Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 03:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Well, sorry to that you feel your cornflakes were urinated in. I'm sure if you take two aspirins, sleep it off, you will be better in the morning. Now, try and debate issues, not personalities. Adults do that.
Your flailing is very much like jeff's and Eusie's too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 04:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Charleston church where 9 people were massacred will pocket $1.8m in donations | Daily Mail Online

Are Christians not starting to get livid with these daily, and I mean daily, mishandling of funds? In this case, this friggin' church is not even pretending that they are doing anything else but keeping over $1.8 MILLION dollars of a total of $3.3 million raised. I have no words I can put on this forum; I might get banned.

YOU Christians need to stop this problem. YOU Christians are as much as fault on this incessant malfeasance in your communities as the Muslims are for not stopping their radicals. YOU Christians need to find a backbone, and get some real morals, not morals you think exists in that fairy tale book you keep preaching from, and then only partially, because you forget the part about owning slaves and how a rape victim gets stoned to death if the she didn't scream loud enough.

Why the bleep do the relatives of the white racist who shot the victims have to sue their own bleeping church? Man this makes me angry. And I bet their are some hypocrites on this very board who will see nothing wrong with this.

I'm sure tomorrow will bring a new outrage. It is just the way so many Christian churches and their leaders seem to work in today's USA.
So what? What EXACTLY your point? That people that claim to be Christian sometimes don't act as Christians?

OK?

Old 05-11-2016, 06:32 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So what? What EXACTLY your point? That people that claim to be Christian sometimes don't act as Christians?

OK?
It appears to be much more that "sometimes". But I'm glad you seem to concur it was untoward what that church did on the back of that tragedy.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your flailing is very much like jeff's and Eusie's too.
Apparently you missed this part:

Now, try and debate issues, not personalities. Adults do that.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:39 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
In your first post here, you said, "We should be careful not to play into the hands of sensationalistic journalism such as what the Daily Mail regularly traffics in," then ignored when non "sensationalistic journalism" was presented. Why bring it up if it doesn't matter?

Anyways, I have said already that unless the church told them it was going to victims families, then they can do whatever they want with it, so I think you are arguing about something I never said.
I agree, it was their own fault for trusting that church to give all of it's money to the poor. Churches are run like pagan temples, they NEVER give everything to the poor. This one particular church is specially greedy and self-serving. 50% of millions in charity goes to itself so that it can give some scholarship to the children of it's own choosing? Seriously? How much? Where is the rest going?

Old 05-11-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Well, sorry to that you feel your cornflakes were urinated in. I'm sure if you take two aspirins, sleep it off, you will be better in the morning. Now, try and debate issues, not personalities. Adults do that.
I believe troutdude is a pagan; just FYI, chained-group-religious and freer-group-religious aren't too far apart... The word religion is what ultimately ties up their minds in knots. I don't like the bad things paganism does to people and I don't like the bad things that Christianity does to people. It's both religion. (I don't like what a lot of other tribalist secular things do to people either, YES religion is secular and worldly). No offense to people themselves of course, as long as they don't take themselves too seriously when being full of oneself is not proper.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

OK?
The products of Christianity shows part and parcel of what it produces in this world.
Yes, exactly like the products of non-stamp collecting show part and parcel of what non-stamp collecting produces.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Apparently you missed this part:

Now, try and debate issues, not personalities. Adults do that.
Like I said, flail away.

Impotently.

You, like jeff and Eusie and Viz, reveal much more of your true self than you realize.

You are your posts.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I didn't feel poorly.

I think that is the point of that big green smiley he put at the end of that "kisses" sentences. Perhaps you would have felt better if he had written "hugs"? it would be a lot less effeminate or patronizing I suppose. But "" is supposed to remove the patronization and make the sentence more humorously fraternal. He is probably not good at ignoring needless and empty criticisms such as yours, at this current point in his posting career!
He want to get at the meat of the arguments, were real progress is found. I think people get tired of hearing the negatives and the same-old-same-old, that is one of the failings of humanity that causes boring wrongs to go unfixed: lack of perseverance.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Like I said, flail away.

Impotently.

You, like jeff and Eusie and Viz, reveal much more of your true self than you realize.

You are your posts.
Once you turn to personalities, you have lost the discussion. My kids knew that by the time they were 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality