Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 12:52 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times

Advertisements

Considering the scandal that the Catholic church has covered up, one would think this policy was done to protect children. Nope, it was not. It is so priests can back each other up.

What sickens one is that they still really don't get it. Their spokesman, Father Sarrazin, the chancellor of the archdioceses, made the following statement, one that just turns my stomach:
Sarrazin said while the church has been rocked in recent years by allegations of sexual abuse of children, those allegations aren't always founded.

"To give [their story] importance, a child can give an account of an incident that isn't always true," he said.
They just don't get it, do they? This is done to protect priests, not children, even though they suggest that is one of the three reasons for the new policy. My anger seethes, and I better stop, or I will earn a ban.

Montreal priests to be prohibited from being alone with children - Montreal - CBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 01:01 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Yay. Apparently it's another deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:22 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
No they do not get it. Who would be offended by exposing men of religion as the terrible people they are?

It is easy to call children liars to protect your own self interests. Men of religion are good at protecting their own self interests.

Thank you Cupper. These men need to be exposed at every opportunity.

Viz you have the opportunity to start up your good guy thread, yet you are drawn to this. Think.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Viz you have the opportunity to start up your good guy thread, yet you are drawn to this. Think.
No. I really don't.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yay. Apparently it's another deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
You know, Vizio, do you really think that if these 'problems' were not so prevalent, that there would be a need to discuss them? They are insidious, as many are being perpetrated by a class of people who society has traditionally viewed as leaders, and whose morals one should aspire to. Now in the age of the internet, those that hid behind the curtain are being exposed to the moral deceptive and decrepit creatures they really are. Nothing is more sacred than a child's innocence and nothing is more holy than that child's well being. For these monsters to dance and wiggle around the real issue makes we wish there really was a hell they could spend their eternity in, because they deserve no less.

Yes, every time I become aware of these crimes against innocents, you bet you will hear from me. Don't like it? Find a way to get those critters out of the ministry they are in before their crimes start.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You know, Vizio, do you really think that if these 'problems' were not so prevalent, that there would be a need to discuss them?
I think you'd find something else to make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

That's just my opinion, though.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
No. I really don't.
Yes. You do. You just don't like the parameters. Nothing is stopping you, and you know it.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I think you'd find something else to make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

That's just my opinion, though.
If you find child sexual abuse by those that are part of a ministry offensive, you should.

If you find ministers/priest who hide behind the curtain of moral authority offensive, you should.

If you find religious organizations who protect their ministerial members offensive, you should.

If you support any of those ministerial members or organizations, then you are the one who is offensive.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
If you find child sexual abuse by those that are part of a ministry offensive, you should.

If you find ministers/priest who hide behind the curtain of moral authority offensive, you should.

If you find religious organizations who protect their ministerial members offensive, you should.

If you support any of those ministerial members or organizations, then you are the one who is offensive.
I have never suggested any of that is good, but I do get tired of people that post deliberately offensive or provocative online postings with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I have never suggested any of that is good, but I do get tired of people that post deliberately offensive or provocative online postings with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
Cupper's posts draw you. You are offended by his posts about offensive clergy. These men are out there, and need to be exposed, and a light shined on their actions and words.

For someone who claims to love the Constitution, the free speech of others seems to bother you.

You are the only person complaining about being upset. You have a remedy and you refuse to take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality