Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 04:35 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times

Advertisements

This is the Opening Post. It has to do with religious trends in Iceland. While SOME topic drift is normal, please try to stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
They are just a bit ahead of the curve, but the trend as we all know, is also happening in the US. Canada and Europe are closer to the goal, and quickly getting there also.

0.0% of Icelanders 25 years or younger believe God created the world, new poll reveals | Icelandmag

However, there is a lot of work left to do, as 46.6% of Icelanders say they are religious. From the article:

And look at that. Atheists and Christians among young people is split 50/50.

How cool is that!

Old 05-08-2016, 05:42 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Best to pay GR no attention. He is the real Loser here. He has been debunked time and again, over the 'God = Everything' semantic trick (Mystic is too smart to be caught), over the US Govt can't interfere in State religious matters and over the 'is Christianity winning or not?' argument.

So he has nothing but attacks and accusations. I can guess why he does it and I feel rather sorry for him.
No matter that the Icelandic youth don't know that God is the Source of All Reality, and IS All Reality...that doesn't change that fact.
God = Everything isn't a "semantic trick"...you just wish it was cuz it renders Atheism null and void.
"ALL/ EVERYTHING" comports definitively as "GOD", and objectively exists...thus GOD objectively exists.
You AND the few people on Iceland need to get hip to that.

Oh, and, you've debunked nothing at all...except Atheism having any logical merit.
You STILL don't know that Christianity won the Champion Theological Concept title over a thousand years ago, and has held it since? Are you sure you are posting from planet Earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 09:29 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Total denial of the many debunks you have had. Can anyone credit the conclusion you draw out of your ass in dismissal of the news from Iceland, and a good deal of the rest of the world about not buying the God -claim..never mind your absurd relabelling everything as "God".

Old 05-08-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Total denial of the many debunks you have had. Can anyone credit the conclusion you draw out of your ass in dismissal of the news from Iceland, and a good deal of the rest of the world about not buying the God -claim..never mind your absurd relabelling everything as "God".
I can understand the few youngsters living in Iceland being put over with an Argument From Ignorance that tries to figure things out by making determinations off of a flawed "No Evidence" premise....but what excuse is there for an otherwise mature man like you to be snowed by it?

Old 05-08-2016, 10:01 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,063 times
Quote:
They are just a bit ahead of the curve, but the trend as we all know, is also happening in the US. Canada and Europe are closer to the goal, and quickly getting there also.

0.0% of Icelanders 25 years or younger believe God created the world, new poll reveals | Icelandmag

However, there is a lot of work left to do, as 46.6% of Icelanders say they are religious. From the article:

And look at that. Atheists and Christians among young people is split 50/50.

How cool is that!
Uhhhh, this could have something to do with the fact that there is a tax for being a church member.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Iceland

Church of Iceland (71.55%)
Free Lutheran Church in Reykjavík (2.87%)
Free Lutheran Church in Hafnarfjörður (1.95%)
Independent Lutheran Congregation (.99%)
Catholic Church (3.73%)
Other Christian denominations (2.07%)
Ãsatrúarfélagið (.97%)
Zuism (.93%)
Other and unspecified (9.16%)
Unaffiliated (5.77%)

Asatruarfelagio is Norse, Zuism is Sumerian. Zuism actually came about in protest of this tax.

It's also nothing to cheer about that a country has a high atheist population. It means you have little or no culture.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 05-08-2016 at 10:25 AM..

Old 05-08-2016, 10:47 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Best to pay GR no attention. He is the real Loser here. He has been debunked time and again, over the 'God = Everything' semantic trick (Mystic is too smart to be caught), over the US Govt can't interfere in State religious matters and over the 'is Christianity winning or not?' argument.

So he has nothing but attacks and accusations. I can guess why he does it and I feel rather sorry for him.
He's almost as much fun to play with as Eusie.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
He's almost as much fun to play with as Eusie.
Yes...I should thank you.
You've entertained me quite a bit today.
Transponder hasn't been as game lately...but he made a few decent contributions here.
Hitchens slams always work on the MT haters.
Hitchens was the King of the Chumps.
I usually don't root for heavy hard booze hittin' and chain-smoked cigarettes...but I made an exception in his case.
Well...I've gotta sleep now...it has been a long, busy weekend.
Thanx again!

Old 05-08-2016, 11:16 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
It's also nothing to cheer about that a country has a high atheist population. It means you have little or no culture.
What?

Old 05-08-2016, 12:02 PM

20,018 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Demonstrating conclusively that you know precious little about either atheism or culture. Or at least what they actually are, as opposed to your contrived pet definitions.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:39 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Demonstrating conclusively that you know precious little about either atheism or culture. Or at least what they actually are, as opposed to your contrived pet definitions.
A country steeped in traditions is without culture because they do not believe in a god? From what I have read they are very literate and reading is very much part of their life. I will take a look later this week when I am there to see if they lack culture. I just do not know what I should look for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality