Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 01:19 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Please quote the international rules to back up your assertion.

Baloney!
International rules for Ark building? ahahahahahaha Awesome.

I guess the biblical representation is baloney, too. I am certainly fine with that.

The Ark?
Baloney.

Only I will pronounce it Ba log na. Emphasis on the second syllable. Just to give it a certain flair.
I will be thinking this when ever you mention the Ark. Thank you for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 01:20 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Except this is part of the "Creation Museum." Nothing there is touted as secular or mythical or symbolic or allegorical, which, of course, the story of Noah and the Ark clearly is (and this makes it no less beautiful or important.)

Why should it be? No one is demanding that the students accept the story as myth or truth. It's no different than if I took a field trip to see statues of the Greek Gods. It wouldn't ruffle my feathers one bit. Atheists are so incredibly intolerant of other people's beliefs yet have no problem shoving secular garbage onto innocent minds.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:50 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
As long as the students were told that nothing in that museum is about science or history but purely one interpretation of one or two religions and is not fact based I would be fine with the students going to there. But why would a school go there if not to promote education and in this case one interpretation of a religion? What this museum promotes is a contraction of what the curriculum would teach and in many cases is backed up by the parents indicates that the main purpose of a trip like this would be to undermine the teaching of anything that contradicts a literal teaching of the Bible.

For those who believe that evolution and science are enemies of their religion I can see why they see nothing wrong with sending children to a place like this during a school day.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:08 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why should it be? No one is demanding that the students accept the story as myth or truth. It's no different than if I took a field trip to see statues of the Greek Gods. It wouldn't ruffle my feathers one bit. Atheists are so incredibly intolerant of other people's beliefs yet have no problem shoving secular garbage onto innocent minds.
Oh? Can you point to a website maintained by the builders of the statues which states their purpose in building the statues is to convert people to their religion?

Old 07-07-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Typical mockery. That's all your side can do.
What is "typical mockery"? This?

Quote:
And requires absolute stupidity.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:17 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
No we are humans. There is no other creature on earth like us. Because we are not animals.
Yeah, actually we are animals. Our DNA proves it. We are just more evolved as a species than others, however, some still show regressive genes that cause mental blocks to using reason.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:29 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Typical mockery. That's all your side can do.
Jeff, you are not being persecuted. Quit playing the victim.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Yeah, actually we are animals. Our DNA proves it. We are just more evolved as a species than others, however, some still show regressive genes that cause mental blocks to using reason.
Again, no other species is like humans. No other species struggles with issues of morality. No other species creates art, music, writing and distinct languages. Animals operate on instinct. It's no word people are suicidal when they start buying into the secular lies.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Jeff, you are not being persecuted. Quit playing the victim.
Then your side should try learning to have a civil discussion without resorting to snide remarks. It's cheap, lame, and PATHETIC.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Then your side should try learning to have a civil discussion without resorting to snide remarks. It's cheap, lame, and PATHETIC.
Do you mean like this one?

Quote:
And requires absolute stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality