Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 05:20 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
If so, it doesn't need a lot of explanatory interpretation. It is as it reads. The problem for you and other Bible -believers is that how it reads did not happen. So the explanatory interpretation which is Not explained to the disciples has to be made.
That is my whole point: IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!! Can't you get that through your thick skull? It wasn't supposed to happen!!!! It is concerning the end of the eon and when Christ returns!!!!! It needs no explanatory interpretation if one understands the QUESTION POSED and the ANSWER GIVEN!
Quote:
Thus your attempt to show that a far-fetched scenario of a second coming in the distant future (which you attempt to plaster over with the vague 'eon" nonsense) was 'understood' by the disciples, even though as I showed quite plainly, that those things were linked to the destruction of the temple. Which happened in 70 AD and the predicted Things didn't happen.
Mat 24:3 συντελειας του αιωνος : conclusion of the eon.
Mat 24:3 "Tell us, when will these things be? And what is the sign of Thy presence and of the conclusion of the eon?

ALL THOSE THINGS JESUS SPOKE OF USHER IN THE CONCLUSION OF THE EON. Just the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D. did not usher in the conclusion of the eon. It takes ALL THESE THINGS to come about to usher in the conclusion of the eon.
Quote:
You don't dare to, because you and he have been soundly debunked. It really doesn't matter Anyone looking back can see for themselves that every one of your arguments has been debunked and Dr. Martin shown up to be either ignorant of the archaeology of the watersource he puts so much weight on or is simply dishonest. Looking back at his Biblebased Bio, my money's on the latter.
My baloney meter just broke.

Quote:
You know, last night while watching some surrender at Yorktown you tubes (1) it occurred to me that you do yourself no favours by denying what everyone can see clearly, because it trashes your credibility in those areas which are not so obvious.
My answering your posts proves the bible to be correct:
Pro_23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 05:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is my whole point: IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!! Can't you get that through your thick skull? It wasn't supposed to happen!!!! It is concerning the end of the eon and when Christ returns!!!!! It needs no explanatory interpretation if one understands the QUESTION POSED and the ANSWER GIVEN!
Mat 24:3 συντελειας του αιωνος : conclusion of the eon.
Mat 24:3 "Tell us, when will these things be? And what is the sign of Thy presence and of the conclusion of the eon?

ALL THOSE THINGS JESUS SPOKE OF USHER IN THE CONCLUSION OF THE EON. Just the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D. did not usher in the conclusion of the eon. It takes ALL THESE THINGS to come about to usher in the conclusion of the eon.
That is your whole excuse. Do I really need to explain? Maybe - for others, though I'm sure they see the point already. It is a waste of pencil -point explaining to you.

The Things linked with the destruction of the temple were described in the talk on the mount of Olives. They were expected to come before they had all died. THAT would be the ending of the Age, no matter how you want to translate it.
It didn't happen. Failed prophecy.
So Believers in prophecy have to fiddle it so the 'generation' become all humanity, 'Death' becomes something else, the timescale has to be stretched from a few years to a couple of thousand.

The "Eon" equivocation -plaster will fool nobody - not even if you scream it in Block Caps. and a platoon of head slappers.
Your contention that none of this was supposed to actually happen is so ludicrous, I can't believe you mean it

Quote:
My baloney meter just broke.

My answering your posts proves the bible to be correct:
Pro_23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
Your baloney meter never worked. Nobody reading your above (while looking back over my refutations of every damn' thing you and Dr Martin argued) would need to be told that it is baloney backed up with a conceited and malicious Biblequote. You are wasting your breath. Nobody looking back will believe you -about anything -now. If they ever did after your debunking, demolishion, descent into denial and disgruntled decamping on the evolution thread .

You know what's the worst thing about you, old son? I am just getting to enjoy demolishing you, far too much. It's becoming a Vice.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-04-2016 at 06:03 AM..

Old 07-04-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
That is your whole excuse. Do I really need to explain? Maybe - for others, though I'm sure they see the point already. It is a waste of pencil -point explaining to you.

The Things linked with the destruction of the temple were described in the talk on the mount of Olives. They were expected to come before they had all died. THAT would be the ending of the Age, no matter how you want to translate it.
It didn't happen. Failed prophecy.
So Believers in prophecy have to fiddle it so the 'generation' become all humanity, 'Death' becomes something else, the timescale has to be stretched from a few years to a couple of thousand.

The "Eon" equivocation -plaster will fool nobody - not even if you scream it in Block Caps. and a platoon of head slappers.
Your contention that none of this was supposed to actually happen is so ludicrous, I can't believe you mean it

Your baloney meter never worked. Nobody reading your above (while looking back over my refutations of every damn' thing you and Dr Martin argued) would need to be told that it is baloney backed up with a conceited and malicious Biblequote. You are wasting your breath. Nobody looking back will believe you -about anything -now. If they ever did after your debunking, demolishion, descent into denial and disgruntled decamping on the evolution thread .

You know what's the worst thing about you, old son? I am just getting to enjoy demolishing you, far too much. It's becoming a Vice.

I give up. I'm not going to continue wasting my valuable time on you. You will just have to wait and see when these things are fulfilled. Until then Ba bye!

Last edited by Eusebius; 07-04-2016 at 10:01 AM..

Old 07-04-2016, 09:09 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
I give up. I'm not going to continue wasting my valuable time on you. You will just have to wait and see when these things are fulfilled. Until then Ba bye!
Transponder, I think he said,'' Good day sir.''

I can't wait till later after you respond and he says,'' I said, Good day sir.''

Old 07-05-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:

If you had a proper refutation (or anything that even looked like it) you'd use it.

So, like the argument about the location of the temple site south off the present site, the claim that the talk of the mount of Olives is about something that will happen in our future, fails. Thus the better reading of the passage is that it relates to the time shortly after the destruction of the temple and while some at least of those listening to him (and the rest of the people around at the time) had not yet 'Tasted death', and not that they had tasted death and then been raised again.

And that would come pretty soon, too as he expected that the Sanhedrin (who couldn't all have been spring chickens) would be there to see it.

The problem is of course that this is another failed prophecy, like Tyre, Babylon and indeed Daniel, and I realize that this is angrily rejected by the faithful. But the reading as it says, rather than Interpreted and a few things that don't fit overlooked, is the better one and cannot be made any less so by holding up a bit of card with the dial set to Full of baloney, as though that proved something. Apart from, as I say, that you have nothing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Transponder, I think he said,'' Good day sir.''

I can't wait till later after you respond and he says,'' I said, Good day sir.''
did Dorothy Flounce off?

Old 07-06-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
If you had a proper refutation (or anything that even looked like it) you'd use it.

So, like the argument about the location of the temple site south off the present site, the claim that the talk of the mount of Olives is about something that will happen in our future, fails. Thus the better reading of the passage is that it relates to the time shortly after the destruction of the temple and while some at least of those listening to him (and the rest of the people around at the time) had not yet 'Tasted death', and not that they had tasted death and then been raised again.

And that would come pretty soon, too as he expected that the Sanhedrin (who couldn't all have been spring chickens) would be there to see it.

The problem is of course that this is another failed prophecy, like Tyre, Babylon and indeed Daniel, and I realize that this is angrily rejected by the faithful. But the reading as it says, rather than Interpreted and a few things that don't fit overlooked, is the better one and cannot be made any less so by holding up a bit of card with the dial set to Full of baloney, as though that proved something. Apart from, as I say, that you have nothing better.

did Dorothy Flounce off?
Like I said, you will just have to have a wait-and-see posture since you won't believe anything against your position. When Christ's prophecy comes to pass, then, if you are alive when it happens, you will see I was right all along.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:02 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
O, C'MON Just say it Eusebius!

Old 07-06-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
O, C'MON Just say it Eusebius!
It

Old 07-06-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Like I said, you will just have to have a wait-and-see posture since you won't believe anything against your position. When Christ's prophecy comes to pass, then, if you are alive when it happens, you will see I was right all along.
How many doorstep evangelists have flung that at me when they retreated with all their arguments trashed.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
How many doorstep evangelists have flung that at me when they retreated with all their arguments trashed.
All of them minus one . . . me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality