Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 01:31 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
First of all, she's no pastor. Women are prohibited in Scripture from being pastors. She is what I'd call a "Pastrix", and a bad, money-grubbing televangelist one at that. She shouldn't have 1 parsonage much less 5.

And yes--there are people condemning her for it and calling her out on her sin if you only take the time to look.
Not by scriptures (chapter and verse where Jesus banned women from the ministry)?
'
It was PAULIE who suggested women be SILENT in the church and that was some letter written to q specific church for some moronic reason..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 08:10 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
The IRS wants to know why this pastor owns five houses but pays no taxes - Christian Blog

WTH does a pastor need five houses as "parsonages" for? Really? The religious tax exemptions need to disappear; this type of abuse is just too prevalent, and the churches are doing nothing to correct it by themselves. As such, it is time for "We the people" to do it for them.

No exceptions. Take it all away, and if the church is to stand on its own, the parishioners that see value in it will provide. If not, too bad. The abuse has gone on long enough.
I think they should put that demon in jail. I mean she is in a religion, it just aint the religion of God, it is the religion of money.

Somebody wants me to kill myself, put me in a room with that woman talking for ten min and I will bite my own arm off and go to beating myself to death with it.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:29 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Not by scriptures (chapter and verse where Jesus banned women from the ministry)?
'
It was PAULIE who suggested women be SILENT in the church and that was some letter written to q specific church for some moronic reason..
Do you believe that Paul was any less inspired than the authors of the Gospels? If so, why?

Instead of attacking Scripture, picking and choosing what you want to believe and not believe, why not ask what it says?

Old 08-06-2016, 10:35 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
'
Look at the last verse after he had quoted what they said, and then he rebuked them for what they said, I can't make heads or tails from chapter 7 when he says,'' Now concerning the things you wrote unto me.''

Just saying, they wrote two letters to Paul where he quotes what they said from chapter 7 to chapter 14, and it isn't always an easy thing to figure out where he is quoting them or where he is speaking himself.

34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

36WHAT? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

He could have started quoting them here and then rebuked everything they said.

First Corinthians 14

Let all things be done unto edifying. 27If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

36WHAT? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

It's too hard of a thing for me to nail down but let it be known that there is a problem.

Old 08-06-2016, 01:47 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The article does not say how much of her income of her ministry she gives to the poor.

Should it matter how much she gives to the poor? She doesn't need five house. What happened to give up your worldly possessions & follow God?

Old 08-06-2016, 02:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Should it matter how much she gives to the poor? She doesn't need five house. What happened to give up your worldly possessions & follow God?
There is no Biblical mandate to any vow of poverty. Being wealthy is not a sin. If a church wants to buy a house for her, they can do that. I don't know that I could make a case for tax exemption on more than 1 residence, though. I know when I file my taxes, I'm allowed a housing allowance tax break on my primary residence--nothing more.

Having said that, she is a shyster that is fleecing people with a sort of pyramid scheme "Gospel". She's convinced people that they can get rich by writing a check to her organization. THAT is the problem I have with her.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
There is no Biblical mandate to any vow of poverty. Being wealthy is not a sin. If a church wants to buy a house for her, they can do that. I don't know that I could make a case for tax exemption on more than 1 residence, though. I know when I file my taxes, I'm allowed a housing allowance tax break on my primary residence--nothing more.

Having said that, she is a shyster that is fleecing people with a sort of pyramid scheme "Gospel". She's convinced people that they can get rich by writing a check to her organization. THAT is the problem I have with her.

But...

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Matt 19:21

I agree with the second part fully!

Old 08-06-2016, 03:58 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, the 'Prosperity Gospel' is all-too-common these days.

Though, I like what John Oliver did to call them out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

Old 08-06-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Unfortunately, the 'Prosperity Gospel' is all-too-common these days.

Though, I like what John Oliver did to call them out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

Sadly SO many people fall for this & these people are nothing but scam artist. My grandmother & my mom sent these people money. My mom went to her death thinking hat IF she sent enough money God would take her cancer away. How people can buy into this is way beyond me. It's like believing that voting for the lesser of two evils is better then not voting. Vote for me I won't ********* over as badly. Send me money and I'll tell God to heal you if not your going to die & go to hell.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:14 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Sadly SO many people fall for this & these people are nothing but scam artist. My grandmother & my mom sent these people money. My mom went to her death thinking hat IF she sent enough money God would take her cancer away. How people can buy into this is way beyond me. It's like believing that voting for the lesser of two evils is better then not voting. Vote for me I won't ********* over as badly. Send me money and I'll tell God to heal you if not your going to die & go to hell.
In a certain way, that's actually true -- by voting for the lesser of two evils, you're not just sitting at home and saying 'I don't care which'. The word that most of us overlook in the phrase 'the lesser of two evils' is 'lesser'. And voting for the lesser of two evils means fewer votes for the greater of two evils.

But, to get back on topic: humans are gullible, foolish people. We do stupid things, for stupid reasons. Sadly, that's probably never going to change.

:Edit: Sadly, John Oliver had to close the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption; aside from the number of bags of grass and wheat seeds they recieved, some people actually sent vials of...er...biological seed. If you get my drift. That said, the actual money they recieved all went to Doctors without Borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality