Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 10:15 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Yup. No argument there.
Together with a couple of other members, I think I found you to be quite a reasonable Atheist to be engaged with, in a good conversation. Thanks.

Do you follow or play cricket, or just a class Rugby fan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 05:27 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
probably.

Yes, to some extent I do agree.
Logically speaking, how can an ONLY loving God create hell and punishment?
So that kinda conflicting attribute that does not impress me.

I think there is a common theme here as most Atheists on this forum come from some form of a Christianity background. So whenever they think about God, the automatically imagine the God of Christianity and the attributes associated to him. However, how do you define God in other faiths and the attributes associated with him, is something that many not even care to explore.
The outright reject The God (of Christianity) and cross the line to go into the camp of non-believers.

Either way, there is no "scientific, repeatable evidence"
Yes, exactly. They hold on to the most fundamental view of Christianity for dear life to rationalize their atheism and project all that on to all beliefs and become rigid in their intolerance. People who believe understand the varieties of religious experiences and have no need to invalidate other belief systems including atheism, which of course is a belief.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:39 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Yes, exactly. They hold on to the most fundamental view of Christianity for dear life to rationalize their atheism and project all that on to all beliefs and become rigid in their intolerance. People who believe understand the varieties of religious experiences and have no need to invalidate other belief systems including atheism, which of course is a belief.
I get my fundamental views from the gang leaders manifesto aka bible.

It likes killing babies 1Sam15

Old 05-10-2021, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
I get my fundamental views from the gang leaders manifesto aka bible.

It likes killing babies 1Sam15
Absolutely you do. How many times a day do you read the bible? Howcelse will you feed your atheism? Why dont you try something else?

Old 05-10-2021, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Absolutely you do. How many times a day do you read the bible? Howcelse will you feed your atheism? Why dont you try something else?
Like pretending like you do?

Old 05-10-2021, 06:27 AM

16,780 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Yes, exactly. They hold on to the most fundamental view of Christianity for dear life to rationalize their atheism and project all that on to all beliefs and become rigid in their intolerance.
Both false and ironically intolerant.

Quote:
People who believe understand the varieties of religious experiences and have no need to invalidate other belief systems including atheism, which of course is a belief.
Yes, we can point out any other false belief, unless it is religion. And many religious people DO try and invalidate other religions, so you can not use that to attack only atheism.

You are shining a spot light on your intolerance and your insecurity about your own beliefs.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
So reading the bible is food for atheism/nonbelief?

I like that. This should be on a tee shirt.

You’re so much a hoot you don’t even know it.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:51 AM

Quote:
So reading the bible is food for atheism/nonbelief?

I like that. This should be on a tee shirt.

You’re so much a hoot you don’t even know it.
The Tshirt will be a hit, and you are free to use it. You are welcome

Old 05-10-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
The Tshirt will be a hit, and you are free to use it. You are welcome
So cb2008, how often do you read the Bible?

Is that why you are not a christian?

Old 05-10-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
So cb2008, how often do you read the Bible?

Is that why you are not a christian?
And how often do you beat your wife?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality