Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 01:38 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
although this is very good.

Minorities were never "allowed" to be hunted. We sent in troops.

Yeah, we took the land and then saved the world. I see 4 times in the last 100 years. We are the only country I know that people can tell us to leave and we will leave. or that are expected to solve other people's problems at no cost.

"unarmed minorities" being murdered? that's a joke. Minorities are killing minorities. And the money we "ameriKKKclan" are giving to the minorities to help themselves and they do not even try and raise their children properly can be seen in every inner city school district. Where they are given a real chance at education and they **** on it.

"forced into poverty". That's true.

so no-god didnt ever leave. God has nothing to do with it.
1. We bought the land from powerful claimers and took only some by wining squatters or wining wars/battles.
2. WWI was won not by Americans, Americans came in last. WII was caused by American banks crashing and giving credence to Nazi party prophesies about germans relying too much on American loans after WWI. I don't know the other two times. "Saved the world" is an extreme stretch. The Russians and British were battling well, we just tipped the balance by coming in last, and developing the most destructive weapon ever devised. Japan wasn't planing on taking over the world from the equally powerful like Germany was. Japan was fighting for sovereignty over it's waters that American commercial/business ships were illegally and gleefully ignoring. Americans could not have cared less about what the Japanese were doing to Koreans or Chinese during their Empire's attempted expansion, other than market and military interests.

3. He didn't even mean unarmed minorities being murderd by majorities all that time. He meant it has happened, like Rosewood, FL and other destroyed "black people" cities/towns. Majorities are killing majorities. Crime is based on availability and circumstance, the poor in rough neighborhoods are more likely to wish to resort to violence.

4. The poor (regardless of skin color and made-up race category) are forced to work more time than they can give their children and aren't given education and sexual protection availability. How do you expect their children to be raised properly? Their children see the "bushels of majority skin-color money" not coming from anywhere nor going into anything and they act out. Human psychology wouldn't allow someone poor and depressed to become a great and happy student just because you throw books and teachers at them.

5. White people in the united states are not among the poorest? Just because they predominate the richer classes doesn't mean they don't also make up an extremely large chunk of the poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 02:56 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It was not about punishment or curiosity. Claiming that is ridiculous.

It was meant to stop a war in which hundreds of thousands were already killed.
Go back to sleep if you so choose, the facts in the case indicate otherwise.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:34 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
God allows humans to make their own decisions and mistakes. If he didn't, we would not be humans but robots.
Then we ought to start making better decisions huh?

One day we will STOP hating others based on DIFFERENCES, and learn to embrace DIVERSITY as an asset.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:00 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
BTW, me a liberal? That's a giggle. Most think I'm right of Attila the Hun, but then I also engage my brain.
This is really what puzzles a lot of people. I'm alternatively called (coincidentally) a communist, by right-wingers (no imagination there), and the newest insult, "establishment", by left-wingers. Author and political scientist Matthew Levendusky has noted that the growth of media choice has strengthened the extremes while hollowing out the center, so anyone who finds themselves anywhere other than at the extremes is viewed by extremists (which is basically most people) as a member of the extreme viewer's opposing extreme. The vast majority of people with a perspective seem to be incapable of understanding that reasonable people could disagree with their extremism and with the opposing extremism, at the same time, and also incapable of respectfully acknowledging that reasonable people could disagree with their extremism while still agreeing with the same general direction.

Of course, for those of us who find ourselves called "lefty" and "righty" on the same day, we can rest assured that we're still where we belong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
One day we will STOP hating others based on DIFFERENCES, and learn to embrace DIVERSITY as an asset.
And that's really the crux of the issue. These extremists we're engaging with are part of legacy power bases which, in turning extreme as posited by Levendusky, have turned into hate groups. Hating differences is how they protect the power they crave. Diversity dilutes their power. (Of course, on the other side, we have emerging power bases, that evolved extreme as posited by Levendusky, who are getting to the point where they are, if not outright hateful, perhaps approaching hate-adjacent, in their caustic regard for moderate perspectives.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:04 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So you think God approved of nuking them, huh?
No,

Old 05-07-2016, 07:16 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Well we have to give the poster credit for admitting the wrongness of what the poster posted previously.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:24 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
Quote:
God allows humans to make their own decisions and mistakes. If he didn't, we would not be humans but robots.
But I'm bad at making decisions. This is why I could never own my own business. I never asked for this. If this God guy is real, then he should make some for me or at least be a little pushy not necessarily decide and prove to me that that is the way that will give me the most satisfaction.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:35 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
But I'm bad at making decisions. This is why I could never own my own business. I never asked for this. If this God guy is real, then he should make some for me or at least be a little pushy not necessarily decide and prove to me that that is the way that will give me the most satisfaction.
You make decisions every day. From brushing your teeth, to getting dressed. Some of the best and most satisfying decisions are a leap of faith.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:39 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You make decisions every day. From brushing your teeth, to getting dressed. Some of the best and most satisfying decisions are a leap of faith.
I'm talking about real decisions..the ones that make or break my life. I am stuck in a relationship because of this and I never know how to apply for jobs on my own so on days that I don't have my coach I really don't know what to do. A leap of faith is for neurotypical people.

Last edited by Nickchick; 05-07-2016 at 11:02 AM..

Old 05-07-2016, 11:00 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I'm talking about real decisions..the ones that make or break my life. I am stuck in a relationship because of this and I never know how to apply for jobs on my own so on days that I don't have my coach I really don't know what to do. A leap of faith is for neurotypical people.
How are you stuck?

Your coach showed you how, and taught you a set of skills. Your leap of faith is putting those tools to work.

Most jobs applications are on line. You have computer skills. You can spell. You have skills. You have nothing to lose by seeking employment without your coach.

A leap of faith is for everyone. It takes practice. You can do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality