Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 03:12 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by SouthernBoi
Quote:
Also, when it comes to god "speaking" to you, which I think is just people's own thoughts, where does one draw the line of insanity?
Obviously when others share your delusion you cannot be insane. Especially when the majority agrees with you.
So I guess religion is a numbers game where quantity is obviously more important than quality.
In this sense religion and science are exactly the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 08:29 PM

43 posts, read 104,194 times
Personally I think that mankind has made everything more complicated than it is. I dont think God made it that way." Basic instructions before leaving earth," = Bible, thats how He talks to us. When all else fails, read the instructions, "The Holy Bible".

Old 12-18-2008, 08:32 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesomedove54 View Post
Personally I think that mankind has made everything more complicated than it is. I dont think God made it that way." Basic instructions before leaving earth," = Bible, thats how He talks to us. When all else fails, read the instructions, "The Holy Bible".
I so wish I could agree with you but the Bible is man written. So..sorry but your statement is false. The Bible is NOT the word of God.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:14 AM

414 posts, read 776,724 times
Default since this thread has miraculously popped up again ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi Obviously when others share your delusion you cannot be insane. Especially when the majority agrees with you.
So I guess religion is a numbers game where quantity is obviously more important than quality.
In this sense religion and science are exactly the same.

... when this insight strikes home then make sure you're not left alone . It can become very uncomfortable within such a truism.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:23 AM

512 posts, read 712,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Now, let me get this right. According to the Bible, God can do All Things. He created the stars, sky and universe; all of mankind and animal life, and everything that is, God created.

But, when it comes to speaking directly to his most esteemed creation-- Man; God decided to speak thousands of years ago through Prophets, Popes, Bishops, Apostles, Muhammad, Jesus, etc, many of whom have lied and misled the people.

I cannot help from wondering why, if God has all of this Power, why doesn't God make it easy for man and speak in a clear audible voice to each person, not this spiritual internal voice stuff Christians keep referring to and many Chistians mistake for their own thoughts.

I am trying to be open-mined about religion, and the Bible, but so much of it just makes no sense.
Because God isn't really talking to them.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:57 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I so wish I could agree with you but the Bible is man written. So..sorry but your statement is false. The Bible is NOT the word of God.

Her statement is not false. The Bible is the word of God. Just because you don't believe it to be so, does not make the statement any less truthful.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:50 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Hmmm...So God Can Do All Things, Except Speak For Himself?

Well, maybe he's shy...

Old 12-19-2008, 04:07 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
if God has all of this Power, why doesn't God make it easy for man
Maybe b'c man is always wanting everything to be so 'easy' for him and God doesn't see that as the best answer.

Quote:
why doesn't God ... speak in a clear audible voice to each person, not this spiritual internal voice stuff Christians keep referring to and many Chistians mistake for their own thoughts.
Assuming you meant Christians mistake their thoughts for his voice; maybe it's the other way around--maybe others are mistaking his voice for their thoughts.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:33 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Maybe b'c man is always wanting everything to be so 'easy' for him and God doesn't see that as the best answer.
You got that right.

Consider that the requirement to enter the Kingdom is death to all carnality and flesh (mind and soul of the fallen nature). If His Son did it, all who follow must do the same. (Mat 16:24, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, John 15:20, Eph 4:23, Col 3:10, Phil 3:10, 1 Pet 4:13)

Old 12-19-2008, 08:51 PM

852 posts, read 1,364,987 times
Default Try it sometime

Try this sometime
Pray, listen, and acknowledge
He hears you. He will tell you. Let Him know you hear Him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality