Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:57 AM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Same old crap of a post by you, cupper.

What if a CHRISTIAN MAN or group established a free medical clinic for disables or for those without health insurance? What would you call it? "Ohh you don't have to be a Christian to do this"

You are right, but guess what? RELIGION AND/OR GOD, DOES NOT, DOES NOT, and DOES NOT, tell its followers to do immoral and/or SINFUL THINGS. It's a known and well understood piece of knowledge.

It's the each and every individual who brings whatever he has, to the religion -

PUHLEEAASSEEE use some common sense for a change and try to understand that religion is NOT to be blamed as the source of evil or immorality. It's THE INDIVIDUAL PERSON who brings whatever he has TO the religion.
I think this thread is more about a dirt bag sub-human who has used his religious beliefs to justify his ugly actions. It's not about a Christian behaving in a disgusting manner as such. This is an issue over which you Christians and us Atheists should be uniting in indignation. Remember how we condemned the atheist for his scum bag actions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 01:00 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Let me tell you this, cupper:

You don't HAVE to be a Christian or a religious person to leave a disable woman in trouble.
And you could simply justify it by saying, "I don't believe in God, and I dont care about this disabled woman".

This small child gets hit by a running van in China (huge Atheist population - 47 percent, that is) in a very busy street with 100's of pedestrians, none of the pedestrians cared to even pickup the kid and call n ambulance - They just watched and ignored while rest of the vehicles kept rolling over this kid.

I am sure there must be AT LEAST ONE ATHEIST in those 100's of pedestrians. While rest of those pedestrians and drivers were presumably all evil religious people who were told by God, not to worry about the kid - why didn't the Atheist come to help the kid?

Old 05-06-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Let me tell you this, cupper:

You don't HAVE to be a Christian or a religious person to leave a disable woman in trouble.
And you could simply justify it by saying, "I don't believe in God, and I dont care about this disabled woman".

This small child gets hit by a running van in China (huge Atheist population - 47 percent, that is) in a very busy street with 100's of pedestrians, none of the pedestrians cared to even pickup the kid and call n ambulance - They just watched and ignored while rest of the vehicles kept rolling over this kid.

I am sure there must be AT LEAST ONE ATHEIST in those 100's of pedestrians. While rest of those pedestrians and drivers were presumably all evil religious people who were told by God, not to worry about the kid - why didn't the Atheist come to help the kid?
You just shot yourself in the foot there, Go. 53% of the pedestrians were religious! The truth is, people behave this way in densely populated areas. It's a sickness, not a religious or absence of religion thing.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I think this thread is more about a dirt bag sub-human who has used his religious beliefs to justify his ugly actions. It's not about a Christian behaving in a disgusting manner as such. This is an issue over which you Christians and us Atheists should be uniting in indignation. Remember how we condemned the atheist for his scum bag actions?
This is exactly my point that I have been talking for years.

Between the Athiests and believers, the question is NOT "whether God exists or not?"

The question is how Atheist and believers can co-exist in harmony to join forces and work together towards the betterment and greater benefit of humanity - INSTEAD OF - wasting our time, energy and resources to engage in mud slinging and hosing down contests -

Whether man was created by God or whether man came from monkey? Whether God exists or not? Whether there is an after life or not? Whether we are accountable to God or not? whether the entire universe and everything in it, came together by chance or not? etc

These arguments when turned into quarrels, and ugly sarcasm, do NOT benefit anyone - so better stick to whatever you believe and don't object on what others believe.

See how can you (whether Atheist or a believer) can work with each other on a positive endeavor to benefit humanity.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
You just shot yourself in the foot there, Go. 53% of the pedestrians were religious! The truth is, people behave this way in densely populated areas. It's a sickness, not a religious or absence of religion thing.
That's what I am saying - Let's agree with the OP - 53 percent of ALL CORE TO THE BOTTOM EVIL RELIGIOUS PEOPLE - we agree that they were all told by God NOT to help the kid.

But WHAT ABOUT THE 43 % OF ALL CARING LOVING MELLOW SOFT MORALLY CORRECT ATHEISTS PEDESTRIANS???

Why didn't A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ANGELIC ATHEIST COME TO HELP THE KID ???

Old 05-06-2016, 01:25 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Same old crap of a post by you, cupper.

What if a CHRISTIAN MAN or group established a free medical clinic for disables or for those without health insurance? What would you call it? "Ohh you don't have to be a Christian to do this"

You are right, but guess what? RELIGION AND/OR GOD, DOES NOT, DOES NOT, and DOES NOT, tell its followers to do immoral and/or SINFUL THINGS. It's a known and well understood piece of knowledge.

It's the each and every individual who brings whatever he has, to the religion -

PUHLEEAASSEEE use some common sense for a change and try to understand that religion is NOT to be blamed as the source of evil or immorality. It's THE INDIVIDUAL PERSON who brings whatever he has TO the religion.
Remember this:

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil — that takes religion.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
That's what I am saying - Let's agree with the OP - 53 percent of ALL CORE TO THE BOTTOM EVIL RELIGIOUS PEOPLE - we agree that they were all told by God NOT to help the kid.

But WHAT ABOUT THE 43 % OF ALL CARING LOVING MELLOW SOFT MORALLY CORRECT ATHEISTS PEDESTRIANS???

Why didn't A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ANGELIC ATHEIST COME TO HELP THE KID ???
Because Atheists are not angelic. Some of them are damn well outright evil. Many of them/us are fine upstanding and compassionate people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Remember this:

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil — that takes religion.
cupper is right. My understanding is that cupper is crusading against the evils of religion, not the good people who are religious. And there are those good people. Most of them, I would say.

Last edited by 303Guy; 05-06-2016 at 01:49 AM..

Old 05-06-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Remember this:

For some bad people to AVOID doing bad things, religion helps them as a deterrent.
Many people try to suppress their sinful and/or immoral wishes BECAUSE OF RELIGION. They may or may not be worried about local laws or fellow humans - but they try to avoid sins and evil acts in the love and respect of God.

^^
And you remember this!

Old 05-06-2016, 01:38 AM

Quote:

For some bad people to AVOID doing bad things, religion helps them as a deterrent.
Many people try to suppress their sinful and/or immoral wishes BECAUSE OF RELIGION. They may or may not be worried about local laws or fellow humans - but they try to avoid sins and evil acts in the love and respect of God.

^^
And you remember this!
This I would agree with.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Because Atheists are not angelic. Some of them are damn well outright evil. many of them/us are fine upstanding and compassionate people.

cupper is right. My understanding is that cupper is crusading against the evils of religion, not the good people who are religious. And there are those good people. Most of them, I would say.
There is no evil in religion.
There is evil in HUMANS. (And there is GOOD in humans too)
Religions asks us to suppress that evil in us - Religion asks us not to hurt anyone - not to cheat, lie or deceive etc. Religion also asks us to try to do what's Good.

It's then up to each individual as to what he brings to the religion, how he follows it and how he uses of misuses it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality