Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 09:37 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'll take dog morality over atheist morality any day. Dogs don't judge or ask that you earn their respect first before they treat you nice.

Well that would be silly. Selfish or unselfish, the end result is the same. Again, I never said atheists are incapable of doing good deeds. Their motivation is just self serving. You can't tell me that you are doing things out of the goodness of your heart when you don't even believe in the conceptual idea of a heart. We are only flesh and bone in your world.

And exactly what determines that it is the right thing to do? That chemical reaction in your brain?
You are the one that claimed that animals have no morality because they eat there young. I sure do not need a lecture about the heart from a person with so much hate in theirs. I do things out put of the goodness of my heart and if that is beyond your ability to understand I pity you. Have a good night sleep, maybe your god will some day give you the gifts of love, understanding and decency as you do not show any of it here and what you get back from us is what you have worked so hard for so do not complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 06:51 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You are the one that claimed that animals have no morality because they eat there young. I sure do not need a lecture about the heart from a person with so much hate in theirs. I do things out put of the goodness of my heart and if that is beyond your ability to understand I pity you. Have a good night sleep, maybe your god will some day give you the gifts of love, understanding and decency as you do not show any of it here and what you get back from us is what you have worked so hard for so do not complain.
I'll make an exception for dogs because I think dogs are a special gift from God to serve as faithful companion and a source of comfort in a dark sinful world. Thank you Lord for creating dogs. There is a special connection between dogs and humans. I've seen it firsthand in work with hospice care and dog therapy.

You don't know me so to sit there and judge me as a person full of hate is blatant dishonesty. You see, I don't judge people based only on the evidence of comments made on a discussion forum. If I did that, I would say that you have no goodness in your heart because you are consistently rude and unpleasant to talk to on here. But maybe you are a nice caring person out there in the real world..

Old 05-05-2016, 07:02 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times
Quote:
I'll take dog morality over atheist morality any day. Dogs don't judge or ask that you earn their respect first before they treat you nice.

Well that would be silly. Selfish or unselfish, the end result is the same. Again, I never said atheists are incapable of doing good deeds. Their motivation is just self serving. You can't tell me that you are doing things out of the goodness of your heart when you don't even believe in the conceptual idea of a heart. We are only flesh and bone in your world.

And exactly what determines that it is the right thing to do? That chemical reaction in your brain?
And so is your Jeff. You do things because you think it will help you get in good with your boy, God. That isn't out of the goodness of your heart. It is self serving. I won't bother pointing out just how stupid your post is, but I will say this....

You are a hypocrite, and dishonest. You do things purely for what you think will happen to you if you are a good boy. Non believers do so because it is the right thing. These are 2 very different things....

1) You do it for selfish reasons. You do it because you think it is what your God wants, and what you need to do to get into Heaven. This is self serving, period. End of story. You can word it however you want, but if you do things to please God, you are doing so for selfish reasons.

2)Non believers do it because it is the right thing to do. They do so, not because of some divine reward when they die, but because it is right. These people are not doing it for selfish reasons.

3) There will always be people, religious or not, who do things for selfish reasons, but to say ALL atheists or non believers do so, just proves you lack a room temp IQ. You surely aren't saying that, right?

Old 05-05-2016, 07:08 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:

You don't know me so to sit there and judge me as a person full of hate is blatant dishonesty. You see, I don't judge people based only on the evidence of comments made on a discussion forum. If I did that, I would say that you have no goodness in your heart because you are consistently rude and unpleasant to talk to on here. But maybe you are a nice caring person out there in the real world..
Jeff, you have stated many times that you have never met an atheist in real life, yet you judge all atheists based upon the comments you read here.

How is that different from others judging you based upon what you write here?

Old 05-05-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I'll make an exception for dogs because I think dogs are a special gift from God to serve as faithful companion and a source of comfort in a dark sinful world. Thank you Lord for creating dogs. There is a special connection between dogs and humans. I've seen it firsthand in work with hospice care and dog therapy.

But you are able to judge me and every other atheists and KNOW that we are can do good only for selfish reasons? I try very hard to be polite and as respectful as I can towards your rude and demeaning posts. An honest question for your Jeff: When you tell atheists that they can do good things but it must be selfish reasons whereas you do good for pure unselfishness, how do you expect a response? Do you think that your comments are not rude or unpleasant or not insulting.

So you can state as facts that all atheists are mean spirited and hate Christians, that we can only do good for selfish reasons, that we are trying to destroy Christianity and make it illegal, that we can not know love, cannot be moral and cannot value or lives or anyone else's and that is not being judgmental and hat we are supposed to accept that you are correct and that we do not even know ourselves that we need you to tell us what we think or believe?

Even when I or Shirina or anyone else has posted very compassionate thought out posts to you explaining why you end up being attacked for your posts your responses has always been to find some part of the post to twist about and then attack the poster. I see no evidence that you wish for anything other than a belligerent exchange of posts based on the threads you start, the way you respond to other posts and the manner in which you attack all responses to your posts.

You do judge a whole group of people not based on their words or actions but simply because they do not believe what you think people should believe. As a side not the domestication of wolves into dogs is a very interesting topic but as you have closed your mind to early human achievements and to the wonder of the natural world you might not be the least bit interested in it. Dogs might be the reason that Homo sapiens survived as a species.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
The real question is would you have still done all those things if your neighbor was mean and a total prick to you? I believe atheists are certainly capable of doing nice things, but deep down, there is a self serving motive involved.

See Jeff this is second response to the OP the and you immediately changed the direction of the thread to one that you JUDGED that atheists do things deep down for a self serving motive. I for the life of me cannot figure how you do not see your post as both judgmental and as insulting. You judged an entire group of people, including the good works of the OP.

When I donate to the Red Cross this week for the victims of the forest fire in Fort McMurray I will be doing so for the exact same reasons that my Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish or Pagan neighbours do regardless of your claims to the contrary. You should not the judge of what a Christian is or why an atheists does what he does. You are simply being judgemental in your proclamations that you know more about us then we do ourselves.

This whole bit of attacking your post was brought on by you posting an insulting and judgmental post.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
See Jeff this is second response to the OP the and you immediately changed the direction of the thread to one that you JUDGED that atheists do things deep down for a self serving motive. I for the life of me cannot figure how you do not see your post as both judgmental and as insulting. You judged an entire group of people, including the good works of the OP.

Well, isn't that quite hypocritical since your side constantly makes offensive hate spewed posts judging fundamental Christians as a whole. Why you even have a term for us. "Fundies". Do I use a derogatory term for atheists? No. I call it as a I see, and so far, every single atheist I've encountered as been negative in tone, yourself included. I even tried a friendly exchange with a member here, and what does he do? He calls me a butt muncher. Typical. Now if I started meeting friendly good natured atheists, I would gladly change my position.

Quote:

When I donate to the Red Cross this week for the victims of the forest fire in Fort McMurray I will be doing so for the exact same reasons that my Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish or Pagan neighbours do regardless of your claims to the contrary. You should not the judge of what a Christian is or why an atheists does what he does. You are simply being judgemental in your proclamations that you know more about us then we do ourselves.
There you go personalizing the conversation. My position is only talking about the nature of sinful man. If you take personal offense to that reality, I'm sorry but that's your problem. I never called you out by name and said you were a bad hateful person. But guess what, you did that to me.

All I see here is grand standing and pedestal posturing because you think atheists are so much better than God's people.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
And so is your Jeff. You do things because you think it will help you get in good with your boy, God. That isn't out of the goodness of your heart. It is self serving. I won't bother pointing out just how stupid your post is, but I will say this....

You are a hypocrite, and dishonest. You do things purely for what you think will happen to you if you are a good boy. Non believers do so because it is the right thing. These are 2 very different things....

1) You do it for selfish reasons. You do it because you think it is what your God wants, and what you need to do to get into Heaven. This is self serving, period. End of story. You can word it however you want, but if you do things to please God, you are doing so for selfish reasons.

2)Non believers do it because it is the right thing to do. They do so, not because of some divine reward when they die, but because it is right. These people are not doing it for selfish reasons.

3) There will always be people, religious or not, who do things for selfish reasons, but to say ALL atheists or non believers do so, just proves you lack a room temp IQ. You surely aren't saying that, right?

I'm not even going to waste my time with your "brownie points" argument here. I'll point out again that you promised to refrain from insults and yet here you are directly calling me a liar, hypocrite and a dumb person. You are the one who is ignorant about what it means to be born again. You don't get to rail against me being judgmental when you are doing the exact same thing in direct offensive manner here. That's being a hypocrite. Oh but atheists are such good people, huh??

Old 05-05-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Well, isn't that quite hypocritical since your side constantly makes offensive hate spewed posts judging fundamental Christians as a whole. Why you even have a term for us. "Fundies". Do I use a derogatory term for atheists? No. I call it as a I see, and so far, every single atheist I've encountered as been negative in tone, yourself included. I even tried a friendly exchange with a member here, and what does he do? He calls me a butt muncher. Typical. Now if I started meeting friendly good natured atheists, I would gladly change my position.

There you go personalizing the conversation. My position is only talking about the nature of sinful man. If you take personal offense to that reality, I'm sorry but that's your problem. I never called you out by name and said you were a bad hateful person. But guess what, you did that to me.

All I see here is grand standing and pedestal posturing because you think atheists are so much better than God's people.

I do personalize it because it is YOU that makes these declarations such as atheists are only selfish, that we have no morals that we cannot value our own lives or that of our family, that we have nothing to live for. It is not Christians and I keep repeating that, when you make a declaration about us it is only you that should be answerable for your comments.

And I have never called you a fundie as I think that is rude. You might not even have noticed but I have changed from labelling you a fundamentalist to a Bible Believer as that is the term that you use yourself. I doubt that you even noticed that because you have a preconceived view that all atheists are your enemies. If that is not true that is how it comes out in your posts, even using the terms our side and your side.

But if you wish to believe that you are the nice polite one with the reasoned arguments and we are all out to get you with rudeness and lies so be it.

And there have been plenty polite friendly posts directed towards you that you have either ignored or selected to fine something to become outraged about. You do not need to take my word for it but they are there for everyone to see.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:59 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times
Quote:
I'm not even going to waste my time with your "brownie points" argument here. I'll point out again that you promised to refrain from insults and yet here you are directly calling me a liar, hypocrite and a dumb person. You are the one who is ignorant about what it means to be born again. You don't get to rail against me being judgmental when you are doing the exact same thing in direct offensive manner here. That's being a hypocrite. Oh but atheists are such good people, huh??
You won't waste your time because it would be in vain. I am right.

The religious do things because they think it will help them get to where they want to go, hence, it is a selfish, self serving thing. Non believers do no such thing.

It isn't an insult if it is true, Jeffery. You are a dishonest poster, and you are a hypocrite. You prove it in every post you make. As far as dumb, I said,

"There will always be people, religious or not, who do things for selfish reasons, but to say ALL atheists or non believers do so, just proves you lack a room temp IQ. You surely aren't saying that, right?"

I asked a question. Are you saying ALL atheists are incapable of doing good without a self serving reason? If so, then you are indeed, an idiot. If not, then great! We are in agreement!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality