Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 07:40 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,739,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Nope you could not be further from the truth. You are not a very informed person and that's very clear.

I can find you many quotes in the christian bible calling the flock to commit acts of violence, murder, and rape.

Odd how those who are not bible worshipers know more about the bible then bible thumpers.

Show me one verse after Christ's death that tells us to go commit violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Thank and praise jesus for creating aids and xian gay bashing, huh Jeff?
This crap again? No I am not thankful or wish any harm to come to gay people.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What do you have against millions being slaughtered? The God of the Bible certainly has nothing against it.
Because it would have been much more moral to allow evil people to go on living inflicting enormous pain, torture and violence on innocent people, right? One of those groups that you blame God for "murdering" would attack the wandering tribes from behind because that's where the elderly and weak slow defenseless people would be at the back of the line. These were not nice people that you think should have been spared judgement.

"“Remember what Amalek did to you on the way as you were coming out of Egypt, (18) how he met you on the way and attacked your rear ranks, all the stragglers at your rear, when you were tired and weary; and he did not fear God."

Deuteronomy 25:17

Old 05-19-2016, 07:51 AM

20,018 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Show me one verse after Christ's death that tells us to go commit violence.
There isn't one to my knowledge which is why I don't personally pursue that line of reason with people who selectively disavow the OT commands except when it suits them to do otherwise.

However what CAN be pointed to is Christian violence throughout human history. The crusades and the inquisition alone demonstrate that Christians, given sufficient political power or influence, are not averse to violence in the name of purging society of "ungodliness" or "sin". And lest you think that's a purely Catholic aberration you have only to consider John Calvin's theocracy in which morality police were employed to control people's behavior. Harsh punishments were in store for anyone who danced or pursued entertainment for example.

So the absence of an explicit NT command to violence or the presence of many commands to be peaceful and practice lovingkindness do not appear to influence the situation on the ground at all. Indeed, as the protestant reformation took hold in Europe a greater emphasis on OT prohibitions and punishments ensued.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:18 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Moronic Christians demonstrating the idiocy and bigotry required to be a fundamentalist.
I don't know why they are protesting Target. Target is one of the few big box stores that offers a special bathroom for families.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:30 AM

1,704 posts, read 750,085 times
Quote:
Please show me proof that Christians are beheading and raping people. Sick foul comparison.

Jews, Christians, and Muslims (the Abrahamic Religions) have been murdering people because of their alternative beliefs and behaviors for thousands of years. I'm most certain that lynching, beheading, and torture have all been included in their extremist demonstrations. There is no limit to their manner and degree of idiotic blood-thirst.

Based upon recent reports about various Abrahamic religious sects, I'm most certain that rape has also been included as a corollary of their inhumane, despotic, and heinous behavior.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:35 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What is sick and foul is religious extremists claiming transgenders are pedophiles who will attack children in the Target restroom.
I haven't heard that argument.

I have heard the argument though, that pedophiles can pose as the sexually confused and then harm children.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Nope you could not be further from the truth. You are not a very informed person and that's very clear.

I can find you many quotes in the christian bible calling the flock to commit acts of violence, murder, and rape.

Odd how those who are not bible worshipers know more about the bible then bible thumpers.
I'm calling you out on this one. Give me a verse please. I beg you.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:40 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Well OK then:

Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say | NBC4 Washington

Let me guess, you'll say nbcwashington isn't a real news source or pull out some reason out of thin air to discount this story. I have more if you need them.
No proof the man was transgender. Or gay. No mention of a child being attacked. No mention it happened in Target.

My guess is he's a straight guy who disguised himself so he could get his rocks off by getting a peek at unsuspecting women. Which is illegal....and weird. It has nothing to do with the fundies claiming transgenders are attacking kids in the bathroom at Target.

If you have a story about transgenders attacking kids in the bathroom at Target....I'll read it.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-19-2016 at 09:50 AM..

Old 05-19-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No proof the man was transgender. Or gay. No mention of a child being attacked. No mention it happened in Target.

My guess is he's a straight guy who disguised himself so he could get his rocks off by getting a peek at unsuspecting women. Which is illegal....and weird. It has nothing to do with the fundies claiming transgenders are attacking kids in the bathroom at Target.
Why should my daughters be exposed to male genitalia in the bathroom or locker room in order to help someone that is sexually confused feel better about themself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality