Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:36 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,252,034 times

Advertisements

I read in the newspaper that 15% of the Koran is about Jesus Christ; and I also read in the English version of Koran that Mohammad believe in Christ, Abraham, The prophets and their writings which preceded Koran. If so, why does the Koran accept some doctrines of the bible, like the miracles of Christ, his sinlessness, being a prophet, etc. and contradict many of its doctrines like the deity of Christ as written in Isa.9:6 & John 1:1, 3:16, and the atonement both in the old and new testaments?
If the Koran is without error, why are there sects in Islam namely, shuhite& shiite respectively?
Why does the Koran allows polygamy, while the Bible is against it as written in Gen. 2:24 & Matt. 19:5 ?
My soul needs THE TRUTH.

Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:
Allaah often mentions the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (Jesus son of Mary) in His Book the Qur’aan for a number of reasons, including the following:

Islam Question and Answer - Questions from a confused Christian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 09:49 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,632,352 times
Here's another question: did you expect to find the truth in a newspaper?

Old 12-16-2008, 09:51 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,075,610 times
Easy answer.

The koran is wrong.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:10 AM

97 posts, read 55,838 times
If you study Islam you will probably confuse yourself.
You are best to focus on just Jesus and then weed out for yourself the rest.
For instance Islam doesnt or didnt believe in the Trinity. Christianity in main stream religion does.
Thats why I would suggest you make a study of Jesus as your reference point.
jw.org Jesus Who was he?

Old 07-07-2016, 10:19 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,650,620 times
The Bible is not against polygamy. The Bible says God gave King David "wives". Why would God give "wives" if He did not approve of more than one wife? It also says if those wives had not been enough, God would have given David more.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:23 AM

1,248 posts, read 825,484 times
Judaism, Islam and Christianity all come from the same root and worship the same desert god. And yet each one of the three believes itself to be the truth and two others to be false and deserving of annihilation. They are like three cats who are tied by their tails and left to fight it out untill they kill each other.

If you are looking for the truth and for peace of mind instead of confusion, you would do well to stay away from the god of Abraham altogether. There are many other spiritual paths worth exploring.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:36 AM

23,206 posts, read 10,492,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
I read in the newspaper that 15% of the Koran is about Jesus Christ; and I also read in the English version of Koran that Mohammad believe in Christ, Abraham, The prophets and their writings which preceded Koran. If so, why does the Koran accept some doctrines of the bible, like the miracles of Christ, his sinlessness, being a prophet, etc. and contradict many of its doctrines like the deity of Christ as written in Isa.9:6 & John 1:1, 3:16, and the atonement both in the old and new testaments?
If the Koran is without error, why are there sects in Islam namely, shuhite& shiite respectively?
Why does the Koran allows polygamy, while the Bible is against it as written in Gen. 2:24 & Matt. 19:5 ?
My soul needs THE TRUTH.

Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:
Allaah often mentions the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (Jesus son of Mary) in His Book the Qur’aan for a number of reasons, including the following:

Go back to Esau and Jacob and follow Jacob after he was split into two nations, and then the king of Assyria came and ended the Northern kingdom of Israel and this great king brought sons of Esau and Ishmael and then put them in the houses of those ten lost tribes.

God had found a way to take these two brothers to make them one, and for 700 years before Jesus came, these new Israelites swore they were of Israel when it was a benefit to say so.

We see that woman come up to Jesus at the well and she said,'' Our father Jacob built this well.''

That Samaritan woman was in fact saying,'' Jacob is my father/ I AM ISRAEL.''

In 722 B.C. God put those Arabs next to his seed as he always does, and one priest was brought back from those ten lost tribes and that one priest taught these New Israelis the ways of their God and this is where everything went wrong.

The woman at the well said that they also waited on a Messiah and they also worship the Lord but the ten tribes had built Dan and Bethel and instead of going to Jerusalem to keep the feasts of God, they went to Bethel and Dan and created their own worship system apart from God, they too followed in the ways of the first king of Israel,' Jeroboam.''

For 700 years before Jesus came, these sons of Esau and Ishmael living in the land and houses of the lost tribes of Joseph kept following the religion that brought down the ten tribes. The ten tribes had formed a religion that looked just like Judaism but they changed so many things in the worship system that it was no longer about the God of Israel, and all those centuries these Samaritans were waiting on a Messiah of their own to come but it was not this Jesus because they waited on another.

100 years after Jesus died, Christianity did the exact same thing the first ten tribes had done. Rome knew that if it's people kept becoming Christian and making pilgrimages to Jerusalem that it would not be long before Jerusalem became the capitol of the world and the one Holy place of the world.

So Constantine did what Jeroboam had done, he changed the Holy place, and he changed all the Jewish feasts of Jesus so that people would stay in Rome and when the great synagogue was burned around the fall of Jerusalem, this was a vehicle for the Jews to get rid of all the gentiles attending those synagogues.

By the time Mohammed comes on the stage, Christianity had replaced all it's worship system and Mohammed came with the knowledge that Samaritans were also waiting on a Messiah to come to Jerusalem and so Mohammed came celebrating Passover, Pentecost, and Sukkot, and this was a huge change for what a Samaritan would do but Mohammed wanted to be that Messiah the Jews had waited upon after their rejection of Jesus.

But the Jews would not accept Mohammed and so he did just as Jeroboam had done, and just as Constantine had done in rejecting the Sabbaths and feasts of God to create his own.

There is no Islam without the Old and New Testament and Islam is like the twin brother of Christianity because they have both gone down the same path and symbolically living in the same land of Joseph.

That woman at the well was told that she had 5 husbands and the one she lived with then was not her husband.

This is because God took 6 men and put them beside 6 peoples and each time they were to wed and become one.

Adam
Noah
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob

Judah was the one she was living with but was not married to, and Jesus was the 7th, and now there is an 8th.

The song of songs is written to a Samaritan woman, the beloved of the Lord who lives beside Israel, when a Jew would fall in love with a Samaritan/Palestinian. A person living in Galilee of the nations in the land of Joseph, the land of Naphtali, the land of Zebulun, the Northern kingdom called Israel and known as the kingdom of Ephraim. These two are to become one.

World peace would be simple, Let the Muslims go back to the roots of the feast days, let them keep the Passover, Shavuot and Sukkot, and let the Christians return to their roots and keep Passover, Shavuot and Sukkot.

That's where we all began and that is exactly where we all divided.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:58 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,097,430 times
Quote:
My soul needs THE TRUTH.

Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:

Nobody can and/or should compel you, but the call must come from within yourself.

Study the bible. And while you are reading thru the text, ask yourself this question.
"Is it the truth?"
And honestly let your heart an answer the question.

Do the exact same thing with the Quran. (Get an authenticated English translation by a Muslim Scholar)

And you should have your answer.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:19 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,989,474 times
Mohammed never wrote the Koran.

Islam believes one must do things to save oneself. True Christianity believe the death of Christ saves humanity. Islam does believe Christ did not die.

Last edited by Eusebius; 07-07-2016 at 11:34 AM..

Old 07-07-2016, 11:37 AM

1,333 posts, read 884,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrin57 View Post
If you study Islam you will probably confuse yourself.
You are best to focus on just Jesus and then weed out for yourself the rest.
For instance Islam doesnt or didnt believe in the Trinity. Christianity in main stream religion does.
Thats why I would suggest you make a study of Jesus as your reference point.
jw.org Jesus Who was he?
Yes, because the best way to find the truth is by first choosing a bias and then examining the data from that viewpoint.

Quote:
My soul needs THE TRUTH.

Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:

Islam says that God has NO son so Jesus could not possibly have been the son of God; though he was a prophet and miracle worker.
From talking to a Muslim friend, I was told that the resurrection was faked by God giving another man the same face as Jesus and people misunderstood it as a resurrection.
I haven't personally verified this though.
In practice I've heard numerous different Muslims say things along the lines of "Of course Jesus was a prophet, but the Bible is corrupt. He never claimed to be a Son of God."
Contesting this claim generally leads to being shut out or striking an emotional nerve, in my experience.

Personally, I wouldn't trust the guy who misinterpreted the devil as God on at least one account as well as claimed that God said he could marry a prepubescent girl.
I wouldn't particularly trust the Bible either, but fortunately for the Bible, there's a lot less evidence for it so it's harder to prove inconsistencies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality