Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 08:56 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Thinking it was NOT a sadistic act by Jehovah just illustrates the tortured pretzel logic and lack of empathy required for fundamentalism.

Sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 08:59 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Is Abraham your hero Vizio?

Old 06-10-2016, 09:08 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well about 20 years ago Susan Smith did. She drowned her kids strapped in a car and drove it into a lake. Same motive as Abraham.
And a few hundred since then have all expressed their "faith" by killing their children or killing others..

How are these unfortunate people not like Abraham??

Name of Child Age Death Circumstances
Antonio Lopez 9 July 19, 2005 Magdalena Lopez murdered her two sons
Erik Lopez 2 July 19, 2005

Magdalena Lopez murdered her two sons Antonio and Erik on July 19, 2005 in Dyer, Indiana. Police reported that she beat her two sons to death with a ten-pound dumbbell because she thought they'd be better off in heaven. Both deaths were caused by massive skull fractures. Mrs. Lopez was quoted as saying, "They're in a much better place now."

Margaret Schlosser 10mo Nov 23, 2004

Suffering from postpartum depression, Dena Schlosser severed both of her daughter's arms in Plano, Texas on November 23, 2004; in a bout of religious fervor. Ten month old Margaret did not survive.

Joshua Keith Laney 8 May 10, 2003
Luke Allen Laney 6 May 10, 2003

Suffering from postpartum depression, intensely devout Deanna Laney murdered two of her sons and severely injured a third near Tyler, Texas on May 10, 2003. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity, and is now (2006) in the state mental facility at Rusk, Texas.

Samantha Mae Martin 6 Mar 29, 2002
Sherry Marie Delker murdered her daughter Samantha on March 29, 2002 in Austintown, Ohio. Mrs. Delker admitted to running her daughter down with her car outside a church. Police said she wanted
to send her daughter to a "better place." Sherry Delker is now serving twenty years to life in prison.

Noah Yates 7 June 20, 2001
John Yates 5 June 20, 2001
Paul Yates 3 June 20, 2001
Luke Yates 2 June 20, 2001
Mary Yates 6mo June 20, 2001

A severely depressed Andrea Pia Yates drowned her five children Noah, John, Paul, Luke, and Mary in the bathtub of her Clearlake area home in Houston, Texas, on June 20, 2001. Although Mrs. Yates was found guilty on two counts of capital murder, she now (February 2006) awaits a second trial in Houston. Her first conviction being overturned due to erroneous testimony by psychiatrist Dr. Park Dietz.

Nicholas Lemak 7 Mar 4, 1999 Marilyn Lemak murdered her three children
Emily Lemak 6 Mar 4, 1999 on March 4, 1999 in their Naperville,
Thomas Lemak 3 Mar 4, 1999 Illinois home. Mrs. Lemak feed the children
peanut butter laced with antidepressants,
laid them down to sleep, then smothered
them with her hands. She wanted to kill
the children and herself so they could
be reunited in a happier place. "She
perceived herself as a loving mother
tenderly taking her children into another
existence," stated psychiatrist Philip
Resnick.

Kouaeai Hang 11 Sept 3, 1998
Samson Hang 9 Sept 3, 1998
Nali Hang 8 Sept 3, 1998
Tang Lung Hang 7 Sept 3, 1998
Aee Hang 6 Sept 3, 1998
Tung Hang 5 Sept 3, 1998

On September 3, 1998, Khoua strangled her six children in St. Paul, Minnesota. She then hanged herself in a failed suicide attempt. Khoua had become a Christian after immigrating to the United States, and thought she would be reunited with the children in the afterlife. Prosecuter Chris Wilton stated, "I know
that she did this for religious reasons." Khoua Her was sentenced to fifty years
in prison.

Justin Thomas Riggs 5 Nov 4, 1997
Shelby Alexis Riggs 2 Nov 4, 1997

Christina Marie Riggs smothered her two children Justin and Shelby with a pillow in Sherwood, Arkansas. She then attempted suicide by swallowing twenty-eight Elavil tablets and injecting enough potassium
chloride to kill five people. Incredibly, she survived. Although the motivation for this crime appears to be the unhappy circumstances of Mrs. Riggs life, there is evidence that her religious beliefs as a
minimum made the crime easier to commit. She requested and received the death penalty, then fought for her right to die. From death row, she told an interviewer, "I'll be with my children and with God. I'll be where there's no more pain. Maybe I'll find some peace." She was executed by lethal injection outside
Pine Bluff, Arkansas, on May 3rd of 2000. In her last statement she proclaimed, "Now I can be with my babies, as I always intended."

Christina Gindorf 23mo Mar 28, 1985
Jason Gindorf 3mo Mar 28, 1985

Suffering from postpartum depression andfeeling totally alone and helpless in the world, Debra Lynn Gindorf fed her twenty-three month old daughter Christina and three month old son Jason lethal doses of crushed sleeping pills in a cup of juice. She then unsuccessfully attempted suicide. She believed she and her babies would be reunited in heaven, where they would be safe and happy together for eternity.

Children Murdered By Their Christian Parents Memorial Page

Old 06-10-2016, 09:42 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And a few hundred since then have all expressed their "faith" by killing their children or killing others..

How are these unfortunate people not like Abraham??
For starters, God did not tell them to do that. They had mental disorders. I mean...that's a really big one.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:53 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
For starters, God did not tell them to do that. They had mental disorders. I mean...that's a really big one.
But you KNOW your godling talked to Abraham because it's in an old story book.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:53 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Gotta love special pleading

Old 06-10-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
But you KNOW your godling talked to Abraham because it's in an old story book.
Again, the misrepresentations. That seems to be a trend with you.

No..we know that God (the Creator of the universe, not some godling) talked to Abraham because God said so--in that book, as well as others.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:06 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,902 times
Quote:

No..we know that God (the Creator of the universe, not some godling) talked to Abraham because God said so.

Are you using the Bible to prove the Bible?

How can you know that Abe didn't suffer from the very same affliction than those listed by zthat?

Old 06-10-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Are you using the Bible to prove the Bible?
I'm using 65 other books to prove Genesis. You do realize that the Bible is not just one book written by a goatherder, right? It's a collection of 66 books.
Quote:
How can you know that Abe didn't suffer from the very same affliction than those listed by zthat?
Because he actually saw God appear to him. The very child he was sacrificing was born to him when he was 100 years old and his barren wife was 90--as God had promised him. None of those other people you're referring to can say that.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:10 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:

No..we know that God (the Creator of the universe, not some godling) talked to Abraham because God said so--in that book, as well as others.
Lol.

By the same logic, we also know that everything I type is the absolute truth, because I'm telling you right now that everything I type is the absolute truth. How do we know this? Because there it is, typed out in plain English in the previous sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality