Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 08:44 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You didn't need them. Ken Ham's wooden barred cage on the Ark contains a couple of plastic Diplodocus -like juvenile Baryma about the size of a small pony. This of course overlooks that all the dinosaur species existed before the Flood and it is those that needed to be on the Ark, not a starter - kit for all the dinosaur species to super -evolve after the Flood. There is a get - out hypothesis, but I'll let him think of that - if enough people think of it and start asking awkward questions.

I can't believe I am even having to explain this mad idea in the 21st c, but it was just same in the days of the Flat earth -believers cult up to the seventies. But of course they didn't manage to get the flat earth seen as an article of Faith upon which your salvation depended. If they had, they'd have been flying Learjets from flat -earth Museum to Flat earth Encounter -park, giving lectures telling schoolkids that the flat earth should be taught in the Geography class.
That theory contradicts the Bible, which clearly states that two of every kind came to Noah. Doesn't make any sense to construct a theory to allow for the dinosaurs when that theory directly contradicts the Bible, all in the name of proving a Bible story is true.

How would something the size of a small pony evolve into hundreds of dinosaur species, some gigantic, and die out before recorded history noted them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 09:14 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
It depends on how one interprets "Kind". And the theory requires a bit of Godly magic to make nature speed up a bit.

Eusebius and I discussed this aspect, such as if God needed to tell Noah how to build the Ark, why not just magic it? If you needed a bit of magic to have the animal representatives all march to the Ark (to save Noah and family looking for them), then why not simply magic them on board, or why not magic them after the Flood? In fact? Why the need for a Flood and Ark at all? Just wipe out all but Noah and family by magic.
Eusebius' answer as I recall was that however it was done, it was done because the Bible says so.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:53 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
It depends on how one interprets "Kind". And the theory requires a bit of Godly magic to make nature speed up a bit.

Eusebius and I discussed this aspect, such as if God needed to tell Noah how to build the Ark, why not just magic it? If you needed a bit of magic to have the animal representatives all march to the Ark (to save Noah and family looking for them), then why not simply magic them on board, or why not magic them after the Flood? In fact? Why the need for a Flood and Ark at all? Just wipe out all but Noah and family by magic.
Eusebius' answer as I recall was that however it was done, it was done because the Bible says so.

Well.... that should settle that then.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:56 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Eusebius displays the epitome of unreasoning credulity and the efforts to reason with him prove abundantly that you cannot reason with it.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:36 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I wonder how thick those gopher wood floors would have had to be, to support the weight of two brachiosauruses, which weighed 80 tons each.
They used a lot of gopher steel plates and threaded gopher steel bolts

Old 07-12-2016, 06:56 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
God came to Noah in a dream and gave him the specifications for a Bessemer converter.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:58 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
What happens if the ark reaches 87 MPH?

Old 07-12-2016, 12:52 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
What happens if the ark reaches 87 MPH?
Nothing, until it hits 88 mph!

Old 07-12-2016, 12:58 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
FFRF warning more than 1,000 school districts about new “Noah’s Ark”

- See more at: FFRF warning more than 1,000 school districts about new

Pleased to see that the FFRF is reminding schools not to mix religion with school, and advising them of what the law is.

Of course, we know there will be a backlash from the fundevangelicals, but their sects never do accept that church and state really, really have to stay separate.
Weird...I never knew the nut-jobs at the FFRF were in charge of setting education guidelines.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:00 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
They used a lot of gopher steel plates and threaded gopher steel bolts

They were required to per building codes. The ark exhibit includes elevators and ramps for people to walk up and down, as well -- including concrete structures. It's not intended to be a boat that floats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality