Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:50 AM

713 posts, read 1,957,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahteist2 View Post
Well muslims believe in god and they do not agree with you.

O yea they have a false god and you have the right one.
Yes we do and our Bible prophecy give us that evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 02:06 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
Although I do believe that the World Trade Center was a warning to America, I do not believe it is the destruction of Babylon described in the Bible. Throughout Jeremiah 50 and 51 and Revelation 18, God constantly tells us that Babylon will be completely destoryed, no one will ever buy or sell from her, and no one will ever live in her after the destruction. It talks about how a powerful nation from the north of Israel will attack Babylon and she won't see it coming. I believe America will hit by a major nuclear attack from this northern nation, it is the only scenario that matches the describe destruction.
well there are a couple of nations that stand out....Russia and North Korea and we probabally will get caught off gaurd like 911. One day we could be going about our normal lives then the next day every thing totally changes. I think if we keep pursuing Iran and try to start a war with them, that could lead to Russia trying to attack us. Russia made it clear for us to leave Iran alone. If McCain is elected president the U.S. will continue with its war mentality.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:28 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,684 times
another description of Mystery Babylon

Jeremiah 51:53

Though Babylon should ascend to the heavens, And though she should fortify her lofty stronghold, From Me destroyers will come to her," declares the LORD.

sounds like a description of skyscrapers and Babylon's ability to protect herself from the air.

Jeremiah 50 :30-32 Therefore, her young men will fall in the streets; all her soldiers will be silenced in that day, declares the Lord. See I am against you, O arrogant one, declares the Lord, the Lord Almighty, for your day has come, the time for you to be punished. The arrogant one will stumble and fall and no one will help her up; I will kindle a fire in her towns that will consume all who are around her.

Jeremiah 50 :9. For I will stir up and bring against Babylon (America); an alliance of great nations from the land of the north (Russia). They will take up their positions against her, and from the north she will be captured.

Jeremiah 50 :43 When the king of Babylon (President of the United States) learns of the northern army's intentions, his hands will hang limp, and anguish will grip him.

Jeremiah 50:13 Because of the Lord's anger, Babylon (America) will not be inhabited but will be completely desolate. All who will pass Babylon (America) will be horrified and scoff because of all her wounds

Last edited by gsoboi; 04-05-2008 at 02:39 PM..

Old 04-07-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
well there are a couple of nations that stand out....Russia and North Korea and we probabally will get caught off gaurd like 911. One day we could be going about our normal lives then the next day every thing totally changes. I think if we keep pursuing Iran and try to start a war with them, that could lead to Russia trying to attack us. Russia made it clear for us to leave Iran alone. If McCain is elected president the U.S. will continue with its war mentality.

In my dad's paper it talks about Russia (and other nations) attacking America (Babylon).

Old 04-07-2008, 03:23 PM

America, Israel and the Forgotten Prophecies of God

ISRAEL, AMERICA, AND THE FORGOTTEN PROPHECIES OF GOD

Old 04-08-2008, 06:43 PM

13 posts, read 37,590 times
Babylon was an evil city and Babylon is an evil religious system that denies Jesus Christ as Lord of all.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:08 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,305 times
I don't believe that Babylon in the Bible refers to an exact place.

The "Babylon" is an evil world system which is controlled by the Antichrist, during the last days before Jesus’ return.
The "Babylon" also has religious connotations – spiritual adultery with the beast being the focus of an ungodly end-times religious system.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:01 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
I don't believe that Babylon in the Bible refers to an exact place.

The "Babylon" is an evil world system which is controlled by the Antichrist, during the last days before Jesus’ return.
The "Babylon" also has religious connotations – spiritual adultery with the beast being the focus of an ungodly end-times religious system.
If Babylon is not an exact place the Bible would not of wasted so much time giving us so many physical references describing it. Your belief is shared by the Watch Tower Society, which is just another religious cult. Yet many main line Christians now believe that not only is Babylon a physical place, it is America, and only America can fulfill all of the prophecies that speak of babylon. Also, if you believe that Babylon is a religious system, that would reduce most of the prophecies of the Scriptures to giberish. In order to believe that Babylon is a religious system, you must simply ignore what the prophecies are saying. The prophecies tell you that Babylon will have an enemy to her north, and that Babylon is built on many waters. The prophecies tell you that Babylon will be destroyed in one hours time, yet it appears the world will continue on until Christ returns. Babylon will have a large Jewish population, and God tells those Jews to flee Babylon and let Jerusalem come bake to their rememberance. Babylon speaks with a great voice, yet the Bible tells us her voice will be silenced. The Bible tells us that Babylons (cities) will burn and no one will ever be able to return to that (land) again, because (her land) will be completely polluted. This is not the description of a religious system.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:50 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Lightbulb Babylon =America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
Revelation 18 and Jeremiah 50-51

Who is this mystery country. Can it be America?

Read the passage. Do some online research, and let me know your thoughts.

Babylon = Egypt, Greece, Persia, Rome, Ottoman Empire, British Empire, Soviet Union, etc...

May be you can add a few more to this list!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:29 PM

Those countries do not fit the descriptions of future Babylon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality