Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 12:20 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Except for God's Word as it is recorded. There is evidence, but not that you're willing to consider.

Are you saying that the existence of a book is evidence that everything written in that book is true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 12:28 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Are you saying that the existence of a book is evidence that everything written in that book is true?
Nope. I'm saying the evidence contained in that 66 book collection is evidence for the 66 books. I'm sure you base your faith in anything on the fact that other "experts" attest to it, right? I know that the book of Genesis is correct based on the other 65 books of the Bible that attest to it, and the truths contained in it.

You DO realize that there are 66 different books with different authors and different time frames in which they were written, right? It's not just one book that some madman in the desert compiled (like the koran), nor is it some forgery that a 15 year old boy copied from someone else, and plagiarized Biblical stories into it (Book of Mormon).

Old 05-20-2016, 12:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Nope. I'm saying the evidence contained in that 66 book collection is evidence for the 66 books. I'm sure you base your faith in anything on the fact that other "experts" attest to it, right? I know that the book of Genesis is correct based on the other 65 books of the Bible that attest to it, and the truths contained in it.

You DO realize that there are 66 different books with different authors and different time frames in which they were written, right? It's not just one book that some madman in the desert compiled (like the koran), nor is it some forgery that a 15 year old boy copied from someone else, and plagiarized Biblical stories into it (Book of Mormon).
The collection of pamphlets that Constantine decided were written by men channeling god is no more "evidence" of that god than the Qur'an or Book of Mormon.

In fact, probably less, since the pamphlets were written in a more primitive time by even more primitive men.

It's beyond silly that some people still think it contains literal truths.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:58 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
I know that the book of Genesis is correct based on the other 65 books of the Bible that attest to it, and the truths contained in it.
Just because different authors agree on something doesn't make it true.

There are whole collections of books (by different authors) about 9/11 conspiracies, new age medicine, aliens, a faked moon landing, Obama's Kenyan citizenship, etc.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:02 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Nope. I'm saying the evidence contained in that 66 book collection is evidence for the 66 books.
Please point out this evidence in detail.

Can you do it?

Old 05-20-2016, 01:06 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Your opinion does not make fact. I would challenge you to consult a dictionary to see the difference between murder and execution.
I agree, my opinion does not make fact. My disagreement is not with the dictionary definitions of murder vs. execution, but rather with the notion that if God wants to commit mass murder of evil little infants, it's somehow not murder and thus is perfectly just and OK. That notion is your opinion. Your opinion also does not make fact.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Except for God's Word as it is recorded. There is evidence, but not that you're willing to consider.
You believe that the Bible is God's Word. That is different from it actually being God's Word. Again, your opinion does not make fact.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I've explained it. My kids shower at school. I don't want boys in the locker room with them.

I also do not want them going into a women's bathroom where I cannot see what is going on, knowing that it is possible for a man to enter that bathroom where they are in a potential state of undress.
It's already possible. It's been possible their entire lives.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:30 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There's zero proof that Islam is a fairy tale, and yet you are not a Muslim.

There's zero proof that Santa Claus is a fairy tale, and yet you don't believe in Santa.

There's zero proof that the Invisible Space Lizards are a fairy tale, and yet you don't believe in the Invisible Space Lizards.

There's zero proof that The Matrix is fictional, and yet you don't believe that we're all living in The Matrix.

There's zero proof that Christianity is fictional, and yet you DO believe the claims of Christianity. That seems inconsistent. You clearly have a double standard.
The Matrixt is 100% real. That movie was a documentary.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:36 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:

Specifically, what biblical story is plagiarized in the Book of Mormon, Vizio? I'm all ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality