Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 07:20 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times

Advertisements

Stop yourselves. I want you to linger on this good Christian man who got up on stage, and said the President did not have a Christian name, and was muslin.... I mean Muslim. Sorry, i was distracted.

I want all good Christians to look at the calm waters on the beach...... no, no... the beach... ahhhhhh

Old 07-20-2016, 07:27 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Anyone with an ounce of compassion would be disgusted by the actions of the Israeli government against the Palestinians.
No surprise that you are anti-Israel as well. They have every right to protect themselves.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:28 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,006,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Politics & Other Controversies.
Shhh...

Old 07-20-2016, 07:33 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No surprise that you are anti-Israel as well. They have every right to protect themselves.
These are POLITICAL stances and have no bearing on whether one is a "real Christian" or not.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:34 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,006,684 times
Quote:

Where is he anti-Israel? Sounds more like he is anti-apartheid.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:41 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:

Ommmm Look at the beach Jeff.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:41 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Obama is a Muslim: PIPES: 'Barry was Muslim' - Washington Times
then later attended Rev. Wright's church in Chicago. It was a kind of black supremacy church where they were taught to hate and kill the whites and taught God damn America. It was anything but Christian.
What if any part of the above were true? I thought one "becomes" Christian by "being saved" and that involves a conscious decision to ask Jesus into your heart, etc. If that's true, then this guy could have had ANY past but be a Christian TODAY. OTOH, if it's bogus, then Christianity is full of it. Again. Which is it?

Obama says he's Christian, he goes to a church, he throws out comments about God (not Allah) left, right and center, the dude is Christian now, end of story. If you disagree that that's possible then urging anyone to "ask" Jesus into his/her heart is useless and hypocritical, and should be stopped immediately and forever. So, take your pick.

With that said, obviously if he weren't, it still shouldn't be a problem; however, the way it was stated in the interview shown on this thread, it obviously WAS meant as a condemnation. If it had been stated in a more reasonable way and in a different context, then Islam would not be being slammed. That's pretty obvious.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:42 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,877,101 times
Mr. Obama follows the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob and is christian with an overwhelming link to
"good" Muslims he was partially raised with and has had frequent social dialog for years. The muslim
connection is stronger than we who have had little interface with. I worked with great muslim nurses for years and found a common ground with respect to caring for patients. As far as their religion I found myself nearly totally incompatible.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:44 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:

Anyone with any sense would also realize that not every single action done by the Israeli government or people is right either. You know they have opposition parties that disagree with what the current government does and some of those parties have been the government in the past and will be again in the future. And when the government changes so do many of the policies that people disagree with.

So in your mind it an Israeli wishes to settle in part of the country that they currently can not are OK with them going in and destroying the home of a family and build their new home on that land forcing that family to flee? That is acceptable with the current government but not the previous one in Israel.

Are you anti American as I doubt you support all the actions of all the governments of your own country.

I support the right of Israel to protect themselves. I support the right of people and governments to be able to tell Israel when they have done something wrong and that Israel should be accountable for their wrong doings as well as supported for their good doings. And I wonder where all this support for Jewish people from Christians was for the first 1949 years after your saviour was born. It was not in Europe, it was not in North American. Suddenly Bible Believing Christians see the formation of Israel as something to back up their beliefs and perhaps see the end of the world coming.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:44 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times
I seriously doubt that Obama actually believes in the theology of any religion. Publicly, he's a Christian, but I suspect he's an atheist. He does have an inordinate amount of sympathy for Muslims, however, for political reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality