believe that this is their religious belief, who are you to tell them they can't? Are you going all hypocritical on me again?

Quote:
A straight couple uses a wedding cake to celebrate a God approved and created institution. A gay couple uses a wedding cake to celebrate a perversion of that ceremony.
Well, that is news to all of us straight, non religious folks. I guess you would refuse to sell to us as well, since we aren't using it to celebrate God?

You seem to be mistaking, as you so often do, the difference between a religious ceremony, and marriage. The two are not mutually exclusive. One can get married without it being religious. One can also have a religious ceremony without it being a state recognized marriage. (Look at the polygamists) You do know this, right Jeff? Or are you now advocating that us non believing straight people should be denied cakes and marriage as well?

Quote:
You might want to get your facts straight before accusing me of being a liar.

Denver's Azucar Bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cake - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

No the point is that it's perfectly fine for a gay baker to turn away a customer because they found it offensive, but your side doesn't give a rip if Christians find serving a gay wedding to be offensive. It's still a cake. SAME product.
You still don't understand this very simple, basic thing, do you Jeff? I suggest you actually read the articles that you post from, as this one very clearly shows that the guy was not discriminated against based off of his religion. See below for all the parts of the article that make my case for me, and show that you still have not brought a case to our attention... Oh, and FYI, the baker was not gay.

From your article, the bakery was, "refusing to make two cakes with anti-gay messages and imagery that he requested last year."

Also, the baker said this: "Marjorie Silva, the owner of the bakery, told Jack that she would make him the bible-shaped cakes, but would not decorate them with the biblical verses and the image of the groomsmen that he requested. Instead, she offered to provide him with icing and a pastry bag so he could write or draw whatever messages he wished on the cakes."

And: "Silva denied that she discriminated against Jack, saying she refused to make the requested cakes solely because the writing and imagery were "hateful and offensive."

"The agency's decision found that the baker did not discriminate against Jack based on his creed. Instead, officials state the evidence shows Silva refused to make the cakes because the customer's requests included "derogatory language and imagery."

"The baker said "in the same manner [she] would not accept [an order from] anyone wanting to make a discriminatory cake against Christians, [she] will not make one that discriminates against gays," according to the decision."

"The evidence demonstrates that [Silva] would deny such requests to any customer, regardless of creed," the civil rights agency's decision stated."

"The decision noted that Silva is Catholic and her six employees include three Catholics and three who are "non-Catholic Christian. It also stated that Azucar Bakery's website states that it makes cakes "for every season of the year," including the Christian holidays of Christmas and Easter. Photographs on the website include cakes decorated with Christian symbols and writing, including cakes with cross decorations and the words "God Bless." One cake was decorated with "Mi Bautizo," Spanish for "my baptism."

Old 05-16-2016, 11:25 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
A straight couple uses a wedding cake to celebrate a God approved and created institution. A gay couple uses a wedding cake to celebrate a perversion of that ceremony.....
You know what is god approved in the bible:

Old 05-16-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You know what is god approved in the bible:

Allowing and approving are two different things. Such ignorance about God's Word.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:50 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Allowing and approving are two different things. Such ignorance about God's Word.
So your god did not approve of stoning to death a wife who was not a virgin? He just allows that then, is that what you are saying?

Old 05-16-2016, 11:58 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
So your god did not approve of stoning to death a wife who was not a virgin? He just allows that then, is that what you are saying?

If you can do things that God does not approve but allows that means that you can ????

Things God allows but does not approve
Things God approves of
Things God does not allow and does not approve (if he does not allow how does it happen)

Wasn't the example you used one that is stated as a law?

I will admit that I am ignorant how it can be when God gives rules for what he does not approve of but does allow and how can you tell the difference from what he approves of and allows.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
My God established punishment so severe in the Mosaic law that man would be terrified to commit such sins. Because man is so corrupt and sinful this was the only way to keep them from falling into sin and perversion.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:54 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
My God established punishment so severe in the Mosaic law that man would be terrified to commit such sins. Because man is so corrupt and sinful this was the only way to keep them from falling into sin and perversion.
Made in our image

Old 05-16-2016, 01:16 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
No surprise, you comment on things like this, yet ignore the post where I show how dishonest you are....

Old 05-16-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
No surprise, you comment on things like this, yet ignore the post where I show how dishonest you are....
That's either being immature or impatient. Maybe both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality