Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 10:37 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You would rather her shower with a girl who thinks she is a boy?

Your choice of words makes it seem like you have a very low opinion of transgender people.
There are 2 sexes -- male and female. Rather than facilitate the delusion by conditioning our children to think that it's normal for people to think they're a gender other than what they were born into, we ought to be helping them. We're not doing these folks any favors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 10:52 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
My apologies, now we're off topic of Target only. I guess I was thinking in the schools, with the recent declaration by Obama.
Then protest at your local school! Transgenders are less than one percent of the population so the chances of a trans child in Podunk are teeny tiny. But, since you seem to think your daughters might be subjected to a trans child in their midst.....you can get yourself a sign and carry your Bible and indulge in a favorite American past time: picketing.

Hey, Hey!
Ho, Ho!
Penises in School
Have got to go!!

Then, after a long day using the First Amendment , you can go home and cross the name of any child you suspect might be LGBT off the birthday party list. That'll show 'em!!

Old 05-19-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Then protest at your local school! Transgenders are less than one percent of the population so the chances of a trans child in Podunk are teeny tiny. But, since you seem to think your daughters might be subjected to a trans child in their midst.....you can get yourself a sign and carry your Bible and indulge in a favorite American past time: picketing.

Hey, Hey!
Ho, Ho!
Penises in School
Have got to go!!

Then, after a long day using the First Amendment , you can go home and cross the name of any child you suspect might be LGBT off the birthday party list. That'll show 'em!!
Why do you feel the need to try to belittle? What's wrong with a parent actually caring what their kid is exposed to? Is it possible for me to simply have a conviction about what is right and wrong? Why are WE wrong for having a conviction?

Old 05-19-2016, 11:03 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
I haven't heard that argument.

I have heard the argument though, that pedophiles can pose as the sexually confused and then harm children.
Have you known of an example? Many pedophiles (most are males) already go to men's washrooms. How many documented cases are there of them attacking boys? The danger already exists, right?

Old 05-19-2016, 11:06 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
There are 2 sexes -- male and female. Rather than facilitate the delusion by conditioning our children to think that it's normal for people to think they're a gender other than what they were born into, we ought to be helping them. We're not doing these folks any favors.
What about those born as hermaphrodites?

Old 05-19-2016, 11:06 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Because it would have been much more moral to allow evil people to go on living inflicting enormous pain, torture and violence on innocent people, right? One of those groups that you blame God for "murdering" would attack the wandering tribes from behind because that's where the elderly and weak slow defenseless people would be at the back of the line. These were not nice people that you think should have been spared judgement.
Oh Jeffery, I have to call you out on this one, buddy.

According to you (In many, many posts previously), your God didn't kill any innocents. So by that logic, they were inflicting no pain, torture, or violence on innocents.... So I am confused. Did your God murder a whole bunch of innocent people to kill the evil people, or did he kill only evil people, which means the above is false?

Old 05-19-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Have you known of an example? Many pedophiles (most are males) already go to men's washrooms. How many documented cases are there of them attacking boys? The danger already exists, right?
Google is a great tool. Took me roughly 4 seconds to find one.

Seattle man tests transgender rule by undressing in women's locker room

Old 05-19-2016, 11:07 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Why do you feel the need to try to belittle?
Urging you to picket is belittling? As someone who has picketed for causes I believe in I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that you have so little respect for we Americans who actually do more then complain about things on the internet.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:10 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Because it would have been much more moral to allow evil people to go on living inflicting enormous pain, torture and violence on innocent people, right? One of those groups that you blame God for "murdering" would attack the wandering tribes from behind because that's where the elderly and weak slow defenseless people would be at the back of the line. These were not nice people that you think should have been spared judgement.

"“Remember what Amalek did to you on the way as you were coming out of Egypt, (18) how he met you on the way and attacked your rear ranks, all the stragglers at your rear, when you were tired and weary; and he did not fear God."

Deuteronomy 25:17
Were the infants of the Amalekites evil?

Old 05-19-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Were the infants of the Amalekites evil?
Were they not? How do you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality