Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 07:09 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Obama is an anti-Christian Christian. A real Christian wouldn't hate on Israel like Obama.
Thank you, offbase40, that HAS to be the best thing anyone has ever said about President Obama. To be fair, there are a lot of Christians who live lives that truly reflect the teachings of Christ. OTOH, the so-called twistians at the RNC last night made me as anti-twistian as anyone can possibly get.

And before I LMAO again, isn't it ironic that Dr. Carson talked about changing one's race? OMG, THAT made me laugh.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Oh no! This underwear guy does not like the President. Make that this good Christian man with his hands in his drawers does not like President Obama.
Wait... this good Christian man with six-pack abs does not like the President.

Ummmmm Okay this.. guy with thighs does not like the President. This guy making money wearing underwear does not like President Obama..... and... um... ... nice hair..

For this guy, I'd not like the president too.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
How do we tell the real Christians from the fake Christians?

There's a secret handshake.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
There's a secret handshake.
And you have to "Like" Dr. Ben Carson on your facebook to show everyone you are not a racist.

You better hurry, I think he is a transracist.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:10 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Is that a horrible thing to call someone a Muslim? He certainly seems to be enamored with Islam.
It's not horrible to call someone a Muslim in the slightest, especially if they're Muslims. It is however horrible to lie, which saying Obama is a Muslim happens to be one. I can't remember which commandment it was, but I'm pretty sure one of them is not to lie. Which I assume you're doing by pretending like you don't understand what this topic is about. But why hold yourself to the same standard you hold others?

Personally, I doubt Obama's a Christian. He's probably just not particularly religious. But he says he's a Christian, so, whatever. Even if it's a lie, I'd be shocked if he's the first president to lie about it. Like most politicians, he's know many Americans won't vote for a president who's not Christian. Being a black man with a name that isn't John, he needed to lay on as much "I'm relatable to you" as possible, so he went with Christianity.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:54 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Obama is an anti-Christian Christian. A real Christian wouldn't hate on Israel like Obama.
The fundamentalist Lutheran sect I grew up in isn't so fond of Jews or Israel. So it's true that Real Christians(tm) can "hate" on Israel.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:10 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Whoa. Back that truck up right now. You want to talk about hatred of Jews? The Christian church is steeped in it. Study history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...d_antisemitism

Old 07-19-2016, 11:14 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Whoa. Back that truck up right now. You want to talk about hatred of Jews? The Christian church is steeped in it. Study history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...d_antisemitism
Well, they weren't True Chistians, don't you know?

Old 07-20-2016, 12:07 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
There's just some good ol' boys who can't wrap their heads around the fact an uppity coloured boy became President.

But of course they can't SAY that.

So, cowards that they are, they smear with a different brush.
You have it precisely correct...The right hates Obama not because of the flavour of his religion, but because of the colour of his skin....Even if he was a Muslim, so what?

Old 07-20-2016, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You have it precisely correct...The right hates Obama not because of the flavour of his religion, but because of the colour of his skin....Even if he was a Muslim, so what?
I agree. No matter what I thought of Bush Sr. or George W. Bush, I never had the blatant hatred that I am witnessing today from the conservatives right wing so-called christian American. And I am sure somewhere out there in the sea of hate, there are a few republicans who want to distance themselves from Trump.

What is equally nauseating is how a few republicans are now backing Trump in the name of party only i.e. Cruz and Ben Carson. I applaud those republicans who refused to attend the RNC. Hearing Gingrich refer to the Bush's as childish really surprised me. Hearing a black pastor giving a "prayer" for Trump was the saddest thing I have witnessed.

I had actually felt bad for saying things about the conservative right wing populace that were downright nasty. But the behavior at the RNC more than proves my worst words for the RNC was not even close! I feel even more distanced from mainstream America and equally disgusted by those who claim to be christian and yet do nothing but hate.

Like I told my homophobic Dad, I am not required to live my life according to someone else's religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality