Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 PM

43 posts, read 103,811 times

Advertisements

Well I do believe the Bible, however I also understand why alot of people dont believe it , because it is complex. We just dont take the time ( I dont) to study. He tells us to read and He will reveil the truth to us. Like most I am a work in progress, God knows Im not perfect, but Thank God Im not where I used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 10:54 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,938,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesomedove54 View Post
Well I do believe the Bible, however I also understand why alot of people dont believe it , because it is complex. We just dont take the time ( I dont) to study. He tells us to read and He will reveil the truth to us. Like most I am a work in progress, God knows Im not perfect, but Thank God Im not where I used to be.
WHY IN THE WORLD would a an all knowing God require man to study some ancient books to gain insight into who He is? It makes absolutely no sense at all, that an all kowing and wise God would adopt such a flawed plan of salvation...it just doesn't make any sense. What about those born mentally challenged who can't read or comprehend? What about the illiterate throughout the world? What about the blind in undeveloped countries? What does God do, toss these people into the buring fire, simply because he made them that way and because these unfortunate humans did not have the capacity to read and understand the ways of God. Rubbish.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:43 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,779,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
WHY IN THE WORLD would a an all knowing God require man to study some ancient books to gain insight into who He is? It makes absolutely no sense at all, that an all kowing and wise God would adopt such a flawed plan of salvation...it just doesn't make any sense. What about those born mentally challenged who can't read or comprehend? What about the illiterate throughout the world? What about the blind in undeveloped countries? What does God do, toss these people into the buring fire, simply because he made them that way and because these unfortunate humans did not have the capacity to read and understand the ways of God. Rubbish.
God's word is his special revelation to his creation through which we may understand him more, know him better. However, it's not the only revelation. The plan of salvation is not flawed -- it's quite simple. It's so simple, it's actually a stumbling block to many who are puffed up with pride and full of self.

Regarding the points raised above .. don't you think God foresaw those issues and made provision? I believe he did. Why are there missionaries? To spread the gospel to those who otherwise would not hear it. How about a direct revelation from God to a specific individual, isn't that possible for the all powerful God of the universe? Certainly. Many make the assuption that God will just toss those who never heard of him into firery torment. I don't believe that is so and I don't beleive that's what the bible teaches. That's a human assuption based on arrogance and ignorance of God's plan.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:34 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,190,058 times
WoW - I have the most serious case of hay fever with all the straw men in this thread - cough cough - sneeze

Old 12-20-2008, 05:51 AM

414 posts, read 774,982 times
Thumbs up remember Rudolph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
WoW - I have the most serious case of hay fever with all the straw men in this thread - cough cough - sneeze
Gesundheit! - Thought of a hayday the other ....

Old 12-20-2008, 08:18 AM

39 posts, read 67,571 times
I agree that leading a busy life can distract christians from being in tune to the voice of God. Been guilty of this many times myself. The thing i believe is the most challenging though is acting on what he is saying and being obedient to it. Most , not all are afraid of what others will think or that maybe that it is their own thoughts and so second guess themselves. How do you know if it is the voice of God? We are to pray about it. He often will confirm it through other Christians , through his word or circumstances your in to bring it to light. I can say for myself, the majority of the time this has worked and in many circumstances was very glad I was obedient as it resulted in life changing results for others.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:46 AM

39 posts, read 67,571 times
I also agree that leading busy lives does hinder Christians from being in tune with the voice of God. Been guilty of this many times. What I believe is most challenging for many, not all, is being obedient to it . Often fear of what will others think or what if they are only my own thoughts creep in and prevents alot from being followed through. How do you know its the voice of God? I like to pray about it and wait for God to confirm it. It often is confirmed through other christians giving a word, scripture or a circumstance I'm in to bring it to light. The majority of the time this has worked and I was glad I was obedient to it because it resulted in life changing results for others.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:58 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,110,926 times
Quote:
WHY IN THE WORLD would a an all knowing God require man to study some ancient books to gain insight into who He is? It makes absolutely no sense at all, that an all kowing and wise God would adopt such a flawed plan of salvation...it just doesn't make any sense. What about those born mentally challenged who can't read or comprehend? What about the illiterate throughout the world? What about the blind in undeveloped countries?
It's an understatement, but your view is God is rather warped my friend.

It's easier for God to touch the spirit in a man, than it is for you to touch your nose. Don't assume that just because someone can't read, or see, or even think for that matter that God doesn't have an intimate knowledge of their condition and what makes them tick.

Quote:
What does God do, toss these people into the buring fire, simply because he made them that way and because these unfortunate humans did not have the capacity to read and understand the ways of God. Rubbish.

Exactly - that is rubbish.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:55 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,999,036 times
If god can create heavens and earth, why can't he just boom a voice from the sky?
I thought an omnipotent being could do whatever it wanted.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:31 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,946,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
If god can create heavens and earth, why can't he just boom a voice from the sky?
I thought an omnipotent being could do whatever it wanted.
Well God could do that, yet if you really wanted to know who really loves you, you would wait an see who was looking for you. Most people could care less about God or His truth, and that is why so few seek Him. Yet, those who do seek Him, are the one's He is looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality