Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 07:24 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Doing the right thing requires no religious motivation.
IF you're actually a good person.
Exactly.

I am surrounded by atheists...I never met better people...that would
do anything for a neighbor.
They are often happier than my many Christian friends, also...they sure
tell great jokes!
I never have to counsel them either...my Christian friends buy me lunches
all the time ... turns out they wanted major help, advice and upliftment.
They actually take notes!
Works for ME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 07:33 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sad that you are blind to ugliness on your side. I bet in your mind, you think you have always been polite and nice to me, and no one here has never been insulting or offensive to Christians. Am I right? I can pull up any thread, and almost always, the conversation quickly de-evolves into an attack against me personally. Look you are doing it right here again. I only want to present my opinion on topics. You want to make it personal. Sorry but I have no respect for cheap dirty tactics like that.

Of course you do because I can't recall a single time where I heard this in a debate with any Christian from an atheist "Hey Christian person, you know, you made a really good point there!". You make it a point to oppose me on every fricking sentence I write probably because you don't like the truth of my points. If you truly thought I was stupid and intellectually ignorant as your side keeps stating, you wouldn't waste your time trying to reason with me.

No surprise that you give high praise to the "Christians" here who are almost indistinguishable from the atheists in their attacks on my faith.

You came on to this thread very early and your contribution was to insult all atheists and that was your only contribution. That you feel that because you declare yourself as a Christian you should be able to make all kinds of insults to atheists and that we should accept those insults as truths and simply accept them because you believe in a god. Doesn't work that way.

The fact that you cannot remember when atheists agreed with Christians or compliment them is your problem not ours.

I do not recall you once stating that I or any other atheists made a good point either. You often declare that we refuse to accept the possibly that we are wrong but on something but several times I have stated that I could be wrong and then asked you if it was possible that you could be wrong too and I do not remember a single time that you answered that question.

When I think you have made bad or nasty comments and then I will debate those comments. If you think debating your comments is a cheap dirty trick then I guess you might think that your comments are above reproach. Quit hiding behind being a Christian and start taking responsibility for your own comments.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:37 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You came on to this thread very early and your contribution was to insult all atheists and that was your only contribution. That you feel that because you declare yourself as a Christian you should be able to make all kinds of insults to atheists and that we should accept those insults as truths and simply accept them because you believe in a god. Doesn't work that way.

The fact that you cannot remember when atheists agreed with Christians or compliment them is your problem not ours.

I do not recall you once stating that I or any other atheists made a good point either. You often declare that we refuse to accept the possibly that we are wrong but on something but several times I have stated that I could be wrong and then asked you if it was possible that you could be wrong too and I do not remember a single time that you answered that question.

When I think you have made bad or nasty comments and then I will debate those comments. If you think debating your comments is a cheap dirty trick then I guess you might think that your comments are above reproach. Quit hiding behind being a Christian and start taking responsibility for your own comments.
White noise.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
White noise.

Funny man.

In other words you are above criticism and are always right.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
My personal motivation is the fact that you are the best possible PR for atheism. People who read these threads can see a dozen different atheists presenting solid evidence, carefully thought out positions, and despite your assertions, mostly polite conversation.

The Christian in the room ignores posts, displays hate against entire groups, is impervious to logic and reason, and generally makes a very poor showing for his opinions.

You are absolutely gold Jeff. I am tempted to ask you never to change, except that I think you might be happier if you did.
Well you just pretty much admitted right here that you do have a desire to destroy Christianity. You want to see more ppl lose their faith and convert to atheism. That's a pretty negative agenda in life. Destroying people's hope in exchange for a lie.

But you live in a state of delusion. Mostly polite conversation? In reality, it's a gang up fest of venomous angry speech sometimes even laced with profanity. I have explained many times that I simply don't have the time to respond to a dozen or more people launching posts immediately at me. But no, you just promote the lie that I am ignoring posts.

I've said before. It's not the ugly rhetoric that bothers me, it's the justification or flat out denial which you are doing here. At least own up to it. Don't dare tell me that you are being polite when your side calls me stupid, or saying I'm whining or bleating or even falsely accuse me of crimes. I'm going to start keeping a record of these kind of posts from now on and post a collage of the nasty insults I get every time you deny it.

I get reps every day for my posts ever day so obviously not all the people out there are agreeing with you.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Funny man.

In other words you are above criticism and are always right.
In other words, you must always get the last word in even when you don't have anything to say.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:32 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
You will never see him admit an atheists makes a good point. He thinks saying that would make him a traitor or something. I would like to hear him answer that question though, as he dodges it EVERY TIME someone asks it of him. So I will ask again.

Jeff, you are on the clock buddy, don't dodge the question okay?

Is it possible you are wrong about your God? Or even PARTS of your God?

Quote:
Jeff doesn't believe he ever makes bad or nasty comments. Even when comparing gay people to child molesters, or atheists to heathens, or whatever. He is above reproach, because his God tells him so.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
You will never see him admit an atheists makes a good point. He thinks saying that would make him a traitor or something. I would like to hear him answer that question though, as he dodges it EVERY TIME someone asks it of him. So I will ask again.

Jeff doesn't believe he ever makes bad or nasty comments. Even when comparing gay people to child molesters, or atheists to heathens, or whatever. He is above reproach, because his God tells him so.

No, he dismissed my questions as white noise. I do not ever expect him to answer the same question that he asks of us. That of course is his choice.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:43 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
No, he dismissed my questions as white noise. I do not ever expect him to answer the same question that he asks of us. That of course is his choice.
It would just be nice if this "Christian" would use some intellectual honesty in his posts. I have a feeling, if his God were real, that he would rather him talk to people openly and honestly, than simply whine and cry about persecution where there is none... It is his choice to ignore questions, of course, but he should expect to catch flak for it, as he does.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:

I've said before that it's possible I could be wrong and there is no God. Maybe it's all an elaborate ruse created by a superior alien race. But Probable? Not likely.

Quote:

And that's where you distort my posts and just fabricate things I never said. I never compared gay people to child molesters. I only compared two situations where a moral conflict would exist with a business owner. Situations not people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality