Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:34 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Stereotyping which you are doing here is the first sign of bigotry. Well done.
Jeff, he is basing his conclusions on your words. That isn't judging on the basis of a stereotype, which would be wrong. Instead Trout is coming to a conclusion based upon actual attitudes that you have demonstrated that you hold. That is a very valid reason for coming to a conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 02:05 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Jeff, he is basing his conclusions on your words. That isn't judging on the basis of a stereotype, which would be wrong. Instead Trout is coming to a conclusion based upon actual attitudes that you have demonstrated that you hold. That is a very valid reason for coming to a conclusion.
And being quite judgmental in the process. Troutdude has been extremely offensive on more than one occasion. And guess what, your side NEVER criticizes him. Then again, I rarely see any atheist criticize another as long as you are both enjoying running down Christians.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:15 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
It's funny how atheists here have posted thread after thread for years running down Christians and our beliefs, but if we dare bring up one point of criticism against atheists, your side goes ballistic.
Quote:
And being quite judgmental in the process. Troutdude has been extremely offensive on more than one occasion. And guess what, your side NEVER criticizes him. Then again, I rarely see any atheist criticize another as long as you are both enjoying running down Christians.
Ye gods child! Don't you EVER tire of your constant whining and grizzling?? Just how old are you...because you give the impression that you are, at best, a pathetic 'emo' teenager.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So what respect do you expect from a group of people that according to you put no value on their lives or those of their love ones, are all liars and are always mean to Christians and are almost in capable of doing good things for any reason other than selfishness, have no morals and are always wrong because they disagree with you? We are not sub humans no matter how much you try to portray us as being of lower levels of thought compared to yourself. You show zero respect, heck not only do you show no respect but nothing but distain for all the atheists in the world.
Sad that you are blind to ugliness on your side. I bet in your mind, you think you have always been polite and nice to me, and no one here has never been insulting or offensive to Christians. Am I right? I can pull up any thread, and almost always, the conversation quickly de-evolves into an attack against me personally. Look you are doing it right here again. I only want to present my opinion on topics. You want to make it personal. Sorry but I have no respect for cheap dirty tactics like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

We treat many of your comments like the garbage they are such as claiming we are trying to outlaw Christianity or that we want to force you to have SSM in your church. Perhaps you should show us how to respect other Christians, you know the ones who follow Jesus but do not worship the Bible. And as far as respect once again you managed to misrepresent us. I certainly do not see unconditional love from you to non Bible Believing Christians, in fact you attack them worse than you do atheist.
Of course you do because I can't recall a single time where I heard this in a debate with any Christian from an atheist "Hey Christian person, you know, you made a really good point there!". You make it a point to oppose me on every fricking sentence I write probably because you don't like the truth of my points. If you truly thought I was stupid and intellectually ignorant as your side keeps stating, you wouldn't waste your time trying to reason with me.

No surprise that you give high praise to the "Christians" here who are almost indistinguishable from the atheists in their attacks on my faith.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ye gods child! Don't you EVER tire of your constant whining and grizzling?? Just how old are you...because you give the impression that you are, at best, a pathetic 'emo' teenager.
Feel free to hit the ignore button. Or would you like to complain more about how you just can't stand my posts that no one is forcing you to read? Kinda reminds me of Howard Stern remarking once that it puzzled him that people complained about how vulgar his show was yet they remained dedicated listeners. If you hate the show, why do you listen to it?

Old 05-04-2016, 02:38 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
The real question is would you have still done all those things if your neighbor was mean and a total prick to you? I believe atheists are certainly capable of doing nice things, but deep down, there is a self serving motive involved.
Whereas you wear your own motive on your sleeve.... the wish to gain favor with your god. As such there is literally nothing selfless about what you ever do, it is all serving towards one main self serving motivation.

Whereas when I do something "good" I do it for it's own sake. Sometimes there may ALSO be a self serving motive involved, and there is nothing wrong with that, but often it is solely for the sake of the good of the act in and of itself. Nothing else.

So if you want to have a pissing contest about who has the better moral foundation, you have not started well at all.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:39 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Stereotyping which you are doing here is the first sign of bigotry. Well done.
And you aren't stereotyping when you judge an entire group (atheists) based on your preconceived notions?

Old 05-04-2016, 06:55 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Feel free to hit the ignore button.
Not a chance lad. I'm here to pull you up on your baseless assertions of 'truth'. What jacks everyone off is your constant whining, boohoo, stop persecuting me, poor me grizzling. You're like a bloody child in the school yard, crying because nobody wants to play with him. For goodness sake.... MAN-UP!

Old 05-04-2016, 07:05 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
Feel free to hit the ignore button. Or would you like to complain more about how you just can't stand my posts that no one is forcing you to read? Kinda reminds me of Howard Stern remarking once that it puzzled him that people complained about how vulgar his show was yet they remained dedicated listeners. If you hate the show, why do you listen to it?
My personal motivation is the fact that you are the best possible PR for atheism. People who read these threads can see a dozen different atheists presenting solid evidence, carefully thought out positions, and despite your assertions, mostly polite conversation.

The Christian in the room ignores posts, displays hate against entire groups, is impervious to logic and reason, and generally makes a very poor showing for his opinions.

You are absolutely gold Jeff. I am tempted to ask you never to change, except that I think you might be happier if you did.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:10 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
The real question is would you have still done all those things if your neighbor was mean and a total prick to you? I believe atheists are certainly capable of doing nice things, but deep down, there is a self serving motive involved.
Doing the right thing requires no religious motivation.
IF you're actually a good person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality