Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 02:31 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Hannibal's right, cupper
this makes me happy
your posts cupper actually bring more people to God.
this makes me very very happy
Then I am failing.

I am not getting people to THINK rather than just accept what is told to them. I will try harder.

Old 05-08-2016, 02:41 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Then I am failing.
I am not getting people to THINK rather than just accept what is told to them. I will try harder.
you are getting people to think

they read your posts and think that someone blinded by hate and bitterness is not a credible source or an appealing role model. Ugliness doesn't inspire anyone. It drives people away. Inspiration is "I want to be like that." Ugliness is "yikes i don't want to be like him." sort of like seeing the black lung of a smoker in the jar at cadaver lab, very effective deterrent because it is so viscerally repulsive.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 05-08-2016 at 03:18 PM..

Old 05-08-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Then I am failing.
you seem utterly incapable of accepting that people do think, and as a result of their thinking, choose God. Smart people, good people, kind people, intelligent people, wise people have done a lot of thinking and choose God. This seems to make you very hostile, angry and bitter. You talk down to people cupper, you talk at people cupper, you don't listen to others, and you don't respect others. Do you see how this drives people away in hordes?

Old 05-08-2016, 03:56 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
However, on his part, Ikpa denied the allegation, disclosing that it was a neighbour, whom he identified only as Richard, that defiled the 14-year-old girl, but he decided not to report the matter to the police because he (Ikpa) had a forgiving character.

Step-daughter, not your typical incest...

Welllllll, as long as he had a forgiving character........

Old 05-08-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
you are getting people to think

they read your posts and think that someone blinded by hate and bitterness is not a credible source or an appealing role model. Ugliness doesn't inspire anyone. It drives people away. Inspiration is "I want to be like that." Ugliness is "yikes i don't want to be like him." sort of like seeing the black lung of a smoker in the jar at cadaver lab, very effective deterrent because it is so viscerally repulsive.
Ah, but you see, I don't just spout my opinion, virtually every thread I open is cited and based on a verifiable fact. Unlike those who pretend they have the source of the universal truth based on campfire stories a meandering band of desert goat herders spun together some 2500 years ago.

My sources are current, and you can actually identify the person, the place, the transgression all from independent third parties. Now if that steps on your toes too hard, as the saying out west goes, time for you to grow a pair. I'm not responsible for your hurt feelings. And I am truly sorry you are not enticed at least a little bit to think for yourself. You're missing out on a lot.

After all, in the end we all become just worm food. I would rather have spent my life knowing I have made a difference in some small ways to make this one place we, as the alpha primates, have to live. I know I have left a legacy that has improved those that come after me, unless of course they see destruction of our habitat we live in as a bad thing.

You know, that "go and dominate the earth and everything in and on it" attitude that fundies get from their bible. You know, that Genesis 1:28 thing.

I know I have been part, and in some cases led, the protection of our habitat, and the habitat of the critters that live in it. I know they have a kitchen to eat in, a bedroom to sleep in and some places to procreate in. And I have passed on that ethic to many. As opposed to your preachers who tell the fundies that who cares what happens here on earth, there is an apocalypse coming, and lo and behold, you will be whooshed to an eternal live of bliss. Now, maybe you won't get those 72 virgins that the Muslims men get, but hey, you get to sit beside Jaysus, so ain't that better?

Flippin' fairy tales for adults. Give me a break.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
... if that steps on your toes too hard, as the saying out west goes, time for you to grow a pair. I'm not responsible for your hurt feelings. And I am truly sorry you are not enticed at least a little bit to think for yourself. ...Flippin' fairy tales for adults. Give me a break.
see this is an example of another post of yours that is filled with hostility, contempt, anger, bitterness, sarcasm, condescension. so you care for the environment and are concerned with habitat for animals....but you just loathe humans. that is unappealing on a lot of levels. people respond to your rants the same way they do to the homeless guy on the street corner who is hollering and cussing.

my feelings are not hurt, i am a happy camper, but it is becoming increasingly apparent that your utter self-absorption renders you entirely oblivious to what anyone else is expressing or experiencing. like the guy on the street corner, entirely wrapped up in the rant in his head.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 05-08-2016 at 04:42 PM..

Old 05-08-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
see this is an example of another post of yours that is filled with hostility, contempt, anger, bitterness, sarcasm, condescension. so you care for the environment and are concerned with habitat for animals....but you just loathe humans. that is unappealing on a lot of levels. people respond to your rants the same way they do to the homeless guy on the street corner who is hollering and cussing.

my feelings are not hurt, i am a happy camper, but it is becoming increasingly apparent that your utter self-absorption renders you entirely oblivious to what anyone else is expressing or experiencing. like the guy on the street corner, entirely wrapped up in the rant in his head.
Here's a $1.00. Go buy your self some capitals to start sentences with.

Here's another $1.00. Hope it helps getting over your butthurt. You see, I rarely attack individuals, I attack their ideas and thoughts. I attack stupid ideas, and if you take that personally, that's your problem, not mine. Your spewing at me reflects on you, not me. But I will admit, I can get real sarcastic real quick when I see someone nattering invectives at me.

Contrary to your opinion, I have a great relationship with many, including some who are very religious. Doesn't mean I don't think their bronzed aged fantasies are bat scat crazy. I mean, let's face it, we have Christian churches that encourage imaginary cannibalism as a standard practice. We have religions that not only encourage, but demand male genital mutilation. We have fundamentalists who care more about an afterlife than this life, the only one we have. Face it, you're not going to see your mom or dad again, as much as that would be a great thing. We have christian sects who think nothing wrong with child marriages, you know, the same like that Mohammed fellow. After all, "It is written".

We have people who go into a church like the cathedral in Cologne, look into the gated off area where there are some sarcophagus, told that the three Wise Men of the christ fairytale are buried there, who look at each other and say, "Ayup, that sounds about right". No critical thinking whatsoever.

Exposing this non-critical thinking, this herd mentality and the just plain wrongness of the effects on innocent people's lives is a virtue, not a vice. If you feel you need the emotional crutch of a religion, go for it. But only in your home, and in your place of worship. If you, or your fellow travelers, try and take it into the schools, the courts or any place that taxpayers pay for, all bets are off.

Your religious fantasies have no place in the secular world. Don't try and impose them. You WILL be called out on that. And the fellow travelers who don't walk the pious walk, well, they are are plentiful. A target rich environment so to speak, one that needs to be shown again, and again, and again.

Don't like it? Tough. One doesn't get to claim to be good, and kind, and generous, and then think that when you are caught not being that or worse, that a public exposure is not going to happen. And often. And regularly.

Capish?

Old 05-08-2016, 05:25 PM

rant away cupper, it is just so much noise in your head, and utterly incoherent. goodness, kindness, respect, dignity, are what people recognize and respond to and seek to emulate, which is why your rabid rants notably bereft in all these areas do a splendid job of driving people away.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
rant away cupper, it is just so much noise in your head, and utterly incoherent. goodness, kindness, respect, dignity, are what people recognize and respond to and seek to emulate, which is why your rabid rants notably bereft in all these areas do a splendid job of driving people away.
I want a refund on that $1.00 I gave you to buy those "Capital" letters I so generously donated to start your sentences with. I see you didn't use it. I hate seeing money that was intended for education going to waste.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:01 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yeah, but what if in between all this activity, the pastor bought someone a tank of gas?

Geez, you people, harping on the negatives Christian leaders do without EVER noting all the positives. Blah blah rape blah blah children blah blah one's own family member. You know, in between the rapes this guy MIGHT have been fixing someone's computer.

Without asking for a cent in payment!

I think we should be fair and give this guy the benefit of a doubt. I'll bet he drives people to dry-out clinics all the time. Even if they're not Christian (the people, not the clinics).
He has (self-reportedly) a very forgiving character, after all. We should stop being so negative and focus on all of the good that God plans to come out from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality