Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 07:59 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
All of them minus one . . . me.
All them -including you - were in denial about being beaten. But all them -except you - had no audience to see them being beaten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 04:09 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
All them -including you - were in denial about being beaten. But all them -except you - had no audience to see them being beaten.
I could continue this childish tit-for-tat exchange but defer the childishness to you. Carry on.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I could continue this childish tit-for-tat exchange but defer the childishness to you. Carry on.

What? I was done long since: case made; yours trashed. It is only your denialist backchat that is keeping it going. Stop whenever you like.

I do of course welcome discussion from anyone who has some new argument to make, though I will leave Scriptual food -fights to those who enjoy them., and

And there's more where that came from!

Old 07-09-2016, 06:47 PM

10,022 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
That and "Behold, I am coming soon."
Please keep in mind Matthew 24 and Luke 21 have both a minor and a major fullfillment:
In Jesus' day the minor fullfillment came in the year 70 when unfaithful Jerusalem was destroyed by the Roman armies.
Revelation 1:10 is set for our day or time frame placing the MAJOR fulfillment for our day's generation.
So, Jesus would be coming soon at a time in our day.
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25:31-33 when Jesus, as shepherd, will separate the humble sheep-like people from the haughty goat-like people.
We are also at the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14 with the international spreading about the good news of God's kingdom.
We are also nearing the ' final signal ' of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying, " Peace and Security " as a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.

In the meantime, we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 "Come Lord Jesus !"

Old 07-09-2016, 07:29 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,079 times
Bible says When Israel becomes a Nation again, that Generation would see the 2nd coming The shortest Generation is around 35 years and the longest is around 65 years (in the Bible) ~ Question is, are you ready for it? Are you ready when Jesus comes back "like a thief in the night" (meaning you won't be aware of it, when it happens) to claim what's His, the Chests with lights in them (the souls, that have been "reborn with the Holy Spirit of God", the Great "I am").

We'll all find out when the coming "Global Vaccine" defines everyone by death or life. For that is the true "Rapture of the Church" moment- the "Body of Christ" (those reborn with the Holy Spirit of God).

God said He knew Us BEFORE we were conceived. That being, then We knew Him.
It's a REDEMPTION PROCESS.
Jesus is the Redeemer of Mankind.
Those who are of Him (true Christians) are the Redeemed.

We are the Fallen and one day to late, we all will remember who we are.

Seek Jesus now and become "born again" ~ and live forever with Him and His Father.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:34 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,079 times
When Jesus was telling men what type of person would see Heaven, He was telling people what type of people they use to be.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:35 AM

Thanks the pair of you. Just to put in my 2 on how an atheist sees your posts. One says the destruction of the temple is the signal for the Last Days and 2nd comng, and the other makes it the rebuilding of Israel.

To me, it looks like there is a timing problem. The Temple is long gone and Israel made a state over 70 years ago. How long is this going to take?

Signs of the times have been popping up all through my lifetime, and I doubt that N Korean Missiles, Islamic states, GM crops or gay marriage is going to be a Sign any more than the Cuba crisis, the cold war, Vietnam or 9/11 has been.

Some say it will only be when the 3rd temple is built. They have the money and the ritual vessels of Gold all ready. No doubt John Cleese will donate his Caiaphas costume. All they need is the permission and the site.

Eusebius will solve that last: it is the Ophel Car - parking lot.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:05 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Default Eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
That and "Behold, I am coming soon."
Uhhhh, you don't understand the word eternity.

It doesn't mean "forever" it means "without/time."

Eternity is Not A Long Time, it is All Time. - Community in Mission : Community in Mission

There were Christians who lived to see Jesus in the first generation (they were martyrs). There are Christians who have seen the face of Jesus today. There will be Christians who see Jesus years or centuries from now.

The rest will not see Jesus, because they have no desire to see Jesus.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:13 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

Eusebius will solve that last: it is the Ophel Car - parking lot.
As will those who read what the late Dr. Ernest Martin brought up concerning where the temple actually was. Yes, they will solve it.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:39 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Uhhhh, you don't understand the word eternity.

It doesn't mean "forever" it means "without/time."

Eternity is Not A Long Time, it is All Time. - Community in Mission : Community in Mission

There were Christians who lived to see Jesus in the first generation (they were martyrs). There are Christians who have seen the face of Jesus today. There will be Christians who see Jesus years or centuries from now.

The rest will not see Jesus, because they have no desire to see Jesus.
So the same hallucinations that Paul had, some have today.

Gotcha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality