Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 05:00 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,944,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Or maybe you ought to actually check out what he's actually saying by that. I mean..I know that context is your enemy when you make these silly posts...but wow.
This is Ken Ham we are talking about. His fantasies exceed those that Walt Disney portrayed. Except Ham thinks his are real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 05:02 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,311,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanG_O View Post
I read that the ark is an "exact replica in size" to the original. Excuse me?
You know the definition of a cubit, right?

Spoiler
It*It*It

Old 07-26-2016, 12:04 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,228,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
This is Ken Ham we are talking about. His fantasies exceed those that Walt Disney portrayed. Except Ham thinks his are real.
Your opinion of Ham aside, do you have a point? Do you honestly believe that he thinks that Noah's Ark is a fairy tale? Or do you think that maybe the display you attack had a different message?

Old 07-26-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Your opinion of Ham aside, do you have a point? Do you honestly believe that he thinks that Noah's Ark is a fairy tale? Or do you think that maybe the display you attack had a different message?
Seems juxtaposition is not something you get.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Seems juxtaposition is not something you get.
Please explain. I guess I don't get what you're saying.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,064,988 times
Quote:
I absolutely think Noah's Ark is just a story. It's a story that was meant to make a point that was relevant to a specific people at a specific time but it is just a story. FWIW, most Christians I know think the same thing.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Please explain. I guess I don't get what you're saying.
The juxtaposition of many of us saying the whole story is a fairy tale, and then he has a "Fairy Tale" sign put up right in the Ark Encounter. You must see the humor in that?

Old 07-27-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
The juxtaposition of many of us saying the whole story is a fairy tale, and then he has a "Fairy Tale" sign put up right in the Ark Encounter. You must see the humor in that?
I get that. But your OP was that Ham thinks it's a fairy tale. Maybe I missed the joke of your post...maybe you were just making a funny...I didn't catch that, and if that's the case I'm sorry. I sometimes take things a bit too seriously on these boards and I'm endeavoring to lighten up a bit.

It's obvious Ham actually believes that Noah was a real man and that the event of the flood happened. This picture is part of a display illustrating the fairy tale that many people THINK of when we think of the Ark. Many of us have a cute story in our minds with the elephants and giraffes sticking their heads out of the top of the boat as they cruise along--so that's all it is to us -- a fairy tale. But we ought to at least think about it logically and realistically -- and think about how it actually happened.

Many on here have pointed out correctly that it was a horrible day for humanity -- all but 8 people on the earth were killed -- most horribly drowning. God chose to reboot and keep only 8 people alive.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:48 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,614,993 times
Quote:
I get that. But your OP was that Ham thinks it's a fairy tale. Maybe I missed the joke of your post...maybe you were just making a funny...I didn't catch that, and if that's the case I'm sorry. I sometimes take things a bit too seriously on these boards and I'm endeavoring to lighten up a bit.

It's obvious Ham actually believes that Noah was a real man and that the event of the flood happened. This picture is part of a display illustrating the fairy tale that many people THINK of when we think of the Ark. Many of us have a cute story in our minds with the elephants and giraffes sticking their heads out of the top of the boat as they cruise along--so that's all it is to us -- a fairy tale. But we ought to at least think about it logically and realistically -- and think about how it actually happened.

Many on here have pointed out correctly that it was a horrible day for humanity -- all but 8 people on the earth were killed -- most horribly drowning. God chose to reboot and keep only 8 people alive.
Hey viz, at what moment in time does your omni-god choose to reboot?

Old 07-27-2016, 09:06 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,883,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Well of COURSE it's a fairy tale. Who actually believes it's a true story?
Quite a few millions actually and most of those are in America... the strongest country (militarily) on the planet. Frightening isn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality