Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 06:20 PM

595 posts, read 332,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
We don't have to do that.
Please. I am begging you.

Change t-shirts if you like. But shed the bad habits of the fundy xtians as much as you can to go with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 07:21 PM

27,577 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Nah...he just figured y'all out real quick.
Not that it's hard to do.
The most biased and hateful crew, replete with prejudicial proclamations...the other side of the Westboro Bap Crew.
Actually....I think y'all are worse. Cuz you try to pretend you're sumthin ur not. At least they lay their cards on the table.
And when many take exception to the hateful bashing, insults, mocking, and criticism...y'all call it "off topic".
As if the topics on a board titled "Religion & Spirituality" should be insulting those that embrace Religion & Spirituality, and cheering any downturn in that you can find.
The chickens always come home to roost, eventually.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:55 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
Please. I am begging you.

Change t-shirts if you like. But shed the bad habits of the fundy xtians as much as you can to go with it.
I am with ya mitch. But I don't do t-shirts, I do "how the universe works". you make a claim, I address that claim. Each and every claim you make about your god I will cross check and is compared to the standard model. But there are emotional solution sets that allude us that have less emotion , use physics, or those without agendas. And we get sticked in a muck about like this. they can twist us up because the facts is a narrower road then "how I need it to be" roads..

I posted about the phrase babies are born atheist? "scientifically" its a dead wrong claim. But its being used as a response to the more emotional question "where do babies go if they are not baptized?" and/or as an "ad", as in marketing ploy.

1) makes a great bumper sticker. anyone can see that, come on now, its a good one.

2) the question of " where babies go before baptism" shows a total lack of understanding of Jesus' message. I know you agree with that. So the equally absurd answer of 'babies are born atheists" is a response to a fool. Its not any more real that babies are unsaved.

next: I know you said this, and I think they missed it. Fundy-mentals that think babies need baptism to be "saved" are sick and we don't have to be like that. weather we believe in god or not. Thats what i got out of your post. Is that right?

Old 07-20-2016, 08:56 PM

595 posts, read 332,037 times
Quote:
I am with ya mitch. But I don't do t-shirts, I do "how the universe works". you make a claim, I address that claim. Each and every claim you make about your god I will cross check and is compared to the standard model. But there are emotional solution sets that allude us that have less emotion , use physics, or those without agendas. And we get sticked in a muck about like this. they can twist us up because the facts is a narrower road then "how I need it to be" roads..
switching t-shirts refers to changing from team theist to team atheist.

Quote:
2) the question of " where babies go before baptism" shows a total lack of understanding of Jesus' message. I know you agree with that. So the equally absurd answer of 'babies are born atheists" is a response to a fool. Its not any more real that babies are unsaved.
The question certainly uncovers an embarrassment to the magical xtian Gnostic legalists which has them falling all over themselves with excuses and exceptions which don't make much sense.

As for me...
1. I don't hold with such a gospel of salvation by believing the correct dogmas (or any beliefs at all).
2. I don't hold with a gospel of salvation by performing the correct rituals.
3. I believe babies are born completely innocent.
4. And I don't believe than anybody is SENT to hell. I believe hell exists because I see it in the world and what I see is a creation of human beings not God. So I think the reality is that hell is what some people create around them wherever they go, and the one thing nobody can ever escape from is themself. Hell is not in the scenery but in the inhabitants.
5. God's goal throughout the OT was to make a people who had the law of God written on their heart, which means they do what is right for its own sake not because they are looking for kudos or rewards. A lot of atheists fit that description better than most Christians.

Quote:
next: I know you said this, and I think they missed it. Fundy-mentals that think babies need baptism to be "saved" are sick and we don't have to be like that. weather we believe in god or not. Thats what i got out of your post. Is that right?
Must have been somebody else. No what they missed, I guess, is that I wasn't a part of that discussion at all, so their references to this different topic just looked like excuses to me. And perhaps the fault in me which they could have caught was that I was jumping on a favorite soapbox in this matter.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:56 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
As for me...
1. I don't hold with such a gospel of salvation by believing the correct dogmas (or any beliefs at all).
4. And I don't believe than anybody is SENT to hell. I believe hell exists because I see it in the world and what I see is a creation of human beings not God. So I think the reality is that hell is what some people create around them wherever they go, and the one thing nobody can ever escape from is themself. Hell is not in the scenery but in the inhabitants.
5. God's goal throughout the OT was to make a people who had the law of God written on their heart, which means they do what is right for its own sake not because they are looking for kudos or rewards. A lot of atheists fit that description better than most Christians.
There is so little that we disagree about, mitch, our metaphysical differences are between what is scientifically supportable and magic, and we disagree about which is which..

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-20-2016 at 11:31 PM..

Old 07-20-2016, 10:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The chickens always come home to roost, eventually.
What's that supposed to mean?
That the "Hateful Religious" deserve the hate that is now put on them by the Atheists?
To someone like me that is neither Religious or Atheist, I just see a whole lot of hating.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
What's that supposed to mean?
That the "Hateful Religious" deserve the hate that is now put on them by the Atheists?
To someone like me that is neither Religious or Atheist, I just see a whole lot of hating.
Weird.

Because I'm neither religious or atheist and don't feel the hate from anyone but Christian fundies.

And the sycophant who switches sides depending on who he thinks is cool this week.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:05 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Nah...he just figured y'all out real quick.
Not that it's hard to do.
The most biased and hateful crew, replete with prejudicial proclamations...the other side of the Westboro Bap Crew.
Actually....I think y'all are worse. Cuz you try to pretend you're sumthin ur not. At least they lay their cards on the table.
And when many take exception to the hateful bashing, insults, mocking, and criticism...y'all call it "off topic".
As if the topics on a board titled "Religion & Spirituality" should be insulting those that embrace Religion & Spirituality, and cheering any downturn in that you can find.
Steady man! You'll need a bigger supply of tissues now that you have someone else other than Mystic to orgasm over.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:34 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
switching t-shirts refers to changing from team theist to team atheist.
I know that. I only address a claims. That's it. You make a claim or I make a claim. I then check the claim to what we do know. I don't compare it to my t-shirt. I am not on any team that holds colors up as the support for a claim. Just because a wacked ex-Christian wears the same t-shirt, I am not obligated to defend him.

thats what 99 meant. He was talking about atheist like me and degrasse. 99 and I don't agree on the final conclusions. But he understands the evidence. I am less t-shirt based then trout and 99. But not by much. I choose love, compassion, and understanding, I don't give a hoot what t-shirt they ware. if you want to help, I am in. if you want to fight, I am going to ask you "who?" because when people like me bring it ... we understand the talking is over, innocent people will get hurt.

I am atheist by definition, but that's just a word. when an atheist claims "nothing" or "by accident" or "random chance", I am on them quickly about what those claims mean. You claim Jesus died, woke up, and flew away. I don't compare that to my t-shirt to say "you're wrong.".

I am anti T-shirt based belief. I don't do blind faith. Knowledge answers vs. belief answer is philosophic nonsense used to intentionally confuse people. Or puff up some self induced something-or-another. That allows BS based answers supported by t-shirt colored axioms. Ummm, yeah, not here.

Quote:
The question certainly uncovers an embarrassment to the magical xtian Gnostic legalists which has them falling all over themselves with excuses and exceptions which don't make much sense.
As for me...
exactly.

that's all it does, the phrase "babies born atheist". It addresses just what you said above. It's a comedic commercial, it's not literal fact. I don't take anybody seriously that believes "babies are born atheist" if they are trying to push it as fact. That what gld means when he claim we are not being honest when pushing it as fact. He 1/2 right there.

But taken in the context that people have to input a lot of info into a baby to make it "religious" is logical. But it has a bit of comedic relief when said like "Babies are born atheist. I mean the first thing I did was laugh and think "that's clever." like any cleaver bumper sticker, its short, sweet, and says volumes. and may lighten up this fight to the death. It's Not literally true. Only wacko's would think that. again, we don't have to side with a wacko in an atheist t-shirt,

Do you remember "where's the beef." commercial? it just like that.

Quote:
Must have been somebody else. No what they missed, I guess, is that I wasn't a part of that discussion at all, so their references to this different topic just looked like excuses to me. And perhaps the fault in me which they could have caught was that I was jumping on a favorite soapbox in this matter.
I am sorry, maybe its me. But didn't you just say it again? above? in your list? I tend to cut things down to see what "axioms" are being used.

"... certainly uncovers an embarrassment to the magical xtian Gnostic legalists..."

to me, This is long winded for "don't follow a fundy-mental". Or an atheist-fundy-mental.
sorry man, its me, you can take the boy out of the city, ...

Last edited by Arach Angle; 07-21-2016 at 04:49 AM..

Old 07-21-2016, 05:29 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Weird.

Because I'm neither religious or atheist and don't feel the hate from anyone but Christian fundies.

And the sycophant who switches sides depending on who he thinks is cool this week.

You should know by now that the mere act of disagreeing with some theists, not accepting their claims without reservation, even though theists often have separate and contradictory claims, and , most of all, daring to insist there is no evidence for what they claim, is persecution on your part . Hateful , combative , intolerant persecution .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality