Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 07:53 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is a pretty short forever!

John 14:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

He will reprove the WORLD, doesn't seem to limit it in any way. Reprove means to reprimand, disabuse or stop sin, righteousness and judgment. Why do any of you still concern yourselves with them????

John 16:7-14 King James Version (KJV)
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Those words were spoken to disciples who received the spirit of Pentecost. They were converts to Judaism and while Christianity makes a claim on a spirit in Judaism, they are not converts to Judaism and the majority reject the Pentecost altogether and how would somebody be given a spirit of Pentecost when they reject the entire ideal of the thing?

Jews keep Shavuot, not Christians and while Christians make a claim on the spirit of Shavuot, it is about the same if Christians made a claim in Islamic Holy days or Wiccan Holy days, or the holy days of Hinduism.

They don't keep the Holy days of Hinduism, nor do they keep the days of Islam, and they don't keep the holy days of Judaism and so why make a claim on a Holy day somebody doesn't keep?

It cannot be done, what was written to those converts of Judaism came true, the spirit never left them, but it left the world when the people who kept the feasts of Judaism were killed off. Christians killed off anyone who kept the Pentecost but they will claim to have a spirit from a feast in Judaism.

It doesn't make any sense.

Christians need to claim a spirit from Christmas, from Babylonian spirits, from the winter solstice, from weeping for Tammuz, why would they claim a spirit from something they don't even believe in? Should Christians believe in the spirit of Rome? They do not believe in the spirits given on the feasts of Judaism because they don't practice the feasts of Judaism, and so what has a Christian to do with the gift of Pentecost?

Why would they claim a spirit given to those who keep the feasts of Judaism when they neither keep it or believe in it?

Is it your opinion that Christians should keep and believe in Shavuot?

I don't mean for this to be offensive but I believe in the feast days of Christ and the promises associated with those feast days, should those promises be given to Wiccans, to Muslims, to Romans, to Hindus?

They are promises to those who keep the feasts of Jesus.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-25-2016 at 08:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 03:54 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
You stated that you believe in a consciousness field, collective consciousness, or God consciousness.

These are supernatural claims because there isn't any way to obtain verifiable evidence for the existence of these things. The only consciousness that we can verify the existence of is the consciousness of individual life forms, including that of humans.
MysticPhD has his own dictionary. Who are you to question his re-definition of the English language?

Old 06-26-2016, 04:15 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as supernatural!Read the posts above.
Reread the resonance description or educate yourself about resonance, dissonance, and harmonics. Everything is vibratory and the compatibility rests on resonance and harmonics. Only perfect resonance results in identity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
You stated that you believe in a consciousness field, collective consciousness, or God consciousness.
These are supernatural claims because there isn't any way to obtain verifiable evidence for the existence of these things. The only consciousness that we can verify the existence of is the consciousness of individual life forms, including that of humans.
No, they are not supernatural claims.Everything that exists is a manifestation of the unified field that Einstein revealed but was unable to measure that produces the equivalent manifestations we call energy/mass/momentum. Our consciousnesses are manifestations of that field and there is plenty of evidence of their existence. Since there is more than one of us producing consciousness then there is by logic a collective consciousness within reality. The unified field exists and I choose to name it God because it produces consciousness. NONE of that is supernatural.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:28 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
No, they are not supernatural claims.Everything that exists is a manifestation of the unified field that Einstein revealed but was unable to measure that produces the equivalent manifestations we call energy/mass/momentum. Our consciousnesses are manifestations of that field and there is plenty of evidence of their existence. Since there is more than one of us producing consciousness then there is by logic a collective consciousness within reality. The unified field exists and I choose to name it God because it produces consciousness. NONE of that is supernatural.
what unifies an ant colony? What "unifies" a CD (compact disk) to be a compact disk? "empty space" is something, that's true, but what you call a "unified field" is better described as a set of interacting fields causing an illusion of "unified", like a "football game" is a set of events,interacting, that we call "one event". The unified field we call a "football game".

I am not sure why you do not see that.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:19 AM

18,498 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
[citation needed]

Old 06-27-2016, 08:56 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I believe in god and I believe he answers prayers.... I think the reason atheists don't believe in god is because they have never personally experienced his goodness in their live like me, or they just don't have the need to believe in a Higher Power. Whatever floats your boat I guess. I think its sad when religious people condemn atheists as sinners, or when skeptics of a Higher Power are so condescending toward those of us who believe in God. There is no need to be hateful and nasty toward one another.
I agree with your sentiment even if I do not believe in a god or that prayers are answered. As long as one side does not try to force their religious beliefs onto everyone else or the other side does not try to outlaw a religious belief we should all be able to get along without name calling and insults. Personally I think the majority of animosity on this forum comes as a result is from what a person says and how they say it as opposed to what they believe or do not believe.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:05 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I agree with your sentiment even if I do not believe in a god or that prayers are answered. As long as one side does not try to force their religious beliefs onto everyone else ....
...but you know that won't happen. Christians won't be happy until they have us all back living as they lived a thousand years ago. Not me old sport. I will fight it to the end.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:09 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...but you know that won't happen. Christians won't be happy until they have us all back living as they lived a thousand years ago. Not me old sport. I will fight it to the end.

I think you mean some or even many Christians. I know that problem is greater in some countries than others but one should not use such a broad brush.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:15 AM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I totally agree with respect to conservative / fundamentalist / inerrantist Christians. Liberals are far less harmful even if some of their "everyone's beliefs are worthy of acceptance and respect" tripe can be tiresome and dysfunctional in its own right.

Sadly, while I am opposed not to religion as such, but to its whiny demands of unearned respect and deference in the marketplace of ideas and its constant special pleading and the like ... in practice since they mostly won't let go of that because of the implications for their house of cards constructed on the failed epistemology of religious faith ... I end up acting like I am opposed to religion. I really am not, as such, but ... given that they can never truly live and let live without admitting that religious faith is a failed epistemology ... and can therefore never have either epistemological humility or intellectual integrity ... okay, yeah, alright, I will fight it to the end too [sigh].

Old 06-27-2016, 10:45 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
^Well, mordant, if you don't like our acceptance tripe, which of course includes atheism, doesn't that put you firmly in the intolerance camp right next to your fundy friends?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality