Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:08 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,942,152 times

Advertisements

I can't believe the juvenile demonstration put on by this fundamentalist group. And they don't think people will disabuse them and question any ability to have synapses that go beyond rote?

By the way, Chuck Missier, who you are watching, has been accused of, and he acknowledges, that numerous times that books he wrote were plagiarized. So much for all that Christian morality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504

Old 06-22-2016, 12:18 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,793,533 times
I'm not exactly sure what I just watched there - but it was plenty weird!

Old 06-22-2016, 12:58 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,841,085 times

Quote:
"If the theory of evolution was viable, then I should, occasionally, by subjecting this [he holds up a jar of peanut butter] to energy, end up having new life."
Got that?

He thinks that the Theory of Evolution predicts that when we 'subject to energy' (from the context of the video, by 'energy' he apparently means lightning) jars of peanut butter, new life should sometimes result.

That is definitely the dumbest thing I've read today! (probably this week - maybe even this month)

I wonder what C-D handle he posts under?

Old 06-22-2016, 01:39 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Got that?

He thinks that the Theory of Evolution predicts that when we 'subject to energy' (from the context of the video, by 'energy' he apparently means lightning) jars of peanut butter, new life should sometimes result.

That is definitely the dumbest thing I've read today! (probably this week - maybe even this month)

I think he was going to American Pie it.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:00 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,613,557 times
weren't the peanuts once alive?

Old 06-22-2016, 03:08 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,942,152 times
Quote:

Got that?

We don't have anybody that obtuse on here do we?

(Not that I will name any names, but yeah, we actually do. In spades!)

Old 06-22-2016, 03:35 PM

20,091 posts, read 13,546,429 times
Quote:
The reality is that a lot of fundamentalists WANT and NEED to believe so they will accept the thinnest of rationalizations to support their belief. Guys like this don't need to make sense, they just need to sound authoritative and be passable public speakers willing to go on record with a provocative angle and an air of confidence. As my dear mother used to say, "they" wouldn't let them say it if it wasn't true. She really believed you couldn't just make stuff up or "they" would come and take you away, or god would strike you down, or something. I am glad for her sake that she wasn't around long enough to be disabused of that notion, I think it would have crushed her. She was a good, honest woman who just couldn't imagine "men of god" and "lying" in the same sentence. And yet here in this video is one doing it, in spades.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:14 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,225,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I can't believe the juvenile demonstration put on by this fundamentalist group. And they don't think people will disabuse them and question any ability to have synapses that go beyond rote?

By the way, Chuck Missier, who you are watching, has been accused of, and he acknowledges, that numerous times that books he wrote were plagiarized. So much for all that Christian morality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504
Amazing how you continue to find the fringe types and you imply that this is what Christianity stands for.

Yay. Yet another post that is seemingly deliberately offensive or provocative with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:14 PM

17,846 posts, read 13,768,105 times
From what I understand, Stanley Miller tried peanut butter before he switched to methane, hydrogen. ammonia, and water.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:17 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,231,552 times
I'm by no means an expert on evolution, but I'm like 99% sure that their explanation of what evolution teaches is completely incorrect. Evolution is a process of life changing over long periods of time, based on natural selection. It does not state HOW life started, and thus the 'peanut butter argument' which would be stupid all the same even if evolution meant what they think it means, is basically unrelated.

I think this one might be worse that Ray Comfort's banana argument. Which is pretty impressive actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality