Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 07:25 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
From the linked article, she is quoted as saying: "You can be a businessman here in St. Louis, and people think the more you have, the more wonderful it is … but if you’re a preacher, then all of a sudden it becomes a problem.”

The article repeatedly refers to her ministry, and it's tax exempt status.

The article makes reference to her followers.

So cupper linked to a Christian site talking about her ministry, her tax exempt status, her followers, and the fact that the organization provides housing for her. I think he pretty much nailed it.
Yes, she has a ministry. It is not a church, and she is not a pastor of a church. She is basically a teacher. She now teaches through books, TV and conferences. A number of years ago I listened to her on the radio. I guess you could have called me a "follower" for a period of time. But she got no money from me. Maybe she should have. I learned a lot from her teachings. And yes, her ministry comes under the same IRS rulings as a church. But I know nothing about her relationship with the IRS. All I know it that I benefitted from her hard work and study.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 08:12 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
From the linked article, she is quoted as saying: "You can be a businessman here in St. Louis, and people think the more you have, the more wonderful it is … but if you’re a preacher, then all of a sudden it becomes a problem.”

The article repeatedly refers to her ministry, and it's tax exempt status.

The article makes reference to her followers.

So cupper linked to a Christian site talking about her ministry, her tax exempt status, her followers, and the fact that the organization provides housing for her. I think he pretty much nailed it.
Tzaphkeil doesn't like those little details pointed out, he would rather abuse the messenger, than the message. It's so christian of him or her.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:14 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
yet another thread started by cupper where he can't even get the story straight, but resorts to his rabid frothing, fraught with inaccuracies. she is not a pastor, she does not have a church, and she does not have parishioners. She is a successful author.

once again cupper and his knee jerk National Enquirer mentality and lack of credibility,
yet another example of he "read it on the internet so it must be true"
You are ignoring the rest of what I said, such as that she does operate a non profit ministry that she has used to effectively launder away her tax liability by donating her profits to the non-profit org and thus making them deductible, and then having the non-profit provide her with things. She has stopped that practice now that she has been called out on it and has cleaned up her act.

You are also ignoring that there have long been ethical questions swirling around her. Of course it's possible those ethical questions are 100% unfair heresay, sour grapes, etc. But I kind of doubt it. Generally, where there's smoke, there's fire. Besides, the story cupper referenced was from a Christian source, and if a Christian source has ethical questions about one of their own, it just about guarantees there is some truth to it.

Like you, I don't think a thing is true because I read it on the Internet. I doubt cupper does either. On the other hand I don't think a thing is untrue because I read it on the Internet either. One can generally suss out the truth by comparing different sources and using common sense. In fact, perversely, traditional news sources such as network TV has gotten to be such an unreliable quagmire of "newstainment" that I get more accurate news and analysis from the Internet these days using just that method -- diverse sourcing and cross-checking. Honestly, the real journalists that are left have largely retreated to the Internet.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:58 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Tzaphkeil doesn't like those little details pointed out, he would rather abuse the messenger, than the message. It's so christian of him or her.

I believe Tzaph.is actually Jewish. But even Beard, Kippoh and dog -collar will stand shoulder to shoulder against the common enemy.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:08 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I believe Tzaph.is actually Jewish. But even Beard, Kippoh and dog -collar will stand shoulder to shoulder against the common enemy.
She's Orthodox...Chassidic, I believe...

Old 07-11-2016, 09:07 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Lol. Not a he and not Christian. Oy vey.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 07-11-2016 at 09:18 AM..

Old 07-11-2016, 09:28 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Very poor assessment...as usual. But I respect your persistent dedication to whatever it is you are trying to achieve.

Tzaph (a woman) embraces Judaism specifically...and Basic Love & Sweetness generally. She puts forth (and seeks) a vibe that is fine, just, and solicitous.
She is very wise and smart, and will not hesitate to call out negative stuff.
For whatever reason...men, overall, are more "coarse" than women, typically.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lol. Not a he and not Christian. Oy vey.
Please take note of this post.

I stand corrected!

Old 07-11-2016, 11:44 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Please take note of this post.

I stand corrected!

You mean that you are admitting that you have been wrong? Well done. Some day we will sit down and talk provincial politics so that you can once again admit you were wrong.

For all others this is not politics but just a joke between the two of us.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You mean that you are admitting that you have been wrong? Well done. Some day we will sit down and talk provincial politics so that you can once again admit you were wrong.

For all others this is not politics but just a joke between the two of us.
Yes, I look forward to you admitting the errors of your ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality