Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 11:57 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Isn't that what you are saying here...

that we're inherently evil? You said this in direct response to my question
Yes--they were. God declared that they should be executed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 12:03 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes--they were. God declared that they should be executed.
So it is fine that they were murdered as they were evil. Got it.

There's really no personal offense worthy of protest, then. If we are all evil and all deserving of murder.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:07 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
How do you know that? Why should I take your word for it?
Because evil requires intent - you can't accidentally be evil. Babies aren't capable of the type of intent required, so can't be born evil.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Because evil requires intent - you can't accidentally be evil. Babies aren't capable of the type of intent required, so can't be born evil.
In Vizio Bible Land, babies in the placenta can be evil, if that's what the bible godling deems with his X-Ray Evil-Detection Vision -- just one of his many super powers.

Sadly though, he's powerless against iron chariots.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
So it is fine that they were murdered as they were evil. Got it.

There's really no personal offense worthy of protest, then. If we are all evil and all deserving of murder.
I never said that, did I? Murder <> execution. The state does not murder anyone when it enforces capital punishment. God does not, either. God did not give human beings free reign to go and kill whomever we determine to be bad, and he has not commanded Christians today to execute anyone.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In Vizio Bible Land, babies in the placenta can be evil, if that's what the bible godling deems with his X-Ray Evil-Detection Vision -- just one of his many super powers.

Sadly though, he's powerless against iron chariots.
Super powers or magic?

Old 05-19-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Again...how do you know that? You keep making statements with nothing to back them up except your opinion.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:18 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
I'm calling you out on this one. Give me a verse please. I beg you.
Quote:
Deuteronomy 22:20-21
20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.
Quote:

Deuteronomy 21:18 If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.” 21 Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.
Quote:
Leviticus 30:13: "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
Quote:
Leviticus 20:9 Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.9 If there is anyone who curses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother, his bloodguiltiness is upon him. 10 If there is a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.…
Quote:
Psalm 137:9 A blessing on anyone who seizes your babies and smashes them against a rock!
Quote:
Deuteronomy 13:9 you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him. 9"But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10" So you shall stone him to death because he has sought to seduce you from the LORD your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

How about a disgusting story about raping "my own daughters"

Quote:
Judges 19:24 24"Here is my virgin daughter and his concubine. Please let me bring them out that you may ravish them and do to them whatever you wish. But do not commit such an act of folly against this man." 25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man seized his concubine and brought her out to them; and they raped her and abused her all night until morning, then let her go at the approach of dawn.

If you need more here is a list of the sick christian god killing people.

Examples of God personally killing people

I find it strange that people who are not bible worshipers know much more about the bible than bible thumpers.

No wonder this religion is a failed institution. There is nothing at all spiritual in worshiping a god like this one, or even worshiping a book that has this garbage written in it.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Again...how do you know that? You keep making statements with nothing to back them up except your opinion.
Have you ever been the victim of a baby with evil intent? I'm guessing not, along with every other human that's ever existed - I'm taking that as evidence of babies lacking evil extent.

Throwing chewed up baby food, doesn't count as evil btw.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:24 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Have you ever been the victim of a baby with evil intent? I'm guessing not, along with every other human that's ever existed - I'm taking that as evidence of babies lacking evil extent.

Throwing chewed up baby food, doesn't count as evil btw.
Maybe not barfing - but Viz has stated in the past that evil can be detected in 2-3-year-olds when they throw a tantrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality