Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 01:01 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times

Advertisements

What a dirt bag. What a Christian, isn't he? I mean, he, like Abraham, listened to Gawd.

His words after he left the disabled woman at the side of the road:
"Something came over me, I think the Lord came to me, and he just said get in the truck and leave," said Ken Shupe of Shupee Max Towing in Traveler's Rest, S.C.. "And when I got in my truck, you know, I was so proud, because I felt like I finally drew a line in the sand and stood up for what I believed."
Even though the woman in the accident had a disabled sticker on her car, he refused, claiming he didn't know till later, but his decision would be the same.

Why?

She had a Bernie Sanders bumper sticker?

Christian or dirt bag?

http://wlos.com/news/local/tow-truck...umper-sticker/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 01:04 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,052,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

Christian or dirt bag?
Both.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:40 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Thr tide turned!!! America is SAVED!!! The truck driver was the tenth righteous man!!!

Old 05-05-2016, 01:50 PM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times
According to the article he is a Trump supporter, so I guess this is what "make America great again" means to at least some of those folks.

Look at what Trump is emboldening ... ain't it grand?

Old 05-05-2016, 02:15 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
He is a scumbag who just happens to be Christian. Refusing to assist a vehicle because the person has a different political viewpoint is a sign of a scumbag. Connecting it to the comments in the atheists dog walking thread, this sounds like a very selfish act using religion as an excuse. I cannot see how anyone could defend his decision as being the right one to do.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:19 PM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
He is a scumbag who just happens to be Christian. Refusing to assist a vehicle because the person has a different political viewpoint is a sign of a scumbag. Connecting it to the comments in the atheists dog walking thread, this sounds like a very selfish act using religion as an excuse. I cannot see how anyone could defend his decision as being the right one to do.
Sadly, I can see how anyone could defend his decision.

Step one: otherize, dehumanize, hate and fear-monger about people who disagree with you.
Step two: use their less than human status as an excuse to treat them badly
Step three: escalate until you feel less insecure and more in control

This is a classic pattern of behavior for authoritarian types -- and for those who pander to them.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:21 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
According to the article he is a Trump supporter, so I guess this is what "make America great again" means to at least some of those folks.

Look at what Trump is emboldening ... ain't it grand?
I read it as look what god is emboldening, Trump is just the icing on the fruit cake.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:11 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
I guess the Lord forced to make him become oblivious the Good Samaritan story out of his bible.

Of course in this case that story would have been "out of context." I mean, we're talking about a Bernie supporter here who might just be a deadbeat.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
What a dirt bag. What a Christian, isn't he? I mean, he, like Abraham, listened to Gawd.

"Something came over me, I think the Lord came to me, and he just said get in the truck and leave," said Ken Shupe of Shupee Max Towing in Traveler's Rest, S.C.. "And when I got in my truck, you know, I was so proud, because I felt like I finally drew a line in the sand and stood up for what I believed."
Even though the woman in the accident had a disabled sticker on her car, he refused, claiming he didn't know till later, but his decision would be the same.

Why?

Christian or dirt bag?

Tow truck driver refuses to tow motorist over Bernie bumper sticker | WLOS
Dirt bag! I don't really care whether was 'Christian' or not, he's still a dirt bag. But the fact that he acted out of his 'belief' is nothing short of disgusting - sub human in fact! May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits!

Old 05-06-2016, 12:39 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:

"Something came over me, I think the Lord came to me, and he just said get in the truck and leave," said Ken Shupe of Shupee Max Towing in Traveler's Rest, S.C.. "And when I got in my truck, you know, I was a so proud, because I felt like I finally drew a line in the sand and stood up for what I believed."

Why?

Christian or dirt bag?

Tow truck driver refuses to tow motorist over Bernie bumper sticker | WLOS
Same old crap of a post by you, cupper.

What if a CHRISTIAN MAN or group established a free medical clinic for disables or for those without health insurance? What would you call it? "Ohh you don't have to be a Christian to do this"

You are right, but guess what? RELIGION AND/OR GOD, DOES NOT, DOES NOT, and DOES NOT, tell its followers to do immoral and/or SINFUL THINGS. It's a known and well understood piece of knowledge.

It's the each and every individual who brings whatever he has, to the religion -

PUHLEEAASSEEE use some common sense for a change and try to understand that religion is NOT to be blamed as the source of evil or immorality. It's THE INDIVIDUAL PERSON who brings whatever he has TO the religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality