Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 05:22 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well mommy is a liar because there is ZERO proof that our beliefs are fairy tales. ZERO.
There's zero proof that Islam is a fairy tale, and yet you are not a Muslim.

There's zero proof that Santa Claus is a fairy tale, and yet you don't believe in Santa.

There's zero proof that the Invisible Space Lizards are a fairy tale, and yet you don't believe in the Invisible Space Lizards.

There's zero proof that The Matrix is fictional, and yet you don't believe that we're all living in The Matrix.

There's zero proof that Christianity is fictional, and yet you DO believe the claims of Christianity. That seems inconsistent. You clearly have a double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 06:14 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Please show me proof that Christians are beheading and raping people. Sick foul comparison.
How I see it is christianity was founded around 2000 years ago and islam around 1400 years ago.

You can bet back in those days christians were beheading and raping. You can even find the god in the OT in Deuteronomy 13 13 and Judges 19 encouraging murder and rape. In fact it's sprinkled all throughout the OT.

What we see with ISIS today is exactly how christians behaved during the Dark Ages.

Just wait another 600 years so they can work out their worst kinks as christianity has done. Not that christianity is in the free and clear...as evident by the videos and many other oppressive things that christians try to impose upon people today.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:36 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What is sick and foul is religious extremists claiming transgenders are pedophiles who will attack children in the Target restroom.

What's pathetic is that some people don't get that allowing people to choose which restroom to use is enabling straight pedophiles to do their thing.

Get your head out of the sand. To appease two-tenths of one percent of the population, others are put in jeopardy.

In case you've missed it, Google is your friend.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:02 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

What's pathetic is that some people don't get that allowing people to choose which restroom to use is enabling straight pedophiles to do their thing.

Get your head out of the sand. To appease two-tenths of one percent of the population, others are put in jeopardy.

In case you've missed it, Google is your friend.
Not much stopped pedophiles from being pedophiles prior to Transgender people using public washrooms. How easy is it to tell a pedophile male from a Transgender ed woman who even if she believes she is a man and is attracted to females must by these new laws use the women's washroom? It is an honest question as I do not know.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:18 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Not much stopped pedophiles from being pedophiles prior to Transgender people using public washrooms. How easy is it to tell a pedophile male from a Transgender ed woman who even if she believes she is a man and is attracted to females must by these new laws use the women's washroom? It is an honest question as I do not know.
Yes I agree. Here in the Bay Area there are lot of bathrooms that are gender neutral bathrooms. I don't hear of any increased cases of pedophilia occurring here because of it. That one guy in the video in the SF Target shouting like fool and saying that now pedifiles are taking photos of their children in the bathroom.

My first thought was...what a clueless person...pedophiles know how to get to children and it's not usually by way of a public bathroom. They know the types of jobs and positions to hold in order to have access to kids. It's a very calculated behavior and kids are getting their photos snapped unknowingly all the time by pedophiles in parks, daycare's, schools and everywhere else children normally are found.

I don't think the hatred you are hearing from these people is really about them worrying about pedophilia...I thinks it's pure hatred of gays that they are really screaming about.

I personally am not worried about a gay man using the ladies bathroom but I do have reservations about grown perverted men pretending to be gay having access to prey upon grown women.

Here is a good example of what I am talking about. Voyeurism incidents lead to closure of Gender Neutral Bathrooms on Toronto College Campus

Sounds like OSHA has proposed a few good ideas. OSHA Issues Guidelines On Restroom Access For Transgender Workers

Last edited by Matadora; 05-18-2016 at 08:27 PM..

Old 05-18-2016, 08:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Well OK then:

Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say | NBC4 Washington

Let me guess, you'll say nbcwashington isn't a real news source or pull out some reason out of thin air to discount this story. I have more if you need them.
jeffy, where, exactly, in that link does it mention the suspect was a transsexual?

Uh-huh.

Nowhere.

The voyeur was a heterosexual male trying to get his freak on.

Do you really think that relates to the subject of this thread?

Your desperation is pathetic and your "arguments" increasingly infantile and nonsensical.

Take a break.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:35 PM

19,997 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
...pedophiles know how to get to children and it's not usually by way of a public bathroom. They know the types of jobs and positions to hold in order to have access to kids. It's a very calculated behavior and kids are getting their photos snapped unknowingly all the time by pedophiles in parks, daycare's, schools and everywhere else children normally are found.
Yep. The RCC, scouting, schools, and sports (remember good ol' Jerry Sandusky?) are the sorts of situations these folks seek out and are far more hazardous then a restroom. Which is to say, with reasonable precautions, open-eyed awareness and proper orientation and education of your children about their right to say "no", not that hazardous.

And frankly heterosexuals are at LEAST as much of a source of voyeurs and perverts. I recall a HS teacher where I used to live gave heterosexual HS kids a clandestine hangout where they could have sex, which, of course, he had outfitted with hidden cameras to record it all for his viewing pleasure.

This all falls under the heading of "read meat for the true believers". I ran across a video today of some guy declaring that with his new guidelines for transgender restrooms in public schools, "Obama is coming to rape your children ... Satan wants to rape your children". All heat and no light.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:06 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Well mommy is a liar because there is ZERO proof that our beliefs are fairy tales. ZERO.
Jeff, if there were any truth in your beliefs, they would be called facts.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Jeff, if there were any truth in your beliefs, they would be called facts.
That pinging sound you hear is your truth bouncing off jeffy's FODI (Fundashield Of Determined Ignorance).

None of us have dented it.

His wrongness is impenetrable.

It would be admirable if it wasn't so sad.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:41 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There's zero proof that Islam is a fairy tale, and yet you are not a Muslim.

There's zero proof that Santa Claus is a fairy tale, and yet you don't believe in Santa.

There's zero proof that the Invisible Space Lizards are a fairy tale, and yet you don't believe in the Invisible Space Lizards.

There's zero proof that The Matrix is fictional, and yet you don't believe that we're all living in The Matrix.

There's zero proof that Christianity is fictional, and yet you DO believe the claims of Christianity. That seems inconsistent. You clearly have a double standard.
Name one thing that you can prove that can never be questioned or doubted in any shape form or fashion. Even an event like the landing on the moon that was seen by millions of people live on tv can be doubted, for example.

The probability factor is the key here. The factor is zero for all your examples. OTOH, it is quite high for Christianity when you lay all the cards of evidence out on the table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality