Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 10:19 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Exactly right, my friend! These very same posters would pitch a fit of epic proportions if THEIR kid was taken to a Mosque, a Hindu Temple, etc. They can safely say, for now at least, "well if the town wants that, then so be it...." but it is simply because they feel safe in assuming most towns in the US have more Christians than not, hence, they would never go to those places.

Let's be honest here as well, they simply do not care one iota for the kid or family who isn't Christian. They would be perfectly fine with forcing an atheist kid or a Buddhist kid or Muslim kid, etc etc, to go to the Ark, but would NEVER be okay with Christians being forced to go to the local Mosque to learn Muslim history and tradition.

It is hypocrisy at its finest, and they can not even see it. Or they do and just don't care how bad it makes them look.... Not sure which, really. Either way, it shows people who they really are, and by extension, what their religion truly is.
Or maybe I would take my kid out of that school district. If the local people in a community WANT that, the federal government has no Constitutional basis for denying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 10:46 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Or maybe I would take my kid out of that school district. If the local people in a community WANT that, the federal government has no Constitutional basis for denying it.
So you are perfectly fine with a school district forcing children to do things that go against their beliefs? You are perfectly fine with them being marginalized in the name of religion? You are perfectly fine with them being treated as lesser in their community because they don't believe as you? Want to tell us again how you aren't all for a theocracy?

Fact is, whether you admit it or not, not everyone has the option to just up and move (or homeschool). Especially in the backwaters that are typically associated with this ignorant nonsense.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:55 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
So you are perfectly fine with a school district forcing children to do things that go against their beliefs? You are perfectly fine with them being marginalized in the name of religion? You are perfectly fine with them being treated as lesser in their community because they don't believe as you? Want to tell us again how you aren't all for a theocracy?

Fact is, whether you admit it or not, not everyone has the option to just up and move (or homeschool). Especially in the backwaters that are typically associated with this ignorant nonsense.
Edited to remove attempts to state ideas that are better stated elsewhere

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 07-15-2016 at 11:18 AM..

Old 07-15-2016, 11:40 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Sorry Bubba, the majority cannot disregard the rights of the minority. Democracy does not work that way.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Sorry Bubba, the majority cannot disregard the rights of the minority. Democracy does not work that way.
What "right" is being infringed upon by this?

Old 07-15-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
What "right" is being infringed upon by this?
Little Johnny is a christian at the school. Little Ali is muslim. Jocelyn is an atheist.

Ali's and Jocelyn's parents have no desire to have their tax dollars being used to have christian propaganda thrown at their kids. The courts have ruled that schools funded by tax dollars cannot participate in such activities, pursuant to the Constitution.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Little Johnny is a christian at the school. Little Ali is muslim. Jocelyn is an atheist.

Ali's and Jocelyn's parents have no desire to have their tax dollars being used to have christian propaganda thrown at their kids. The courts have ruled that schools funded by tax dollars cannot participate in such activities, pursuant to the Constitution.
The Constitution doesn't say that. The courts are wrong. Anyone that has read the Constitution would clearly see that.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:21 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Are you kidding???!!! I had a GAY DOG !!!!!!!

When I was gone he would rearrange the furniture.

He loved Broadway show tunes ... and ... Barbra Streisand !!!

His favorite program on TV is RuPaul's Drag Race !!!!

Other dogs are content with a plastic food bowl, but he insisted on Royal Doulton china!!!!

We wouldn't go out for a walk ... but a prance !!!!

Love this post. My dogs were certainly tomboys, as they would come back from their runs wet and muddy.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
The Constitution doesn't say that. The courts are wrong. Anyone that has read the Constitution would clearly see that.
Apparently you need to be teaching those learned Judges, both liberal and conservative, that they just don't understand the law or the Constitution. I look forward to those seminars.

All those Judges, at all those levels. County, State, Federal, SCOTUS. What a bunch of dullards not to have the wisdom and knowledge that a preacher from Nebraska has. And the temerity of Congress not to correct the situation by making a Constitutional amendment that 2/3 of the States would accept.

Who wooda thunk?

Old 07-15-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Apparently you need to be teaching those learned Judges, both liberal and conservative, that they just don't understand the law or the Constitution. I look forward to those seminars.

All those Judges, at all those levels. County, State, Federal, SCOTUS. What a bunch of dullards not to have the wisdom and knowledge that a preacher from Nebraska has. And the temerity of Congress not to correct the situation by making a Constitutional amendment that 2/3 of the States would accept.

Who wooda thunk?
I think you're extremely naive if you think the courts are immune from politics. They have made the decisions they made because they have an agenda. They didn't make those decisions and rule the way they did because they actually read the Constitution. Honestly...just read our Constitution, will you? It says NOTHING regarding this, and gives the states freedom to do as they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality