Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 03:12 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
still waiting for an answer Mystic:

can you go 90 days on CD without insulting, ridiculing, belittling, mocking and without using any derisive language? if not....why not?

because that is the face you show the world here on CD. the language you use in your posts broadcasts loud and clear what you are adding to the world. are you adding light to the world or verbal feces? if a person can't walk the talk, their message of "love" has no credibility and is empty words. the word "hypocrisy" comes to mind = " the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
Tzap ... several people are indicating that they are not seeing the same thing you are. We could all be wrong, but might you consider the possibility that it is you with a mistaken perception?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 03:28 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
still waiting for an answer Mystic:

can you go 90 days on CD without insulting, ridiculing, belittling, mocking and without using any derisive language? if not....why not?

because that is the face you show the world here on CD. the hateful bigoted language you use in your posts broadcasts loud and clear what you are adding to the world. are you adding light to the world or verbal feces? if a person can't walk the talk, their message of "love" has no credibility and is empty words. the word "hypocrisy" comes to mind = " the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense."
I think what you are displaying here is an incredibly controlling dynamic. Also splitting behavior (= black and white, all or nothing thinking, failing to bring together positive and negative qualities into a cohesive, realistic whole). Much as I disagree with Mystic and have at times felt less than kindly treated by him myself, I, like others here, am not seeing the level of vituperation you are claiming. Nor have I generally seen it in others you have pointed it out in, to anywhere near the degree your suggesting especially -- while at the same time I see you willing to overlook a TON of pretense and condescension in some of the posters here so long as they make pretense and condescend in ways that don't challenge your beliefs or press your buttons.

Ask yourself if you would rather be right or happy in this instance, Tz. Your one-person crusade to remake the world to behave to suit you would accomplish little but to agitate you, even if it were entirely justified.

Besides, you have called Mystic insulting, ridiculing, belittling, mocking, derisive, hypocritical, pretentious ... and I have a feeling that you won't like me suggesting you might be controlling, splitting, and overdetermined, because that would be insulting, ridiculing, belittling, mocking, derisive, hypocritical and pretentious of me to say. To YOU anyway.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:13 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
...several people are indicating that they are not seeing the same thing you are...
Mystic knows exactly what we're talking about,
no matter how many other people he tries to hide behind.

what others see or don't see is of no concern to me.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Mystic knows exactly what we're talking about,
no matter how many other people he tries to hide behind.

what others see or don't see is of no concern to me.
I've NEVER seen Mystic hide behind anyone. What you see is what you get. He takes his lumps from the people who disagree with him and moves on.

Which is what this thread should do......

Old 06-21-2016, 05:51 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Actually, God didn't take them back. He arranged for David's son to have sex with (rape, I assume) David's multiple wives (THE ONES GOD GAVE HIM) in public to humiliate David.
This is a great story. I think I'll do this one in my first grade sunday school class.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:56 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Perhaps it would make more sense to Viz if you used words like "condoned". He's afraid he'll "condone" homosexuality if he doesn't decry it as sin. Well ... god didn't decry polygamy as sin. Thereby, he condoned it. He certainly didn't declare slavery to be sinful; he even gave instructions how to correctly go about being a slaveowner. So ... god condones slavery too. Something that horrifies mere human conscience today. Funny thing, that.
He not only instructed how to be a good slaveowner, he also gave specific instructions on how to beat a slave to within an inch of his life so as not to have his chosen people losing valuable chattel. With gods likes that who needs enemies?

Old 06-21-2016, 10:12 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
He not only instructed how to be a good slaveowner, he also gave specific instructions on how to beat a slave to within an inch of his life so as not to have his chosen people losing valuable chattel. With gods likes that who needs enemies?
A god like that produced enemies.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:58 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Folks, this thread has to remain on topic.

It is NOT about scrutinizing other member(s).

Thanks,
~June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality