Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 11:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

I am content with that. I do in fact have a keen interest in the things Hidden and beyond, but I find they are adequately -or at least more safely - approached through reason and evidence -based information and not through free improvisation on scripture that apparently fails the test of being factually reliable.

Matters of morality are being understood first through reason and then through science. As in pretty much everything else i can think of, this has proved t be the case. religious books when taken as fact of metaphor have failed to produce anything of value and it is science that that produced the facts that religion then has to belatedly discover in the pages of the Holy Book, whodathunkit - it was advanced knowledge there all the time. But nothing going beyond, it seems. But waiting o the next scientific discovery to 'find' in a rummage through the scriptures.

No, I don't see the value of speculation on religious text. I feel that such musings are more restricted nd parochial in fact than following the evidence, wherever it leads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 12:40 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
But waiting o the next scientific discovery to 'find' in a rummage through the scriptures.

No, I don't see the value of speculation on religious text. I feel that such musings are more restricted nd parochial in fact than following the evidence, wherever it leads.

Maybe the truth had to be carefully hidden so not just anyone could find the tree of life.

The one person who found it was Da Vinci, yeah, I know that sounds crazy from jump street but Da Vinci didn't leave paintings behind, he left documents for somebody to come and read one day. Anyone who can read Da Vinci is afraid to read it to the public but it will be read and translated. I keep putting it off because I am afraid of what it would mean. But if you take the greatest genius that has ever lived and have him explain the hidden truth of the bible, nobody in history can stand next to Da Vinci's understanding of it.

Blah, blah, yeah that crazy and yet it is true, even if Da Vinci didn't even believe in God, he found the secrets, he found the simple hidden design that runs through the whole bible.

I figure Da Vinci read it once and knew it right away, but there is coming a day when the whole world will celebrate Da Vinci for what he left behind. He couldn't have told anyone in his day because they would have burned him as a witch.

I keep talking about this but I keep putting off setting an appointment with a Newspaper, but I have seriously been thinking of doing it so's I can stop thinking about it but that would make me the most hated man in the world.

Genesis 3:22
Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever "--

Old 06-20-2016, 01:42 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,233,374 times
Quote:
...I do in fact have a keen interest in the things Hidden and beyond, but I find they are adequately -or at least more safely - approached through reason and evidence -based information....No, I don't see the value of speculation on religious text. I feel that such musings are more restricted and parochial in fact than following the evidence, wherever it leads.
then they're not hidden are they?
when I say superficial, I don't mean that as an insult, but as an actual descriptive term meaning not going beneath the surface of what is readily apparent

for instance evaluating a person by their appearance is superficial. or by their job. or by their income. or by the letters after their name. or by their vocabulary.

same thing for a text.
the value of something is always beneath the superficial. always.
and the greater the value of the treasure, the more it is hidden

see?

Old 06-20-2016, 01:58 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
see?
Interesting, if rather bizarre, view of God's truth. Why on earth would our loving Father want to make anything so obscure????

Old 06-20-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Interesting, if rather bizarre, view of God's truth. Why on earth would our loving Father want to make anything so obscure
the body is physical and tangible and can be weighed and measured by science.
the soul can not.
which is more valuable?

a woman's beauty may be dazzling and eye-catching.
her integrity is not visible.
which is more valuable?

you have $5,000,000 in gold. where do you keep it?
in a pile on the sidewalk in front of your house?
or in the safe on the wall hidden behind the fake panel?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-20-2016 at 02:13 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Interesting, if rather bizarre, view of God's truth. Why on earth would our loving Father want to make anything so obscure????
Quote:
the body is physical and tangible and can be weighed and measured by science.
the soul can not.
which is more valuable?
NOT an answer to my question. What kind of God do you claim to love and follow who would play such games with those He wants to follow Him????

Old 06-20-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
NOT an answer to my question. What kind of God do you claim to love and follow who would play such games with those He wants to follow Him?
why do you consider it a game to see beyond the superficial?
it is wisdom, discernment, intelligence, perception, common sense

we are to look beyond the revealed to know that which is concealed
we are to look beyond the superficial to understand that which is deeper, more meaningful, more valuable, more precious

why? because of who we become in the process
why? because the purpose of being human is to know and recognize and be in relationship with the Divine

we are to look beyond the physical, beyond the superficial, to know the truth of Divinity

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-20-2016 at 04:59 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
then they're not hidden are they?
when I say superficial, I don't mean that as an insult, but as an actual descriptive term meaning not going beneath the surface of what is readily apparent

for instance evaluating a person by their appearance is superficial. or by their job. or by their income. or by the letters after their name. or by their vocabulary.

same thing for a text.

see?
As the theists are always telling us, there are always things that are hidden, or at least not known.

Quote:
For once we are in agreement. Though I thought your system incorporated a learning -curve. So not revealing everything too obviously might have some point?

Old 06-20-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
For once we are in agreement. Though I thought your system incorporated a learning -curve. So not revealing everything too obviously might have some point?
Yes, there is a learning curve for all offspring and we must achieve it independently as children of God. Otherwise, we would not be as self-reliant as our Father. We must come to the spiritual conclusions on our own so we actually own them and they reflect our true character. Obedient pets can exhibit the appropriate behaviors without a clue as to why they are appropriate. That is why obedience is pointless.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 06-20-2016 at 08:12 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, there is a learning curve for all offspring and we must achieve it independently as children of God. Otherwise, we would not be as self-reliant as our Father. We must come to the spiritual conclusions on our own so we actually own them and they reflect our true character. Obedient pets can exhibit the appropriate behaviors without a clue as to why they are appropriate.
So Hannibal's take has some merit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality