Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 12:43 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Did that happen?
Might want to dig out your notes from your Seminary days...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Ohhh poor thing. Do I give you the vapors?
He's turning Japanese, I really think so.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:45 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
I think he and others would be happy if you just decided to show a little bit of tolerance and respect for people that disagreed with you.
I have plenty of tolerance. This is me, showing restraint.

I have never blocked anyone. Not ever. Never will. Not even you. You speak for others now? Are you the designated spokesperson for others? Their champion perhaps?

Are they standing behind you, or did you step up to the terrible task of dealing with me?

Someone's gotta do it..... you tell her..... no you.

hahahahahahahaahahaha Thank you for the visual.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
I think he and others would be happy if you just decided to show a little bit of tolerance and respect for people that disagreed with you.
Thanks for quoting her post so bryan can read it.

I would have but I'm pretty sure bry-guy has me on his ignore list too.

He's another of the cowardly fundies.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:29 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
I have plenty of tolerance. This is me, showing restraint.
Restraint is great. Tolerance would be appreciated. At least coming from someone that claims to be the tolerance poster-child.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Ohhh poor thing. Do I give you the vapors? Do I send you to the fainting couch? Make you clutch your pearls perhaps? Hmmmmm?

I am unconcerned if I am on your ignore list. I will continue speaking to you, and others will read. You are not my only audience.

However, if someone chooses to quote my responses, you will get to read me in all of my glory.
Your responses are always quotable.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:05 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It sounds like you are literally on some kind of drug.
Tell us what drug creates love...and that doesn't wear off....it sounds like you have had experience.
Lucky you! My friend...get more.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Tell us what drug creates love...and that doesn't wear off....it sounds like you have had experience.
Lucky you! My friend...get more.
I really am jealous. It must be sweet to be legally "high" much of the time with no negative effects.

The rest of us have to rely on dangerous antidepressants and our broken mental health "care" system.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:43 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
To hear from God people must to have the baptism of Holy Spirit , which God expect all His children to have , then people need to talk and pray to God or God will never talk to them .................With demons evil spirit people can have short talk with them to identify them so they can caste them down to the pit every time , so if people leave demons on their space and know it , than this would be sin ....

Old 06-08-2016, 03:45 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I was temple deep in Christianity once upon a time, but no matter how serious I was about the faith, one thing I never really did or talk about is having conversations with God. I prayed, yes, and I used to believe the biblical God was out there listening to me, but I NEVER used the frequent, "God spoke to my heart" babble I seem to hear so often. So, it comes off to me as a very creepy thing when I scroll my Facebook newsfeed and peep in on some of the religious threads some of my friends are part of and see people talking about talking to God or him talking to them or them talking about God being by their side, directing them, helping them make life's decisions and so forth. It just seems creepy and crazy all at the same time.

If that is the case with their belief, then he is watching them have sex, take a crap, masturbating, picking their noses, pulling their underwear out their butt crack and other things we all do in private or when no one is watching, but God's watching, apparently.

Then there are the greasy looking televangelist who give these stories of themselves having these intimate conversations with God.

"So, I was sitting on my lawn chair and the lord came to me and said, 'go mow the lawn!' And then I said, 'why Lord?' Then, listen to this here! The Lord told me, 'don't ask me dumb questions! It needs mowing. You rather hear your wife's clap trap or mine?'

Yeah, like I said, creepy and crazy all at once.

Anyone else feel this way or see it like this?
Spirits really do speak to people but the problem is, people think that it is God. It is this spirit we are given instruction to overcome like Moses when he killed that Egyptian, like Elijah killing and judging everyone, and just like those disciples who said to Jesus,'' Shall we call fire down on their heads?''

If God gives his two witnesses power then a person really has his eyes opened but what he becomes is the great prophet of vanity which says,'' I am the only one left Lord.''

Jesus turned to those disciples and said,'' You speak by the spirit of your father Satan.''

Truth be known, spirits come and go through a person like wolves, and the person thinks it is God until he sees his vanity and then shuts the others up. All people who would follow Christ must be beheaded because the head they are following now is a fallen head, you have to symbolically and literally die to that spirit and because you have to die to it, it must first be shown in you so that you know and realize what is happening.

Revelation
Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God,.....

We are taught to die to that spirit of vanity and this means that you stop listening to the spirit speaking to you, and you realize by what spirit it is, it is pure vanity, it must be beheaded and a new head must be placed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality