Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:20 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,938,929 times

Advertisements

Studying these magnificent creatures has shown us that they are intelligent and self aware with complex social structures, "language", and even emotion.

Do you think they have a spiritual side?

I think perhaps they do; and wish I could know what it is like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 10:25 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,758,676 times
It has been scientifically proven that an elephant will recognize its own reflection in a mirror. This makes me feel sad, considering how poorly humans as a race have treated so many other inhabitants of the planet.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:18 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,072,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Studying these magnificent creatures has shown us that they are intelligent and self aware with complex social structures, "language", and even emotion.

Do you think they have a spiritual side?

I think perhaps they do; and wish I could know what it is like
Well it sounds like they know when to lend a helping hand (fin).

Dolphin Rescues Stranded Whales : Environmental News Blog | Environmental Graffiti

Old 03-14-2008, 11:20 AM

790 posts, read 4,020,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Well it sounds like they know when to lend a helping hand (fin).

Dolphin Rescues Stranded Whales : Environmental News Blog | Environmental Graffiti
I heard about that on NPR the other day. Wonderful!

Old 03-14-2008, 11:22 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
I do personally believe that animals, and all living creatures, do have souls, but then again, I'm kind of, you know, a freak.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:38 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,758,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I do personally believe that animals, and all living creatures, do have souls, but then again, I'm kind of, you know, a freak.
That's okay, because freaks are more interesting than "normal" people anyway.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:43 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,457,799 times
i think that animals have souls. i also believe that, as red said, people do some horrible things to animals, justifying their actions with some sort of superiority idea. same sort of ignorance that causes racial and religious persecutions. only, some people see animal abuse as a victimless crime.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:55 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,642 times
What I do know is that dolphins have a big connection with humans. You'll see articles every now and again that tell a story about how dolphin's saved or protected a human.

They also have been known to have healing powers with their sonars. Something about the vibrational frequency. If you want to get really deep there are stories of Atlantica and how dolphins used to be...humans. The emerald tablets has more on Atlantica if you're interested.

Just a bit of info from me.

Peace and Love

Old 03-14-2008, 04:01 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
moonsavvy wrote:
Quote:
They also have been known to have healing powers with their sonars. Something about the vibrational frequency. If you want to get really deep there are stories of Atlantica and how dolphins used to be...humans. The emerald tablets has more on Atlantica if you're interested.
Did you mean to say Atlantis? I think that's a bit of a stretch but dolphins are quite intelligent. Also, I think that dolphins, like humans, do not have a spiritual side because there is no spiritual realm.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:08 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
moonsavvy wrote:

Did you mean to say Atlantis? I think that's a bit of a stretch but dolphins are quite intelligent. Also, I think that dolphins, like humans, do not have a spiritual side because there is no spiritual realm.
Yes I did! Thank you for correcting me. I'll excuse it by saying that I just got finished with a very intense test and my brain is a bit fried.

Also I didn't say I believed it, but I have heard spiritual teachers mention it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality